Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: John As anti-Christ  (Read 3375 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
John As anti-Christ
« on: March 06, 2008, 04:02:17 PM »

I've just come across this very weird site. He is an excerpt. Tell me what you think.

"The Beatles caused the disintegration of mankind

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: John As anti-Christ
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »

Sorry, Bill. As soon as I read God, Devil and Antichrist in an article that is not tongue-in-cheek, I stop reading. Where did you find this, some American Religious Nutter website?

I'm sorry to say there are perfect wackos running around who fear the devil in their daily lives. Most of us outgrow that myth along with the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus, but not everyone. In fact, America is full of them. I had a lovely chat with a bunch of old college buddies just this last weekend, and every single one of us (8 at the table) had at least one religious fundamentalist loony in our immediate families. My uncle miraculously regained his hearing during a prayer service; he told the story with gusto. The problem is... he'd never lost his hearing. Didn't stop him from believing he'd been miraculously cured.

I don't know what we can do about people who spew so much hatred for other people. As long as organized religion is looked upon as a good and positive thing, weirdos like the author of this article have all sorts of support for believing in devils and hell and other medieval holdovers that really belong up on Mount Olympus with Zeus. I recently made the decision to join the ranks of the atheists who say, honestly, this is all made up! Can't we all just get along?
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 06:48:27 PM »

I think there's quite of lot of idiots like the author of this article on the net and the world. I usually neglect them.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

Wow!
Thats some intricate Satan weaving going on, where clever sprinkles of truth are distorted into such fine percievement that the writer could be Satan himself turning all the guys achievments into pure evil. Most people must have at least a moment when they seem to not represent what they stand for in a lifetime and the bible is one big book to make connections with.

The truth is, both forces of good & evil would be able to claim victory, so it's neither here nor there, other than to draw interesting yet disturbing insights into motivations that MAY have stirred the members of the beatles. I also believe you can playfully have fun with your status if people are gullible enough to read into it and the Beatles certainly did that.

The writer seems to be one helluva an anti UK, bitter gospel musician. A proper creative imagination with prejudiced research....Wouldn't want him at my gigs! lol

it certainly brings up for me the notion of resentment in educated, trained musicians from the time. Maybe the feeling that they overshadowed or perhaps even stole exposure from many more artists & genres. Whoever may have manipulated The beatles, I personally think it would have been beyond even the guys control...at least initially.

As a working musician myself, I remember the dreams & hopes of playing in a band at first and I admire they way they discovered themselves & coped with the challenges.....We are all just put on this rock to find our thing......Hopefully. People better than you that don't make it & people worse that do. Even then, what does 'making it' really mean?

It seems the church has done more damage than most things on this planet. Man if the writer could have just put that energy into writing the gospel of JPGR. Think positive mate! lol

I go along with Harihead too. A real spew of hatred going on!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:29:08 AM »

Lovely reply, An Apple Beatle. As someone in a creative field, I found this very comforting:

Quote from: 15
We are all just put on this rock to find our thing......Hopefully. People better than you that don't make it & people worse that do.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »

Quote from: 1062
The Rock revolution came from the Nation that allows a church to be changed to a pub or to a dance hall or to a recording studio full of drug addicts, homosexuals and lunatics (as that of George Martin, ally of the Beatles, at Lyndhurst Rd., London NW3).

OK; drug addict - check. Homosexual - check. But lunatic? Who?
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 11:26:06 AM »

Magic Alex?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 11:52:09 AM »

Quote from: 63
Magic Alex?

Misunderstood genius!!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »

lol. Someone who definitly felt close to the beatles at some point i reckon. A family member of magic alex? Just as pluasible as the article. lol
Thanks Harihead, getting any material together at all is an achievment in itself, let alone of their combined quality and the skills required to get the music exposed.I would even go and say music is a higher form of spirituality than man made religions as it is the force of communication that they all employ to spread joy & fulfillment.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »

Whew. The ungodly are everywhere, and every phone booth is an avatar of Beelzebub himself. This fellow has, er, issues, and with far more than rock music. If Chris Carter was still making The X-Files, I'd suggest sending this along to him; there's probably a script in it somewhere.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 04:21:11 PM »

I have to say I read this again last night but not logged in and if the author actually spoke this to me I am not sure how polite I would react. Especially the Georges throat cancer comment....Got me rather angered that someone can string that cra p together.

It just shows that you can weave a spin on anything good or bad. We have to suffer it everyday.  :-/

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »

An interesting notion is how Governments in different countries use propaganda and music in warfare and how most instrument effects and recording apparatus have come from designs of war. Are we controlled by oscillations & frequencies? Our isle of Wight Police force is actually trialling some device that disperses under 25's with a sonic frequency as anyone older cannot hear it.
I mean, speak your mind too much as Lennon did and you get the FBI on your case. So just an interesting theory is, The Beatles used as a British/Western propaganda machine.  Loads of material for the conspiracy theorists. ...Sorry...just a meandering thoughts aloud. lol

I do actually just simply love the music and playing it but like a good tangent exploration from time to time. Please do not treat my comments too seriously.  :P

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »

lmao well for a bunch of devils puppets they did a hell of a lot of promoting of peace and love or was that a cover up for something more sinister (afraid5)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 06:32:16 PM »

Sex and Drugs and Rock n Roll always seemed like Heaven to me (devil3)(devil5)

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 08:15:02 PM »

When you identify the devil in something, you identify the devil in yourself.

I havent said hello yet so I shall say hello Bill.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »

Quote from: 758
lmao well for a bunch of devils puppets they did a hell of a lot of promoting of peace and love or was that a cover up for something more sinister (afraid5)
LOL! Yes, well said. Oh, those devilish Beatles, spreading joy and happiness and helping to heal a nation of its hurts. What a bunch of scum.

Quote from: 15
getting any material together at all is an achievment in itself, let alone of their combined quality and the skills required to get the music exposed.I would even go and say music is a higher form of spirituality than man made religions as it is the force of communication that they all employ to spread joy & fulfillment.
I love all of this. Yes, there are many forms of excellent spirituality which have nothing to do with religion. That elevation of spirit, the wish to create, grow, spread good feelings-- that's pretty keen. One of my favorite phrases from the Bible is "You shall know them by their fruits." This is a good litmus test for any endeavor. What do people say, and what do they actually do? Anyone can pay lip service to some popular idea. If what you really create ends up being a positive force in people's lives, you win the prize!

Too often those who don't create anything end up being critics. Nothing wrong with it, really, except so many of them are negative and demeaning towards those who do create something. Doesn't seem much of a tasty fruit to me.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 02:18:57 AM »

Quote from: 779

I havent said hello yet so I shall say hello Bill.

Very profound mon ami... The Kingdom of heaven is within and the Devil & God exist in all of us. Strung together a bit of funkladelic with  abit of yin yan theory in there you'll notice. heheh

Tell you what Bill. it's a right rouser article you found there.  I hope you may have exOrcised the pen thats mightier than the sword on him!  ;D
Was there any feedback or reply to this article elsewhere?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:14:13 AM »

Why validate anything that person has to say by quoting or posting him on another website? It's complete trash. And didn't Charles Manson already cover this ground?

If it were written as comedy though, it'd be pretty damn funny. "Paul has a big inferiority complex as a man, due to his effeminate face, body and personality" That's comedy gold.  ::)

Hey, and if it were true, we could just add it to their long list of accomplishments:
64. Best-selling musical group of all time, estimated by EMI to have over one billion discs and tapes sold worldwide.
65. Have had more number one albums than any other group.
66. Responsible for the disintegration of mankind!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 12:21:05 PM »

Quote from: 779

Did you get The Big Bumper Book of Platitudes for Christmas?
don't follow leaders

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:40:42 PM »

Hello Bill - Whoever
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 82 queries.