Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic:  "SLOAN" ??????????????????????  (Read 1494 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
 "SLOAN" ??????????????????????
« on: April 24, 2005, 04:19:06 AM »

I just had the opportunity to see Sloan in a bar that only held about 200 people! They rocked the place out by playing all their noteable hits and also previewd  2 new songs off their up coming greatest hits cd!!!!! This group is one of the best examples of a hugely talented band that got lost in the American landscape of rock! They all sing different songs and can play different instruments in the band!

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Re:  "SLOAN" ??????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:47:16 AM »

Have none of you heard of "SLOAN?"

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 01:07:29 AM »

well, considering i've been really getting into some "recent" or "newer" bands lately, what songs or albums do you feel i sohuld give a lsiten to, app sauce?

heard 'if it feels good' a while ago. a pretty good tune, but not anything i would go crazy over. the lead singer looks, in many ways, like john and if i am correct the guitarist plays a ric 325. are they a beatles influenced group?
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 02:25:44 AM »

Yea very talented! Jay is all over the Brit scene! They are bringing out a "greatest Hits" cd which will pretty well give you a good over sight of this band! If you are looking for some "Quality" music may I suggest,  "Take Over The Uk"  "Pilate" "The Red Walls"  and   "Travis"! All these bands are quite talented! A few choice Sloan songs would be Back Stabber,  Underwhelmed,  Chester The Molester, Marquee and the Moon, Navy Blues ! They all sing and interchange playing their instrumets a very talented band!

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 42 queries.