Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I used to wish I could meet Paul  (Read 2498 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
I used to wish I could meet Paul
« on: September 21, 2020, 01:45:05 PM »

I did for a long time.  It was a fantasy of mine to actually meet and talk with Paul in person.  Trouble is I never could figure out what we'd talk about.  What could you possibly say to a guy like that?  I would have to seem completely boring and uninteresting to him.  Heck, I'm boring and uninteresting even to myself!!  I think Paul's the only Beatle I'd want to meet.  I would have no clue as what to say to John Lennon.  But I feel like Paul would be more accessible somehow.  Maybe we could find some common ground conversation wise.  I don't think Paul is interested in you saying to him something like:  "Love your music/album, Paul."  Think of the zillions of compliments he's already received in his life time.  He probably takes those for granted, I'm sure.  Oh well.  I'll never meet him anyway.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
Re: I used to wish I could meet Paul
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:35:48 PM »

I wonder how much people would pay to meet Paul.  Would anyone pay a million dollars?  What do you think?

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »

I’m like you Loco. I’d have no idea what to say. Beyond love your work or something equally banal.

As for paying, don’t his concerts have some extra expensive premium package where you do get to meet him. Not one on one but in a smaller group?

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:20:08 PM »

Moog:  I think you're right about premium packages which would include a meeting with Paul backstage.  I know other artists have this.  I also have read that artists don't necessarily like doing this but it's a strategy that's resulted from the lack of record sales that has spurred artists to have to sell and market themselves more aggressively to their fan base.  They pretty much rely on concert income now so they have to put themselves out there to keep the fans engaged and interested in them.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 06:31:43 AM »

Yes. Im pretty sure he had some premium gold ticket like that. Although you’d probably be in there with fifty or more people. Not quite an intimate Macca chat.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 11:22:13 AM »

I had a dream a few years back that I had won a contest and could have Paul come play for upwards to 10 people of my choice and limited number of songs, I forget, something like 20.  Some choices were obvious but the dream became about the last few spots of people, who they would be, feelings hurt etc.

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 04:44:40 PM »

If I had an opportunity to speak with Paul one-to-one, I would of course tell him I enjoy his work, but I would also ask him what’s currently on his mind and also chat about our mutual love of early rock-n-roll and specific artists, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, etc.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 05:44:10 PM »

I think I'd ask Paul if he's ever been visited by John Lennon's ghost or if he's had any weird experiences in that regard.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »

Moog:  I think you're right about premium packages which would include a meeting with Paul backstage.  I know other artists have this.  I also have read that artists don't necessarily like doing this but it's a strategy that's resulted from the lack of record sales that has spurred artists to have to sell and market themselves more aggressively to their fan base.  They pretty much rely on concert income now so they have to put themselves out there to keep the fans engaged and interested in them.

Thats not my understanding Loco.
Im sure I read recently that George's widow gets many millions a year from the likes of Spotify, Apple music, Amazon music etc..

Anyway if I met Paul id have lots to ask him..........like who did the Ahhhs in ADITL  ha2ha

No seriously Id ask him about his Bass guitars, why he stopped using the Rick Bass, and the Fender. who is his favourite Bass player, Whats his favourite amp...Does he still go to the farm in Scotland, stuff like that.

I know one thing, if theres anyones life I could chosse to live, it would be Pauls.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 01:40:57 AM »

I know one thing, if theres anyones life I could chosse to live, it would be Pauls.

pretty good choice  ;yes, but I would miss a good hamburger
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 01:44:01 AM by blmeanie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 04:31:08 AM »

Anyway if I met Paul id have lots to ask him..........like who did the Ahhhs in ADITL  ha2ha

Well here's another clue for you all...It wasn't Paul, nor John for that matter.  It was...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SSR3YY-rc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6SSR3YY-rc</a>

6:33

...Neil Young!    ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 07:19:02 AM »

icon_good
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 08:03:29 AM »

pretty good choice  ;yes, but I would miss a good hamburger

Yes not sure I could handle all the dope and vegetarianism.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 03:39:43 AM »

Now that I re-think it, it probably would be a waste of time for me to meet God Paul.  Let it be.  Paul has a unique place in the Universe.  It's a place that can't be shared with anyone, IMO.

Page created in 1.048 seconds with 69 queries.