Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ringo Starr Refuses To Appear On His Own Website  (Read 6379 times)

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
Ringo Starr Refuses To Appear On His Own Website
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:10:31 AM »

London, England (BANG) - Ringo Starr has refused to appear on his own website since declaring he would no longer sign autographs. The 68-year-old former Beatles star faced a public backlash after controversially announcing on his website he was stopping signing his name for fans last October.

Since the incident - which Ringo insists was misinterpreted - he has canceled his regular video messages and updates in an internet blackout.

A source close to the drummer said: "Ringo used to enjoy telling fans about his plans, but he was pretty shocked by the hostility he faced over the autograph thing."

"As a result he's reluctant to appear on the website again."

In Ringo's original video message to fans he said: "I'm warning you with peace and love. I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you."

"And no objects to be signed. Nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love."

A statement was issued days later saying the remarks were in response to signed items being sold in internet auctions and people repeatedly sending cards and records to be signed.

While Ringo has not spoken publicly about the matter, former bandmate Sir Paul McCartney has defended his stance, praising him for speaking his mind.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013650484
---
Oh no! I have to sing to him, now.
Dear Ringo. Won't you come out to play?
Dear Ringo. Greet the brand new day!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Ringo Starr Refuses To Appear On His Own Website
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:23:34 AM »

truly an awesome post by a caring and concerned person...ringo better send you an autograph  ;)
i can understand him not wanting to send it to just everyone because it might wind up on the internet for sale...but if he keeps giving it out,then eventually they will be worth less and less....so he should sign more and more...right? :X

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:37:36 PM »

Out of respect for Ringo, i've decided that i'm not going to sign anymore fanmail either, so dont bother sending me anything else.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 12:33:36 AM »

Honestly, I just feel sorry for Ringo.  His video was a bit harsh but I don't think he meant any harm.  :(  I don't want him to think his fans hate him.  I don't.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »

Quote from: 1620
Honestly, I just feel sorry for Ringo.  His video was a bit harsh but I don't think he meant any harm.  :(  I don't want him to think his fans hate him.  I don't.

you are a wise woman...here faith grants you a link....http://welcome.to/ringoworld

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 01:51:48 AM »

Quote from: 284
truly an awesome post by a caring and concerned person...ringo better send you an autograph  ;)

You know what? You're so right.

But Ringo has signed enough autographs, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure after all of the drumming and the signing stuff as well as aging would be hard on his hand. And then, people are freaking out saying that he's evil and using him to get money? What kind of world is this?

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 02:58:24 AM »

Seriouly i love Ringo but he should just sign the autographs and do the web videos, it all seems a little attention seeking imo, but i could be wrong, his last album wasnt too great and Paul is getting a new lease of life and is always getting loads of media attention.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »

Quote from: 284
you are a wise woman...here faith grants you a link....http://welcome.to/ringoworld

You're sweet, thanks! :)

Quote from: 1301
I mean, I'm pretty sure after all of the drumming and the signing stuff as well as aging would be hard on his hand.

I totally agree.

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »

ringo is right. he doesnt owe us anything.
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »

Quote from: 1789
ringo is right. he doesnt owe us anything.

yeah he doesnt owe us anything but if he is wanting to sell records and put bums on seats at his concert he is going the wrong way about it, unless he thinks this kind of publicity might help a little?.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 04:46:14 PM »

This is bloody silly. Leave the man in peace. He has nothing to prove, and no more loyalty to show.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »

Quote from: 1301
A source close to the drummer said: "Ringo used to enjoy telling fans about his plans, but he was pretty shocked by the hostility he faced over the autograph thing."

------

A statement was issued days later saying the remarks were in response to signed items being sold in internet auctions and people repeatedly sending cards and records to be signed.

There's the story in a nutshell: he got tired of signing things that went straight to eBay for auction, and when he refused to sign any more he got a load of "outrage" thrown in his face by moralizing twits who think Ringo owes them something. No wonder the man's fed up.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 10:09:06 PM »

Ringo is a public man, loved by a lot of people, who are his fans. He should think what he says and how he says it. In this case most people are not outraged but disappointed. Those who sell at auction know why he did it, so there`s nothing to explain to them. These are not true fans and he owes them nothing. But the other half deserve a better attitude, they are fans and he does owe them something, at least kind words. And unfortunately now they believe that Ringo has "betrayed" them. That`s why he should have been softer with them in his choice of words.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 01:08:31 AM »

He would have better off never saying anything, just stop signing stuff.  I am sure artists do it all the time.  
<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 01:13:50 AM »

Quote from: 1204
He would have better off never saying anything, just stop signing stuff.  I am sure artists do it all the time.  

yeah thats what i thought, just stop signing things and no one will no any different.Thats why it seemed to me as of it was for media attention, plus all this is going to do is make people want to send him more even folk who wouldnt have sent anything in the first place, another ploy ?

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 01:44:12 AM »

I understand where you'd think that not signing things quietly would be fine, but if you think about it, Ringo's been around for a long time. If he stopped, I feel that there would've been a group of people who would keep pestering him for an autograph to a point that Ringo would have had an extremely mean video. Do I think it's possible for Ringo to be that mean? In all honesty, no, but with all of the pressure, he sure could pop anytime now.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:45 AM »

True but he doesn't owe anyone anything.  If someone says I'm not a RInog fan anymore because he won't sign things, then they weren't a fan anyways.  Give the man a break he's been bothered and signing stuff for most of his life.  His mistake is one, even making such an announcement, and then when he made the announcement, he came off harsh.
<br />

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 01:30:40 AM »

^True, but I don't think he was trying to be harsh. He wanted to make a statement and it came off the wrong way.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

popaloptop

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »

And he's back on his website again! I'm glad to see him happy and well :)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »

Oh, good!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 1.56 seconds with 84 queries.