Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lonnie Donegan and his Skiffle Group  (Read 707 times)

Bobber

Lonnie Donegan and his Skiffle Group
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:11:55 PM »

I've posted a clip of Lonnie Donegan and his group on my podcast, mainly because skiffle and Lonnie Donegan in particular was a major influence on The Beatles. Click on the image to start Puttin' On The Style, which The Quarrymen played on the day that John and Paul met. Well, at least that's what the legends tell us.

I was surprised and amazed to get this comment (and I hope he won't mind for making this known the this board):

Mark Goodwin said:

Great clip thank you for sharing. Les Bennetts on guitar, sadly passed on 1999, Nick Nicholls on Tambourine , Peter Hugget on Bass also no longer with us. I took over from Nic 6 years in '68. Seeing this clip just brings all the fun and chaos back to me with a big grin. When I was in the band Pete was our tour manager and he was just great. Les was a legend, they broke the mould Before they made him!

I miss them all so much.

Mark

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Lonnie Donegan and his Skiffle Group
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:36:30 PM »

Blimey! That was nice of him to contact you! My Dad is a huge Lonnie fan (not his "Chewing Gum..." novelty phase though). He loves his post Chris Barber phase and especially the songs he recorded with Ottilie Patterson.

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 35 queries.