Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: McCartney vs. RAM  (Read 8808 times)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: McCartney vs. RAM
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 11:06:25 AM »

Finally (if you're still reading): Paul doesn't do most of his solo songs live. He has a little group (most from the 70s) that he repeats in concerts, but most of his vast repertoire he ignores! He does songs from when he wrote brilliantly - with the Beatles. Could it be that Paul finds most of his solo output too weak, and best left to quietly disappear? I think so!

Oh Ydoll! He has only just started performing many Beatle tunes again in his last tour.
Now I'm not quite sure , had he not gigged for a long time before that?
Also, when he did, it was with Wings?
Basically, he is re-visiting that material which I agree is far better than most his solo efforts. This is something recent. Not something he's always done.
Also, to put on a 2/3 hr show, he would still be leaving out many, many works. Thats just another indication of the mans prolific writing.

The man is in his twilight performing his best works......So why weave this negativeness out of it?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 11:23:47 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
(1) I don't hate Paul. But I don't adore him either. Look on me as the necessary antidote to the gushing praise of the Paulie People.

No. Your the venom!

(2) This IS a very cliquey forum, with people ganging up on others.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 02:26:17 PM »

(1) I don't hate Paul. But I don't adore him either. Look on me as the necessary antidote to the gushing praise of the Paulie People.

The only problem with this is that its always ONLY Paul that you want to be the antidote for. Why do you never comment on the other lads solo efforts? Johns tunes that were almost always so negative minded that after listening to a few of them, I almost feel as if I want to tell him to just get over it already because he didnt have it all that bad. Or maybe George's career that was filled with so many forgetful tunes and albums that even the greatest of Beatle fans would have to dig into their collection to just remember what song somebody might have been refering to. Or Ringo's career,,,,,,well, i'll just leave Ringo alone. We never see you comment on the other three. If you did or do, it would somehow come back to Paul one way or the other.

2) This IS a very cliquey forum, with people ganging up on others.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 08:10:10 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle

Oh Ydoll! He has only just started performing many Beatle tunes again in his last tour.
Now I'm not quite sure , had he not gigged for a long time before that?
Also, when he did, it was with Wings?
Basically, he is re-visiting that material which I agree is far better than most his solo efforts. This is something recent. Not something he's always done.
Also, to put on a 2/3 hr show, he would still be leaving out many, many works. Thats just another indication of the mans prolific writing.

The man is in his twilight performing his best works......So why weave this negativeness out of it?

No, he has performed Beatle stuff from the 76 Wings Over America tour. He started off touring in 72 as Wings, saying he would not play Beatle songs. But over the decades the proportion of Beatle songs has grown and grown.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 08:13:15 PM »

From Apple Beatle:
Stop playing the victim if you don't care.

I don't think I'm quite playing the victim here!! Gee, people talk nonsense sometimes.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2005, 08:15:31 PM »

To all who think I bash Paul too much, and leave the others alone:

It's because there's so many here who gush over and praise Paul McCartney! Like I said, I'm the antidote to that.

You know, it IS a public forum ...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005, 09:29:32 PM »

The self acclaimed antidote...Well done. Round of applause for your hard efforts.  ::)

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2005, 11:13:38 PM »

He incorporated quite a few numbers from "Flowers In The Dirt" on the '89-'90 tour. He did a few from 'Off The Ground' on the '93 tour as well. Did some from 'Driving Rain', so I don't know where the notion that he doesn't incorporate new material comes from. How much time can you possibly devote to new material when your catalogue is 40+ years worth, most of it gems? Yet he still will toss a few out.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2005, 11:23:44 PM »

To all who think I bash Paul too much, and leave the others alone:

It's because there's so many here who gush over and praise Paul McCartney! Like I said, I'm the antidote to that.

You know, it IS a public forum ...

Youre right.  If theres one thing I cant stand its the countless "Gee golly whizbangers isnt ALL of Pauls post-beatle work SUPERB?!!"  Thank god i have someone who can see throught the bullsh*t for me

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 12:42:49 AM »

^Well I don't think I ever said that.

Ydoll has finally admitted that he does bash on about Paul all the time.

It's just so boring to read about. I happen to like THE BEATLES. It's mainly a BEATLE forum. I get pis*ed off with someone constantly berating a BEATLE. Simple. Dos'nt make me a MACCA Gusher or whatever you want to label it.

I'm glad you got someone to see for you. Can't you see it yourself?

This place sure ain't capturing the spirit or enjoyment of The Beatles with cr ap debates like this. So pointless!

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 12:53:54 AM »

I don't think there's one single forum member that praises all of Maccas solo work.