Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Imagine  (Read 5828 times)

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
Imagine
« on: September 03, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

If (and i know its a big if) the beatles had stayed together. What would there next album have been like? Imagine if they had wrote the same songs. There next album will have had songs from McCartney, Ram, Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, and the All Things Must Pass album. Surely if this had happened this would have been an all time classic album. It will have had songs like Maybe Im Amazed, Jealous Guy, Working Class Hero, and My Sweet Lord all on the same record.

I know its very hypothetical but what do you reckon the track listing to this fantacy album would have been. Say you pick 4 songs of each album, including 4 from each side of All Things must Pass, so John Paul and George both contributed 8 songs. It will have been a double album. If the this album was made by the beatles the songs will have probably been different because on the plastic ono songs for example, Mcartney and George Martin will have put on there own touches. So anyway, what songs would be on the fantacy 1971 beatles album.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
Re: Imagine
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 10:01:53 AM »

Hears Mine:-

1. Mother
2. Working Class Hero
3. Love
4. God
5. Imagine
6. Jealous Guy
7. Gimme Some Truth
8. Oh Yoko
9. The Lovely Linda
10. That Would Be Something
11. Teddy Boy
12. Maybe Im Amazed
13. Monkberry Moon Delight
14. Uncle Albert/ Admiral Halsey
15. Dear Boy
16. Back Seat Of My Car
17. My Sweet Lord
18. Wah Wah
19. Isnt It A Pity
20. If Not For You
21. All Things Must Pass
22. Apple Scrufs
23. Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)
24. Art Of Dying

What a killer!!!!! i didnt bother with trying to figure out the order of the tracks. Because its pointless. Even more pointless than this. The way i decided which tracks i picked was by thinking what tracks the beatles were most proud of. I think john will have wanted songs like god and imagine released over tracks like well well well or its so hard. Usually you can tell the filler on the albums. Although i've heard john say that he didnt like to have songs knocking around, he liked to release everything, but it dont matter. There were also the singles that were released. Such as Instant Karma, and didnt paul release some none album singles? I suppose before they released this album the beatles will have released a couple a singles. Imagine a double a side of Instant Karma and Give Peace a Chance, then this album coming out after it. It would have increased the beatles legacy even more.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 02:21:23 PM »

It would have been a hell of an album! Just great!
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 10:52:30 PM »

That WOULD be like the ultimate album. What a concept! But sadly, things were not meant to be and The Beatles broke up. Just think about the possibilites though...
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 09:39:39 AM »

maybe its better that they split when they did though. this imaginary album would have been there last gasp. then they will have most likely gone like the stones. at least by splitting in 1970 the beatles have the most consistant musical legacy that no band can beat.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 02:23:29 PM »

Yeah, and we must also think that they wouldn't have reached any number one immedaitely after breaking up. All would have gone to the Beatles last album, george got a number one with All Things Must Pass, JOHN with Imagine, etc, so, if all that were put into a Beatles album, what else was there for them as solo artists?

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 08:28:23 PM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1094203860,s=5 date=1094307809]
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 11:48:02 PM »

That wouldve been an awesome album, what do you think they would have called it, there last album was named after a paul song so maybe it wouldve been on of johns songs, Imagine, let it be and imagine right in a row two very similiar songs

Paul McCartney :)

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 03:38:08 AM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1094203860,s=7 date=1094341682]That wouldve been an awesome album, what do you think they would have called it, there last album was named after a paul song so maybe it wouldve been on of johns songs, Imagine, let it be and imagine right in a row two very similiar songs[/quote]

Imagine Ram Things Pass Blues

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 03:36:17 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1094203860,s=8 date=1094355488]

Imagine Ram Things Pass Blues

[/quote]

:) :) That's a very good title!!  ;)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 10:02:13 PM »

Haha

that is a very good title

Paul McCartney :)

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 08:36:36 AM »

i suppose if they were gonna call the album after one of the songs on it it would probaby have been imagine. Thats probably the song they will have been the most proud of. Lennon also used it as the title for his own album which shows he must have seen it as an important track.

Maybe by about the time of Sometime in New York City Lennon may have sort of lost it a bit. I think part of this is due to the fact that since his mother died when he was seventeen there had always been some sort of void in his life i think. Throughout the sixties and his twenties i think he was actually quite unhappy. This saddness i think inspired some of his best work such as Strawberry Fields and I Am The Walrus. When he met Yoko the void left by his mother was sort of filled a bit and he could no longer use it as inspiration, Thats why apart from politics nearly all his songs after 1972 are bout him and Yoko.

I think Mcartney may have lost it a bit because he wrote much better with Lennon than on his own. In the beatles Lennon had always kept McCatney from being to cheesy or corny. Without Lennon holding him back McCartney could go soaring up the cheese O metre and no one would stop him. Although both never stopped writing great things. Like Lennons walls and Bridges album, or MCcartney with flowers in the dirt.

HFleen

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 06:05:22 PM »

I'll take one right now, please!!!

Cool cool album!!!

;-)

HFleen
============================
www.thebeatlesforum.com
"Love, love me do..."

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 06:51:36 PM »

[quote by=Kiss_My_Bad_Self link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1094203860,s=11 date=1094459796]i suppose if they were gonna call the album after one of the songs on it it would probaby have been imagine. Thats probably the song they will have been the most proud of.[/quote]

I quite agree with this, and I also think this is the song they would have used as a single.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 11:57:54 AM »

That should be: Imagine Things Rams Must Pass!!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! ;D

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 01:13:59 AM »

1. It would have been the greatest album of all time!
2. The Beatles would have probably broken up after making such a zenith of an album!
- This tracklist was compiled meeting a December 1971 release date.
- Some great tracks would have been kept off because they were 'too offensive' to others in the band such as Wah Wah, How Do You Sleep?, Dear Freind. Though lyrics could have been changed w/ melodies still in place. However I left them out.
- Yes I'm probably crazy for taking so much time to do this Hope you like it

June single release: double A side Imagine/ Maybe I'm Amazed
  Sept single release:             A side My Sweet Lord/ Tommorow
  Dec   single release:            A side Happy (XMAS) War Is Over/ That Would Be Something

Mt. Everest
record 1
side 1:  Imagine/ What Is Life/ Too May People /Beware Of Darkness/ Give Me Some Truth
side 2:  Mother/ Maybe I'm Amazed/ My Sweet Lord/ Isolation/ Teddy Boy/ Working Class Hero/ I't Don't Come Easy

record 2
side 1:  Isn't A Pity/ Back Seat Of My Car/ Jealous Guy/ Let It Down/ Junk/ Love/ Wild Life
side 2:  How?/ Every Night/ All Things Must Pass/ Power To The People/ Uncle Albert Admiral Halsley

Feb single release: A side Isn't A Pity/ Working Class Hero
  May single release: double A side Uncle Albert Admiral Halsley/ Power To The People

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 75 queries.