Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Original Smile on LP  (Read 705 times)

Leopard Skin Pill Box Man

• A Beginning
Original Smile on LP
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »

I was recently in a record store, when I glanced by the Beach Boys section and noticed a what looked to be a recently pressed brand new Smile album in LP. It had the original album cover which was never released and it said The Beach Boys and not Brian Wilson, so I was thinking this was most likely a bootleg. Does anybody know what exactly this would be? and how rare this is?

BlueMeanie

Re: Original Smile on LP
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 07:02:02 AM »

Could it be this:

http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=vigo-110&section=14

Joost is your man for this one though.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 08:47:36 AM »

If it's Smile and it's by the Beach Boys, than it's 100% a bootleg.

Smile bootlegs are not really that rare. There are a lot of slightly different versions available (most of them on CD though), some have more tracks than others, some have a better sound quality than others and some just have the songs in a different running order. And almost all of them use the original cover art, so it's kind of hard to tell them apart.

A recent Smile bootleg is not really that valuable, but of course it's always interesting if you can get it for a reasonable price.

Leopard Skin Pill Box Man

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 02:13:15 PM »

Perhaps I should have checked the songs on the back of it, but I don't remember the tracklistings. I'm going to check it out today, I remember it being $18, I'm not sure if that is a lot for what it is. I don't have any real bootlegs (if there is such a thing) because all of mine are mp3, so I might pick this one up. Thanks for the help!

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 40 queries.