Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paul Voted "Most Irritating Music Star"  (Read 4138 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: Paul Voted "Most Irritating Music Star"
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »

maybe its that he's just had his heart broken and also lost a small amount of his fortune to heather mills and the public all sympathized with him, then they see him with another young woman just after the settlement.

There probably like "when will he ever learn " and maybe slightly irritated by it ?

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 12:25:35 AM »

Ooh, I like your theory, Fendertele.

Of course, my opinion is worthless, as I can't even tell a valid source of annoyance from an important clue!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 03:56:03 AM »

Quote from: 1161
It was one of those online survey things, so....  ;D

Sir Paul McCartney Tops Most Irritating List By U.K. Music Website

May 9, 2008 7:52 a.m. EST
Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer

London, England (CNS) - Beatles star Sir Paul McCartney is the most irritating music star of all time, according to an online poll by a U.K. music website.

limey bastards
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »

Quote from: 758
There probably like "when will he ever learn " and maybe slightly irritated by it ?

My guess is that people are just sick of hearing about Paul's divorce and Heather's carrying on.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »

I think Paul keeping a respectful silence about his divorce as got up the media's nose , their irritated he has'nt dished the dirt to the press re Heather . To use the phrase "Holier than thou " is media code for " Give us dirt " (wink1)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 02:26:50 PM »

Quote from: 1161

My guess is that people are just sick of hearing about Paul's divorce and Heather's carrying on.

i know i am. its getting ridicolous now!
i think its taking away his credibility as a musician. :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 03:29:21 PM »

Quote from: 614

i know i am. its getting ridicolous now!
i think its taking away his credibility as a musician. :-/

It's lazy celebrity journalism that pleases bored writers and readers, but it'll be forgotten as soon as the crowd moves on to the next big rage of the moment. In the long run of Paul's career, I think the whole Heather business will be relegated to the status of minor post-Linda embarrassment. By that I mean I can imagine biographers taking a lot of interest in Jane and Linda, but not so much in Heather.  :)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »

Quote from: 971
To use the phrase "Holier than thou " is media code for " Give us dirt " (wink1)
Oh, how disgusting! That last thing I want to hear is two people moaning about each other. We all have better things to do.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »

but on the bright side bad publicity is still publicity, and probs worked out in favor for his album sales as before the whole divorce thing with heather he wasn't in the papers or public eye for a good while, so maybe it brought him to attention of a lot of youngsters.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »

Perhaps but... can youngsters relate to divorce? Isn't that an icky thing old people do?

Still, you're probably right. It's hard to see publicity is bad, if you rely on an audience to purchase your work.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

Quote from: 551
Perhaps but... can youngsters relate to divorce? Isn't that an icky thing old people do?

Still, you're probably right. It's hard to see publicity is bad, if you rely on an audience to purchase your work.

lol i never meant them relating to his divorce just that with him being in the paper all the time, kids would see him as a big deal in the same way that if jordan and peter andre constantly talk about themselves to the sun if they release a crappy single it would probably go to number one.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »

He couldn't irritate anyone! Please! That poll was just stupid.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 12:34:57 AM »

Harihead, I find your attitude towards divorce very condescending. My parents got a divorce when I was thirteen and it f***ing ripped me apart, especially since I was old enough to know exactly what was going on. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about divorce since I was caught right in the middle of one, and I'm very insulted by your comment. Adults aren't the only ones who suffer during a divorce, you know. You're an intelligent woman and I expect better from you.  
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 01:38:14 AM »

You're right, Mairi. That was terribly insensitive of me. Of course children are the big losers in a divorce situation.

I just wasn't thinking-- or was rather thinking as an adult who's been through it (and yeah, it's ugly enough even then). Please accept my deepest apologies. Please don't hesitate to speak out again if I commit such an offensive blunder.

Best wishes.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 03:48:33 PM »

You're right, Mairi. That was terribly insensitive of me. Of course children are the big losers in a divorce situation.

I just wasn't thinking-- or was rather thinking as an adult who's been through it (and yeah, it's ugly enough even then). Please accept my deepest apologies. Please don't hesitate to speak out again if I commit such an offensive blunder.

Best wishes.

i too grew up in a single parent family and went through the whole divorce thing, but what you typed harihead was not insensitive at all, i knew what you meant and you weren't implying that kids don't experience the pain of parents getting divorced just that they dont relate with the feeling of actually getting divorced.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »

What I was thinking was "would young people be annoyed enough about Paul's divorce to vote for him as most irritating pop star"? Perhaps they would. I don't think I was necessarily being fair to young people, either! Certainly the ones hurt by divorce would not be likely to find Paul "irritating" because he's going through one.

However, I perfectly understand Mairi being quite surprised if she came her to relax and found this inadvertent hot button pushed in her face. So I'm glad she said something.

Back to the topic, I think your theory "just that with him being in the paper all the time" is probably sound. I don't like pop stars or celebrities who seem to be trying to be in the news all the time, so I can see someone being irritated on that basis (even though I'm sure Paul is not trying to capitalize on his divorce trauma). Cheers.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 10:13:59 PM »

What I was thinking was "would young people be annoyed enough about Paul's divorce to vote for him as most irritating pop star"? Perhaps they would. I don't think I was necessarily being fair to young people, either! Certainly the ones hurt by divorce would not be likely to find Paul "irritating" because he's going through one.

However, I perfectly understand Mairi being quite surprised if she came her to relax and found this inadvertent hot button pushed in her face. So I'm glad she said something.

Back to the topic, I think your theory "just that with him being in the paper all the time" is probably sound. I don't like pop stars or celebrities who seem to be trying to be in the news all the time, so I can see someone being irritated on that basis (even though I'm sure Paul is not trying to capitalize on his divorce trauma). Cheers.

no sorry i think you've misread my first post hari i wasn't saying that i thought the kids would be annoyed by his divorce, in my first post i mentioned that due to his heart being broken that a lot of folks, felt a great deal of sympathy for him but then when they seen him with another young woman so soon afterwards that they maybe got slightly irritated by him as if to say not again.

i mentioned the children in the next post about how even though his divorce was not very good that any publicity when you're famous is good even if it is about something bad and that it probably brought to the attention of a lot of children who maybe hadn't heard of him, and as you know if something or someone is always on the tv ( like a big brother contestant for example) they could realise a fitness dvd and it will sell just because of there famous face.

maybe its that he's just had his heart broken and also lost a small amount of his fortune to heather mills and the public all sympathized with him, then they see him with another young woman just after the settlement.

but on the bright side bad publicity is still publicity, and probs worked out in favor for his album sales as before the whole divorce thing with heather he wasn't in the papers or public eye for a good while, so maybe it brought him to attention of a lot of youngsters.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 12:01:12 AM »

It's okay, harihead. I was probably overreacting, but as you said it is a bit of a "hot button" for me. Thanks for clarifying what you meant.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Out Of Me Head

• A Beginning
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

All the fabs have irritated me at some time or other

Paul - Marrying Heather, general control freakery ie the idea that being in charge of everything would make Give My Regards To Broad Street a good film
George - General God-bothering
John - His parent of the century stuff with Sean whilst ignoring Julian for years on end
Ringo - Playing the Pope in Liztomania

But then they do make up for it with stuff like

Paul - Not sending his kids to a snotty school and calling David Blane a dick
George - Handmade Films
John - Calling Liverpool's premiere songbird "Cyril Black"
Ringo - Hating drum solos
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 83 queries.