Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How fat did Paul get?  (Read 1604 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
How fat did Paul get?
« on: October 05, 2019, 11:20:06 AM »

Remember there was a time when Paul started getting kind of chubby?  He looks somewhat fat-faced in the video I posted for "Two of Us" in the Songs forum.  His nose barely sticks out in his profile shots in that video.

I'm just wondering how fat he actually got before he went back on a diet.

While I'm at it, did any of the other Beatles become overweight at any point in their careers?  I know John said something about not wanting to get fat like Elvis did.

I thought John looked anorexic on the Double Fantasy album cover.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Bulldog

• A Beginning
Re: How fat did Paul get?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:53:22 AM »

Yoko Ono said John deliberately & successfully tried to lose 20 pounds in the late 70's. Although he was already slim. Fred Seaman said John was 140 pounds/10 stone. Which is very light for someone of his height.

John went on a bit of health kick in the late 70's with his eating. He said he smoked pot but didn't go looking for it. He was still a heavy smoker.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:12:13 PM »

I suppose Linda had a lot to do with changing Paul's eating habits.  I think he was depressed around Let it Be and I know personally that depression can lead to poor eating habits, especially eating too much, even when you're not hungry.

I'm interested in this topic because I've lost a bunch of weight in the last year and I'm trying to keep it off.  I get depressed a lot so it's an ongoing uphill battle for me.

But, I'm never have a Linda McCartney in my life so I'm sadly on my own.  And I can't do vegan; I've tried.

I'm basically a carnivore who also enjoys lots of refined sugar in his diet.  Yep.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 08:08:52 PM »

Don't believe Paul was ever fat. He had a beard for a period which was a change. He was moving into his late 20's during 'Let it Be'. A time when men are naturally bigger than they were in their eatly 20's.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 41 queries.