Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Reaction videos on youtube  (Read 1510 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Reaction videos on youtube
« on: January 02, 2022, 12:06:52 AM »

so in my normal daily routine on youtube I watch two college age guys reaction videos, alex and andy.  (youtube search alex and andy reaction)

They review all kinds of classic rock/pop music they haven't heard before.

They also have a patreon (pay) site and they do full album reviews, they released their review of Rubber soul today. 
Watching their glee listening to the whole album , song after song is cool

So, while watching them go crazy over the album I was thinking (again) how utterly amazing it is , songs on this album are not making my top 100.  Some songs on this album are between 50-100.  Some of those "lower" ranked songs by me would be amazing one hit wonders if released by some other group in the 60's, or near the top of their catalogue and them may be the 8th best song on Rubber Soul (for example).

Wow.  Fun re- realizing how incredibly deep their catalogue is.  Groups (not going to...oh hell, the Stones and others) that have put out a large multiple (3x, 4x?) number of songs over the 50 years of staying together and making music have catalogues that pale in comparison...amazing

if a rant is done in joy, is it a rant?  Anyway, rant over :)  Happy new year

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Reaction videos on youtube
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 04:13:00 AM »

If a rant is done in joy, is it a rant?  Anyway, rant over :)  Happy new year

Well, I enjoyed that rant.  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 01:48:43 AM by Normandie »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 01:55:50 PM »

I watch Andy and Alex too but i'm not paying for their patreon channel.  Their rewiews are ok, but they never dwelve deep enough for me.  They get caught up on bands like Fleetwood Mac and Steely Dan and go way to heavy on them for periods of time.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 01:01:49 PM »

I actually went ahead and signed up for their patreon channel and it was funny watching them shaking their heads in disbelief when they listened to the Sgt. Peppers album.  It was also funny watching them wanting to kill themselves while listening to Revolution #9 during the White album. 

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 01:38:03 PM »

I actually went ahead and signed up for their patreon channel and it was funny watching them shaking their heads in disbelief when they listened to the Sgt. Peppers album.  It was also funny watching them wanting to kill themselves while listening to Revolution #9 during the White album.

yeah, I felt that them listening is one reaction, one without proper context, maybe that is good maybe not good.  Then it must be interesting to see how they react when they read comments and learn the context that way.

The rubber soul one - they are amazed at each track, it brings to light how music today has no connectivity, no album context and songs just are listened to much more as a single vs the album concept in the past.  They really commented and could feel how the songs connected to each other and the purposeful change in tempo in how the songs were placed.  Fun.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 05:26:49 PM »

The rubber soul one - they are amazed at each track, it brings to light how music today has no connectivity, no album context and songs just are listened to much more as a single vs the album concept in the past.  They really commented and could feel how the songs connected to each other and the purposeful change in tempo in how the songs were placed.  Fun.

This is an interesting concept. I watched their reaction to "Octopus's Garden" and will track down more when I have more time.

It was also funny watching them wanting to kill themselves while listening to Revolution #9 during the White album.

ha2ha  Now that would definitely be worth tracking down. I'm trying to recall my own reaction when I heard it for the first time.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 12:02:19 AM »

ha2ha  Now that would definitely be worth tracking down. I'm trying to recall my own reaction when I heard it for the first time.

I remember when I heard Revolution #9 for the first time.  I waited on line outside Macy's in NYC to be one of the first ones in the day the White Album first went on sale.  I went back to my dorm room and listened to the entire album along with some buddies.  We knew about the backward lyrics at the end of Rain and we figured it would be a good idea to play Revolution #9 in reverse so I disconnected the drive belt on my turntable and spun the track in reverse.  Yeah, we were discovering "clues" but we didn't call them that.  We just remarked things like "Well, I guess Paul is dead."

I gave my copy of the White Album away to a girl I was seeing a year later.  Her name was Nancy and I remember singing some of the lyrics of Rocky Raccoon to her as I gave her the album, you know "her name was Magill and she called herself Lil but everyone knew her as Nancy."

I'm sure that the copy of the White Album I gave her had a very low serial number embossed on the cover and is worth a lot today.  I hope she still has it.   :)
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 02:55:34 AM »

Let's go back to teenagers' reactions to Strawberry Fields Forever in 1967 on American Bandstand...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-keBliZndQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-keBliZndQ</a>

Only one fellow in that group had a functioning mind.  0:43

The others had brains wired for dancing only.
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.572 seconds with 53 queries.