Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Let It Be  (Read 1131 times)

Man On Flaming Pie

• One And One Is Two
Let It Be
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:11:25 AM »

As I have heard, the album Let It Be was supposed to be a live album because there weren't supposed to be any overdubs. I know on Let It Be and The Long And Winding Road that Paul plays the piano, Billy Preston played keyboards or what ever, but on those two songs who is playing the bass if there are no overdubs?
A man on a flaming pie said you are now the Beatles with an A and you are. "Thank you Mister Man," said the boys.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Re: Let It Be
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 06:12:56 AM »

through the magic of Mr Spector

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 08:57:30 AM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
through the magic of Mr Spector

Ar, no. You can't blame Spector for everything. John Lennon plays bass on LAWR, for example. And played it at the time, not as a later overdub.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 08:58:39 AM »

And I just looked it up: he played bass on Let It Be, too!

Man On Flaming Pie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 05:58:55 PM »

I'm talking ALSO about the Let It Be Naked Album, where they took out those Spector overdubs. And when I watch the videos of LAWR on the Beatles Anthology, John and George are both playing guitar Paul played the piano. It was in that video without any overdubs, you know, as you can actually hear the piano. And they do on LIB, too.
A man on a flaming pie said you are now the Beatles with an A and you are. "Thank you Mister Man," said the boys.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 08:53:38 PM »

You are aware, I presume, that NOT all Spector fiddlings were removed for LIBN? You are aware that there were NEW fiddlings for LIBN?

Let It Be Naked: a blot on the Beatles landscape.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 01:59:14 AM »

Quote from: Man_On_Flaming_Pie
I'm talking ALSO about the Let It Be Naked Album, where they took out those Spector overdubs. And when I watch the videos of LAWR on the Beatles Anthology, John and George are both playing guitar Paul played the piano. It was in that video without any overdubs, you know, as you can actually hear the piano. And they do on LIB, too.

I saw the movie -- I'm pretty sure he's playing bass.  When the bass plays a note, John strikes a note.  More proof here:

http://www.beatles-discography.com/beatles-albums.html

Go to Let It Be and LAWR to show who played what.  It's not an overdub -- it's John.

flux

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 10:42:03 PM »

John's bass playing was nothing more than rudimentary exercises. Paul's songs deserved better. Paul always played awesome bass on John and George's songs 9 ie. Come Together, Don't Let Me Down, Taxman  to cite a few examples ). John hated the song Let It Be, which is probably why he gave little effort.

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 10:43:41 PM »

Quote from: flux
John's bass playing was nothing more than rudimentary exercises. Paul's songs deserved better. Paul always played awesome bass on John and George's songs 9 ie. Come Together, Don't Let Me Down, Taxman

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 53 queries.