Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tea or Coffee or Both ?  (Read 2380 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Tea or Coffee or Both ?
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »

Quote from: 971

I'm having a pint of Cider Andy , not drunk this for ages it's a lovely summer drink

(beer)

I'm a bit of a cider drinker in the summer. They sell Magners in bottles here, and Crowmoor on draught.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 04:00:03 PM »

Here's one for any herbal tea enthusiasts here. I suffer from pretty bad heartburn from time to time. Is there a herbal tea remedy out there?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »

Quote from: 483
Here's one for any herbal tea enthusiasts here. I suffer from pretty bad heartburn from time to time. Is there a herbal tea remedy out there?

Chamomile or peppermint tea. I'm sure there are others, but those are the two I've always heard help.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »

Quote from: 216
Hmm, you were in Mexico drinking American coffee and it tasted odd? Now I wonder how that could be? Certainly nothing wrong with the water there or anything.  ;)

No, it wasn't the water (good hotels and restaurants in Mexico use bottled water for coffee and we had a tour guide who knew where to go and where not to go). I guess we're just used to stronger coffee. Every time I had coffee that was listed on the menu as 'American coffee', it tasted to me like they'd re-used a second hand filter or like they'd made two cups with a Senseo machine with just one coffee pad.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 05:53:25 PM »

Aww, I was only just kidding about the water thing. The smile faces don't always seem to work out for me.  :B

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »

I still believe in my coffee.  But I'm a sucker for iced "sweet tea"........

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 06:32:51 PM »

Quote from: 483

Fennel or caraway in addition to Sandras.
Not a tea, but a glass of water with a spoon of Natron usually helps. But it tastes terrrible.
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »

Quote from: 216
Aww, I was only just kidding about the water thing. The smile faces don't always seem to work out for me.  :B

Ah... Haha... Sorry. But that definately is an issue when you're in Mexico... You always ask... "You're sure this is washed/made with bottled water, right?"... And of course they always say "Yes"... But last May when I was in Mexico, I've spend one day in my hotel room feeling really sick... And that was the first time in 20 years that I've been sick... So probably I did eat or drink something that wasn't OK...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 50 queries.