Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The only albums I haven't heard.  (Read 1737 times)

Wayne L.

The only albums I haven't heard.
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

I didn't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here, to clear things up, so to speak, as a dedicated Beatles fan, but I'm not a hardcore fan, with everything with their name on it & there are only a few albums I haven't heard completely yet.  They are Two Virgins, Life With The Lions, The Wedding Album(avant garde John & Yoko trio), Mind Games, Rock & Roll, Sentimental Journey, Beaucoups Of Blues, Ringo, Goodnight Vienna, Time Takes Time, Vertical Man, Ringorama, Living In The Material World, Extra Texture, Brainwashed, Travelling Wilburys, Travelling Wilburys Vol. 3, Flowers In The Dirt, Of The Ground, Run Devil Run & Driving Rain.  I'm not counting Live In Japan or Back In The U. S. or All Starr Band live albums, since they don't really count.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: The only albums I haven't heard.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 03:04:17 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
  I'm not counting Live In Japan or Back In The U. S. or All Starr Band live albums, since they don't really count.  
that is insane wayne....george worked hard on live in japan.......

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »

You're insane pc31.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »

You're insane pc31.

You're getting off topic here, Wayne L.

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

He calls me insane & you don't think it's insane Bobber.  I know Live In Japan is a great live album from George, but live albums aren't the same as studio albums.  

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 08:50:57 PM »

yeh they are? i think live in japan should definatley be included. whats the point of this topic anyway?

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 01:42:48 AM »

We're all a little insane.  So let's put that aside.  I think of all the albums Wayne mentioned, I'd go for Living in the Material World, Brainwashed, Ringo, one of the Paul albums (probably Flowers in the Dirt), and probably the first Travelling Wilburys album.  I've heard most of Live in Japan and it sounds pretty good, but I actually like the Concert for George better (sorry George).  

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 03:23:04 AM »

I didn't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here, to clear things up, so to speak, as a dedicated Beatles fan, but I'm not a hardcore fan, with everything with their name on it & there are only a few albums I haven't heard completely yet.  They are Two Virgins, Life With The Lions, The Wedding Album(avant garde John & Yoko trio), Mind Games, Rock & Roll, Sentimental Journey, Beaucoups Of Blues, Ringo, Goodnight Vienna, Time Takes Time, Vertical Man, Ringorama, Living In The Material World, Extra Texture, Brainwashed, Travelling Wilburys, Travelling Wilburys Vol. 3, Flowers In The Dirt, Of The Ground, Run Devil Run & Driving Rain.  I'm not counting Live In Japan or Back In The U. S. or All Starr Band live albums, since they don't really count.  

After reading your list Wayne, its unacceptable that you havent listened to 'Two Virgins', 'Life With The Lions', and 'The Wedding Album'.

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 07:45:06 AM »

He calls me insane & you don't think it's insane Bobber.  I know Live In Japan is a great live album from George, but live albums aren't the same as studio albums.  

No, he did not call you insane. He thought it was insane not to include those albums. That is a difference. Now, on topic: I have never really listened to George Live In Japan album neither, for I've never really been interested in George's solocarreer after All Things Must Pass and Living In The Material World. To my opinion, it became more or less the same, tho many will disagree with me. I'm listening to most Paul and John still and the early solo years of George. Ringo has never been a favourite of mine with his solostuff and certainly the albums from the 80's and 90's have not reached my ears.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »

Quote from: lennonlegend
yeh they are? i think live in japan should definatley be included. whats the point of this topic anyway?
i think there is no point....when a musician of georges' calibre decides to tour again after not doing so for several years....he prepares not like john did....george practised with the band and did so on more than one occasion...it was over in japan because of what happened last time in america..i believe...
to not include live albums in peoples' recorded list is not only insane but assnine...there is not a single band that can be compared to the wilbury brothers not even an all starr band...george deserves more credit than he gets...i think people shyed away because of the earlier dabbling in religions....to bad surface dust hides the treasure that is below...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 11:47:31 PM »

Wayne L.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »

Out of sight, out of mind & out of control, that's the best way to describe pc31.  I wasn't even criticizing Live In Japan in the first place, but this animal had to make a big deal about it.  

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 12:56:04 PM »

and you guys missed this?????

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 12:58:02 PM »

Out of sight, out of mind & out of control, that's the best way to describe pc31.  I wasn't even criticizing Live In Japan in the first place, but this animal had to make a big deal about it.  
you,wayne l always critisize what you don't know about...

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 59 queries.