Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Buddy Rich  (Read 997 times)

Buddy Rich
« on: December 30, 2008, 01:48:04 AM »

so and where's jazz lovers here? anyone? I'm not either, but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN just look at his technics and speed. WoWie

solo from 1970
2X3meL51Dkg

stick trick solo...
wgaD54YcXpA

his last appearance in 1987 (he was eighty years old in this video, kinda impressive)
aJxOnZQOgEk

...oh and this one, a battle with another amazing jazz drummer Gene Krupa in 1966, just look at Sammy Davis JR. HAHAHAHA
dwJAAlXomVk

Norwegian Wood...
8tZa_jcnZRE

btw does anyone remember this quote by Buddy about Ringo? probably not, but it's kinda interesting...
"Ringo Starr was adequate. No more than that." (Speaking Words of Wisdom by Spencer Leigh [Leigh's note: "Buddy Rich's opinions were as forceful as his drumming. So don't be dismayed, Ringo, he paying you a compliment."])
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Buddy Rich
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:57:19 AM »

I'm a drummer 94, and Buddy Rich is God in that field. I dont care if people say somebodys better,,,,,,their wrong.

He was the best and you can end the thread with this if you so desire. There is no dispute so dont try.

(Thats how much respect i have for him regardless of how big an a**hole he was)

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 02:08:36 AM »

Quote from: 373
I'm a drummer 94, and Buddy Rich is God in that field. I dont care if people say somebodys better,,,,,,their wrong.

He was the best and you can end the thread with this if you so desire. There is no dispute so dont try.

(Thats how much respect i have for him regardless of how big an a**hole he was)

no no no I will not end this thread, I'm not a drummer, but I really like his playing even if I don't like the genre he played (jazz). I think Buddy was unique and very influential drummer, even for rock'n'roll music too  :)

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »

^  Well if you think about it, rock music as we know it, is just an extension of jazz and blues.  I like jazz but I don't really go out and buy album upon album.  Actually, I've been through a few jazz bars/clubs with school trips to Montreal and Chicago.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 11:32:59 PM »

Love Buddy Rich!!!!  I remember back in the 70's I'd stay up late at night to watch Johnny Carson everytime Buddy was on there.

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 48 queries.