Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Yoko, what a joko  (Read 15850 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Yoko, what a joko
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 04:52:59 AM »

Quote from: 625
Yeah Imagine Whirled Peace (geddit) what a terrible thing to promote in Johns name. she should be shot ::)

Sorry dude, that's just not right to say, in any circumstances, but especially where John Lennon is concerned, just my 2 cents.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 05:13:37 AM »

sorry, that was meant to be sarcastic , rather than cause offence. apologies. I sometimes forget that sarcasm doesnt always work in type

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 05:24:29 AM »

oh this is just getting ridiculous. Why the hell should she ? Its just any little thing.  Does olivia give all her earnings to charity. Does Paul give all lindas earnings to charity? Why cant you just give the girl a break. Whatever she does, is wrong no matter what it is.

They don't give "all" their earnings to charity but I am sure that they have given at least some of it to charity. It's called being a good person and to help those who are less fortunite (spell)

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

of course Jim and Yoko has given plenty to many worthy causes just like all the others have.

I was just making the point theyre not expected to give every penny they earn away.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »

Quote from: 568

Is it purely the great music that motivates you to post here?

No. I rarely listen to them these days. But I'm fascinated by them as a social phenomena and by the way people react to them, and how their story can be so variously interpreted.
I'm also into Hitler, but I wouldn't p*ss on him if he was on fire (obviously). But the way facts can be interpreted to support a particular point of view, and how history changes depending on who's writting it, fascinates me for the same reasons as The Beatles (and evolution) does.
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »

oh this is just getting ridiculous. Why the hell should she ? Its just any little thing.  Does olivia give all her earnings to charity. Does Paul give all lindas earnings to charity? Why cant you just give the girl a break. Whatever she does, is wrong no matter what it is.

I agree with you on this. Even assuming that some profits MUST go to charity, people seem to be assuming that Yoko doesn't but Olivia does. How so? And good point about the Paul/Linda thing.
don't follow leaders

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »

Quote from: 185

No. I rarely listen to them these days. But I'm fascinated by them as a social phenomena and by the way people react to them, and how their story can be so variously interpreted.
I'm also into Hitler, but I wouldn't p*ss on him if he was on fire (obviously). But the way facts can be interpreted to support a particular point of view, and how history changes depending on who's writting it, fascinates me for the same reasons as The Beatles (and evolution) does.

Do you still see them as an ongoing social phenomenon, or as something of historical interest only (like the socioeconomic structure of feudal Norway, e.g. - important in it's time, in that in can be said that the lack of resources and economic opportunity set the stage for the rise to the Vikings, but truly who gives a flip nowadays?) ?  ;)
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

BlueMeanie

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »

Do you still see them as an ongoing social phenomenon, or as something of historical interest only (like the socioeconomic structure of feudal Norway, e.g. - important in it's time, in that in can be said that the lack of resources and economic opportunity set the stage for the rise to the Vikings, but truly who gives a flip nowadays?) ?  ;)

Norwegians?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »

Ha. No, historical only. Mind, more like the Vikings (an image still to be found everywhere, rather than your fun-loving Norwegians who gave rise to them.)
I guess the Vikings were The Beatles of the Rape-and-Pillage era. To wit:
First dark ages downtrodden peasant "'Ere, who would you rather be done in by - a Viking or a Mongol?"
Second dark ages downtrodden peasant "We were talking about this in the pub the other day. Definately The Vikings."
First DADTP: "Ow's that then?"
Second DADTP: "It's the hats. Love the horns. And they started it all didn't they."
First DADTP "Actually, Old Brian Big Ears was saying the horn-on-the-hats thing is a myth."
Second DADTP "f*** off! What would he know?"
First DADTP "Exactly. Apparantly he's a Barbary Pirates man."
Second DADTP "Barbary Pirates! f*** off! Not even in the top five. Anyways, ain't they more your Renaissance Marauder era types?"
First DADTP: "Well technically..."
don't follow leaders

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »

Quote from: 185

I agree with you on this. Even assuming that some profits MUST go to charity, people seem to be assuming that Yoko doesn't but Olivia does. How so? And good point about the Paul/Linda thing.

thank you.

The way ive been banging on about this might lead people to believe that I think Yoko can do no wrong. that isnt the case and as with everything else, i criticise where necessary but i just dont think she deserves the level of critisism levelled at her. Whatever she does, someone will be unhappy i guess
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.504 seconds with 60 queries.