Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Yoko, what a joko  (Read 15817 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Yoko, what a joko
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 02:21:08 PM »

Thanks, guys. Anyway, I'm done. Tony already knows everything I'm going to say -- which you have to admit is quite a time saver!  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »

Somehow I knew you would say that.  ;D

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

none of those are personal insults and none worse than "what planet are you living on". oh well thats a shame it was just getting going.

And the 2nd thing that i predicted you were going to say hari, i actually agreed with ;D

thought Kevins post above was very funny. Reminds me of the sort of thing Terry would say in The Likely Lads. ;D

Bobber

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 02:41:18 PM »

I wasn't saying it was personal insults. I was saying it wasn't very diplomatic.

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »

No maybe not but between the pair of you youve killed the thread with over moderation and one sided over modration at that. Im sure harihead was coping. If youre going to play policeman, play it fairly

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 03:20:34 PM »

Quote from: 625

For the record Johns output without yoko POB/Imagine/Mind Games/Walls & bridges/Rock n Roll. Ok?

Yoko was a huge influence on POB/Imagine/Mind Games.

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

Also a huge influence on Walls & Bridges but she's not on them though is she. which was the point i was making.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »

Yoko was on Johns albums and by his side at concerts because HE wanted her there just as Paul wanted linda there.

not sure how happy he is with yoko at his side here
AvU8XnnnotA
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Bobber

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 05:32:17 PM »

No maybe not but between the pair of you youve killed the thread with over moderation and one sided over modration at that. Im sure harihead was coping. If youre going to play policeman, play it fairly

Excuse me? Over moderation? Here?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 02:08:52 AM »

We were playing fairly. And this was not over moderation. In fairness Tony, you're not on here much so you don't really know anyone's character here. Sometimes it's necessary to step in, depending on who's involved.

Another thing. You don't seem to encourage any kind of discussion on your forum. That's fine, if you want it, but you seem to reserve your vitriol for when you come on here. That's also fine. But remember, if you want to do that, then everyone's fair game. If someone disagrees with you, have a discussion about it, instead of just assuming they're stupid.

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 02:51:33 AM »

Well actually what youve just said is very patronising towards harihead. what youre actually saying is that she needed rescuing by you and bobber because she couldnt do it herself. im sure she was delighted with that.

I at no time assumed she was stupid, all i did was point out that some of her remarks were factually incorrect and that some of them were not relevant to the topic. What exactly is wrong with that?

You (Paul) accused me of making personal insults which i never did but you were ok with her saying " what planet are you on". So that is where the bias moderation comes in and you both know it and if you dont then please explain to me why i was reprimanded and harihead wasnt. From what youve said above, it quite clearly due to the fact that she is a regular and im not. true?

I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me and i will admit when im wrong (and bobber will testify to that) but if people are using incorrect information as the basis of their argument then i will try and prove them wrong with facts. If that makes them look stupid then that is the result of their poor journalism.

I do read this board but dont post very often because of the constant negativity that runs throughout the majority of threads here.

As for my board, of course we encourage discussion and we have plenty of it but i cant make people argue with each other. You probably dont see it because you only come on there to play games and replicate them here.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2008, 07:31:09 AM »

I do read this board but dont post very often because of the constant negativity that runs throughout the majority of threads here.

If you don't like it Tony, then don't come here. You are welcome anytime, but don't just come on here and get immediately confrontational with people. Why is it you're so meek and mild on your own forum, and yet as soon as you come on to DM's you get mouthy with people? Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde?

And by the way, as a moderator, I am duty bound to step in and 'protect' someone if I feel it necessary. I don't tell you how to run Beatleboards do I?

And by the way, insert realism for negativity. This is not a Holy Shrine, it's a discussion forum. And the only person that has a problem with it apparently, is you.

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »

and why is it that you only choose to address the issues in my thread that you feel you can justify?

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »

Quote from: 185
I think Yoko gets a lot of undue stick over the beakup but I don't like or respect her. Then again, I don't respect or like John either. And if Paul wasn't an ex-Beatle I wouldn't want him around my gaffe. George and Ringo don't seem the sort of people I would want to hang around with either. (except Ringo would be fun if you wanted to get trashed, but those kind of relationships are never rewarding.)
If Yoko was dominant and manipulative, then John was weak and submissive. I find none of these glaringly attractive personality traits.

Is it purely the great music that motivates you to post here?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2008, 10:01:29 PM »

I am told that Yoko has authorised a Ben and Jerry John Lennon ice cream. Please tell me that this is not so.

Bobber

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 02:04:37 AM »

Quote from: 1062
I am told that Yoko has authorised a Ben and Jerry John Lennon ice cream. Please tell me that this is not so.

I'm afraid it is. Read here: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-news/m-1204278219/

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 03:38:40 AM »

Yeah Imagine Whirled Peace (geddit) what a terrible thing to promote in Johns name. she should be shot ::)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 03:43:33 AM »

The ice cream sounds really good  :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 03:43:48 AM »

Is she giving the money she earns from this to charity? That's all I want to know.

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 03:47:36 AM »

oh this is just getting ridiculous. Why the hell should she ? Its just any little thing.  Does olivia give all her earnings to charity. Does Paul give all lindas earnings to charity? Why cant you just give the girl a break. Whatever she does, is wrong no matter what it is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.514 seconds with 85 queries.