Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Russia invades Ukraine.  (Read 10675 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: The War Against Russia
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2022, 09:48:56 PM »

The Empire State Building is lit up yellow and blue to show our support of Ukraine.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2022, 08:24:03 AM »

Very beautiful!

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 06:59:29 PM »

Today is the day when russians are biding Instagram adieu... Me too, I have so many memories and pictures in Instagram. Burn in hell, Mr. Putin "Ruining lives".
More that 40 millions new registrations in Telegram today.

Also I'm glad that this forum is a free place where one can send a dictator to hell
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:43:29 AM by Dmitry »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2022, 08:19:41 PM »

I'm glad you posted, Dmitry; I've been worried about you and your family.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2022, 09:21:11 PM »

Yes, nice to hear from you Dmitry.

Putin is now killing innocent children. He's bombing supermarkets and hospitals.

And he's just killed an American journalist.

Putin must and will be stopped, above all for lying to the good Russian people.

Time Magazine has paid tribute to the American journalist and filmmaker Brent Renaud, who was killed earlier by gunfire in the Ukrainian town of Irpin.

Earlier on Sunday US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan accused Russia of "targeting journalists" and said the US would impose "appropriate consequences".

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2022, 06:52:09 AM »

I'm not sure whether russians or ukrainians killed Brent Renaud, - it doesn't metter - I'm sure Putin is responsible for his death. He started the war, he could not solve the problem peacefully.

By the way, in Russia it is prohibited to call this war `war' . We have to call it `special operation'. Otherwise - jail.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2022, 09:56:34 AM »

By the way, in Russia it is prohibited to call this war `war' . We have to call it `special operation'. Otherwise - jail.

Yes, this is common nowadays. Though sending people to prison is extreme.

When Argentina seized the Falkland Islands in 1982 they didn't declare war on the UK.

The UK the sent a 'task force' to take back the islands. The UK did not declare war on Argentina.

So, the Falkland War never officially existed !

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2022, 01:57:24 PM »

...Political games.

By the way, talking about Russia vs. Ukraine.
In Mariupol and Donetsk there is are fights between armies of Putin and Rinat Akhmetov.
Billionaire Akhmetov have huge Azovstalʹ in Mariupol and Avdeyevskiy Coke Plant near Donetsk, and military battalions which guard them.
Russians are trying to capture them. Right after Russian invasion Akhmetov assured the residents of Mariupol to stay in the city, and that everything would be all right.
Now residents of Mariupol is a human shield.
Back in 2014 Putin could capture Mariupol, but Akhmetov visited Moscow, and it seems they made a deal. This time they couldn't agree.

Akhmetov became very powerful after 90s, but there were times, when he was an ordinary guy and spent time with friends, drink vodka with my wife's first husband Igor  roll:)
Now Akhmetov is a billionaire businessman, and Igor and ordinary worker in Ministry of Emergency Situations in Donetsk.
These days Akhmetov is bombing Donetsk, and Igor helps to eliminate the consequences. God works in mysterious ways!
In the morning Ukrainian OTR-21 Tochka in Pokrovsk fired a missile in center of Donetsk. Many civilian casualties :'(

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2022, 02:04:35 PM »

Squatters occupy Russian oligarch's villa

A group of squatters broke into a central London villa believed to be owned by Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska. The oligarch is on the British sanctions list because of his ties to the Kremlin. The squatters have hung up a Ukrainian flag and put up banners. It reads "This building has been liberated", a nod to the "liberation" of Ukraine, as the Russian army calls the war in Ukraine. Oleg Deripaska became very wealthy with the aluminum trade.

London Mayor Khan has proposed hosting Ukrainian refugees in the apartments and homes of Russian oligarchs in London. "Most houses are empty anyway," he said.

London is sometimes called Londongrad, because many oligarchs live in the city.

A villa has also been squatted in the French seaside resort of Biarritz. According to The Guardian, the house is owned by a former son-in-law of President Putin, billionaire Kirill Shamalov. The squatters have hung a Ukrainian flag and say they will open the building to receive Ukrainian refugees.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »

The era of Russian money in London is over. I can't imagine why Russian oligarchs let Putin begin war  ???

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2022, 09:24:24 PM »

Thanks for your interesting post Dmitry.

Here's Rinat Akhmetov's villa in the South of France.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2022, 09:33:10 PM »

Today on Russian TV. Russians, if informed, would no doubt be against the war.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2022, 11:16:56 PM »

...Political games.

By the way, talking about Russia vs. Ukraine.
In Mariupol and Donetsk there is are fights between armies of Putin and Rinat Akhmetov.
Billionaire Akhmetov have huge Azovstalʹ in Mariupol and Avdeyevskiy Coke Plant near Donetsk, and military battalions which guard them.
Russians are trying to capture them. Right after Russian invasion Akhmetov assured the residents of Mariupol to stay in the city, and that everything would be all right.
Now residents of Mariupol is a human shield.
Back in 2014 Putin could capture Mariupol, but Akhmetov visited Moscow, and it seems they made a deal. This time they couldn't agree.

Akhmetov became very powerful after 90s, but there were times, when he was an ordinary guy and spent time with friends, drink vodka with my wife's first husband Igor  roll:)
Now Akhmetov is a billionaire businessman, and Igor and ordinary worker in Ministry of Emergency Situations in Donetsk.
These days Akhmetov is bombing Donetsk, and Igor helps to eliminate the consequences. God works in mysterious ways!
In the morning Ukrainian OTR-21 Tochka in Pokrovsk fired a missile in center of Donetsk. Many civilian casualties :'(

Interview with Rinat Akhmetov

https://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakroll/2022/03/10/ukraines-richest-man-rinat-akhmetov-says-hes-doing-everything-he-can-to-help-his-country/?sh=5b81306a6841
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2022, 06:06:55 AM »

Today on Russian TV. Russians, if informed, would no doubt be against the war.

Marina Ovsyannikova...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_MG0os17XM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_MG0os17XM</a>

...Brave woman.

Russia must immediately stop this fratricidal war.
It is up to us to stop this madness.
Come out to protest, do not be afraid.
They cannot put all of us in jail.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2022, 07:50:33 AM »

Indeed, brave woman. I'm afraid we won't hear from her again :-( Hope I'm wrong. Where is she now nobody knows.
She could be imprisonment up to fifteen years according to article 207 of The Criminal Code Of The Russian Federation.
As I said earlier, if you say that Russia is at war, you go to jail.
Nevertheless, I think it is some kind of provocation and she was well paid. It was a prepared operation, that some of her colleagues knew about. As far as I know she have children. Either she was well paid and given guarantees, or she is a fool. Most likely the first.

About Rinat Akhmetov I've heard many good things he did, as well as bad. I've read he supported education and medicine in Urkaine. I've heard his fighters are blocking the humanitarian corridor in Mariupol. Also I've heard that Putin wants people left Ukranian cities along humanitarian corridors to the territory of Russia, meanwhile Zenensky wants humanitarian corridors lead to the territory of Ukraine. So they blame each other, and most people just can't leave cities, because humanitarian corridors do not work.

After Mariupol and Avdeevka, the next city will be Dnipro. It is under protection of another billionaire Ihor Kolomoyskyi, which has much bigger army than Akhmetov. I think it could be a long bloody war  :'(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 12:23:25 PM by Dmitry »

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2022, 09:16:43 AM »

It looks like Marina Ovsyannikova was paid for the action. She was not sent to prison. Only a $300 penalty.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2022, 09:32:17 AM »

It looks like Marina Ovsyannikova was paid for the action. She was not sent to prison. Only a $300 penalty.

She wasn't paid for what she did.

She has paid a fine but her problems may not be over.

She was interrogated for 14 hours with no access to a lawyer. I think the government wanted to make sure she wasn't part of an organised conspiracy.

In the video, she called on the Russian people to protest against the war, saying only they have the power to "stop all this madness".

"Don't be afraid of anything. They can't imprison us all," she said.
- BBC NEWS.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2022, 12:23:18 PM »

She wasn't paid for what she did.

She has paid a fine but her problems may not be over.

She was interrogated for 14 hours with no access to a lawyer. I think the government wanted to make sure she wasn't part of an organised conspiracy.

In the video, she called on the Russian people to protest against the war, saying only they have the power to "stop all this madness".

"Don't be afraid of anything. They can't imprison us all," she said.
- BBC NEWS.

This fine was just for the posted video. Not for the action on live television. That 'trial' will be another story I'm afraid.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2022, 12:34:47 PM »

This fine was just for the posted video. Not for the action on live television. That 'trial' will be another story I'm afraid.

Indeed. You're right, Tamara.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2022, 12:16:44 PM »

I have a neighbor Andrey, who lives in apartment next to me. I just found out that his brother lives in Sievierodonetsk, and his parents live in a village near the town. Well, he said nothing new: Sievierodonetsk is being shelled, no water, no electricity, tanks drive through the fields scaring people - all these horrors of war.

Yesterday my son returned from tennis training and told us a story: one little girl there said to others that Russia is great and Urkaine is bad, and she provided her words with gestures: thumb up and f..k. Oh, my Gosh! What kind a people around us that put these things into children  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.631 seconds with 76 queries.