Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: John and Brians night together  (Read 5200 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
John and Brians night together
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:15:15 AM »

(I had to post this just for PC if nobody else)

Lennon had 'one night stand' with Epstein

The late John Lennon had a one night stand with The Beatles' gay manager Brian Epstein in 1963, according to the band's official biographer Hunter Davies.

In Davies' forthcoming memoirs 'The Beatles, football and me' he claims Lennon once told him of his night of passion with Epstein in Barcelona, Spain.

At the time, Lennon's first wife Cynthia had recently given birth to their son Julian.

Davies writes: "John wasn't a homosexual but he was daft enough to try anything once."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=194250252&p=y94z5x958

Bobber

Re: John and Brians night together
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »

What can we say? They're both dead. As long as I don't see a picture of it, it remains a rumour.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »

I have no reason to doubt Mr Davies. Too much smoke for there not to be a little fire. I just hope it gave him a little happiness. His other relationships don't seem to  have.  RIP both.
(I have to confess to getting a little bit of satisfaction when the nice safe white heterosexual world gets a little kick in the balls.)
don't follow leaders

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 07:07:23 PM »

Quote from: 63
What can we say? They're both dead. As long as I don't see a picture of it, it remains a rumour.

I agree 100%

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:00:43 PM »

as much as i am for gay rights and marriage, i never want to see a picture of john and brian together...seeing him naked with yoko was bad enough.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:54:36 PM »

It might very well be a rumor although I agree with Kevin that something must have happened as it gets talked about enough. Nobody seemed to deny anything over the years, but theres no details either.

Anyways, last I checked, Paul was never rumored to having relations with other men.  8)

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 09:20:46 AM »

John admitted to it but kept it to a minimum. When Tony Barrow joked about it at a party, John took a shovel and beat him senseless.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 02:13:48 PM »

Quote from: 100
John admitted to it but kept it to a minimum. When Tony Barrow joked about it at a party, John took a shovel and beat him senseless.

Wasn't it at Paul's 21st birthday party that he beat up Bob Wooller (Cavern DJ and announcer) for that comment. The incident actually made the national press which I believe was the first time the Beatles had done so!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »

In the '60s, something like this would have destroyed their career. At least now, people are more open minded. Homosexuality was illegal in Britain until the same year Brian died. Isn't that sad?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 07:38:13 PM »

Quote from: 218
In the '60s, something like this would have destroyed their career. At least now, people are more open minded. Homosexuality was illegal in Britain until the same year Brian died. Isn't that sad?

I'm not trying to insult you or your beliefs here Mairi, but I think it's sad that a lot of religions still regard homosexuality illegal and against the 'laws' of the church.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 08:02:21 PM »

Oh, but I agree with you. I mean, the Bible has been translated and re-translated so many times, plus, a lot of stuff like slavery and homosexuality being wrong were just in there because of the time it was written. God is about love. And anyone who thinks that homosexuality is 'wrong' or 'evil' isn't acting very Christianly, IMO.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 10:49:27 PM »

totally agree, sadly its thinking like this that pushed me away from catholicism, although catholics range from extreme conservative to extreme liberal but this, coupled with a new pastor thats an absolute ass, made me rethink faith.

...I'm a heathen and proud!!!!
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 01:13:21 AM »

Well i've been brought up by Christian faith and I believe homosexuality is a sin. I will never accept homosexuality and will teach my children the same way.

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22).

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13).

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 02:29:08 AM »

ah, but cant you interpret that as lying as in telling a false statement to someone and not as in lying with someone of the same or opposite sex in terms of sex.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 03:48:02 AM »

It seems pretty clear to me.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 07:21:09 AM »

T, I respect your beliefs, but I'd rather have a peaceful homosexual than an agressive hetero. After all, it's all about love, isn't it?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 10:02:30 AM »

Hey, I agree with peace and coexist easy enough. I'm not out performing hate crimes or anything like that, its just my beliefs and opinions but I definately hear what your saying.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 10:30:59 AM »

Quote from: 373
Well i've been brought up by Christian faith and I believe homosexuality is a sin. I will never accept homosexuality and will teach my children the same way.

OK, this is a question I always ask people who think that homosexuality is a sin, and so far nobody has been able to give me a satisfying answer yet (and I've had this discussion many times since almost all of my colleagues are Muslims):

Imagine you would've been born as a woman, but your sexual interests would be the same as they are now. Which would mean you would be a lesbian. Would you then choose to ignore your true feelings and sleep with men because it would be 'the right thing to do'?

I believe nobody asks to be born as a homosexual. And as we all know, life is already a b**** as it is, so why would we make it harder for each other with senseless intolerance? Even if you don't commit hate crimes or anything, telling someone that being with the one he or she loves is a sin is in my opinion a horrible insult.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 12:05:20 PM »

Judge not lest ye be judged.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 06:58:16 PM »

if they havent done anything to you, i see no reason why you should p*ss them off. besides, they make smart looking clothes

and i respect any and all opinions here, just making my own
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 79 queries.