Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Let's hear it for...  (Read 1211 times)

BlueMeanie

Let's hear it for...
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »

Whilst doing the Song Survivor Game, I realised that there were quite a few songs that I had not really paid much attention to over the years. And judging by the results, not many others had either.

Running the SSG gave me a chance to listen to these again, and I was surprised at how much I liked them now. I had a sort of epiphany with some of them! So here's my album of unsung hero's. (Can you say that about a song?)

01. Baby It's You (Please Please Me)
02. Ask Me Why (Please Please Me)
03. All I've Got To Do (With The Beatles)
04. Little Child (With The Beatles)
05. Devil In Her Heart (With The Beatles)
06. Not A Second Time (With The Beatles)
07. I'll Get You (Single B-Side)
08. Every Little Thing (Beatles For Sale)
09. What You're Doing (Beatles For Sale)
10. Slow Down (Long Tall Sally EP)
11. Leave My Kitten Alone (Out-take from Beatles For Sale)
12. Bad Boy (Past Masters Vol One)
13. If You've Got Trouble (Out-take from Help!)
14. Wait (Rubber Soul)
15. Blue Jay Way (Magical Mystery Tour EP)
16. It's All Too Much (Yellow Submarine)
17. Don't Pass Me By (The Beatles)
18. Revolution 9 (The Beatles)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Let's hear it for...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »

See, I can't do this test. I'm such a new fan, I heard most of these songs only within the last few months. So I don't have any old favorites, just lots and lots of songs that I like, some that I don't like as much, and just half a dozen or so that really give me hives.

Having said that, I was playing BFS the other day, and "Every Little Thing" is just too fun for words. I keep singing it, particularly the ba-BOOM part. I remember "No Reply" and "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party" from my youth, so it's fun to realize how many years they were taking up brain space before I really appreciated who had authored them. I've heard a lot of these songs over the years, but I'm only now starting to appreciate them as a body of work. And what a body! (You can take that last statement however you like it.) :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »

im just about to go out now but ill definitely be doing this when i get back as it not only made me listen to songs i had forgotten but also songs i just never gave a chance too skipping them on there intro's.

hold me tight for example.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »

Having grown up with them, and had the records for so many years, you end up not playing the whole album, but just picking out your favourites. After some years you just forget them. It's like discovering new Beatles songs!

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 01:59:51 PM »

I must say that I use(d) to play albums complete. So including songs I didn't like (like Mr Moonlight). Of course, every song hides a secret of feelings and all that, but there is not a single song that has not got my attention over the years. Even tho there were/are songs I like less, I still listen to it and try to discover what the inner meaning of the song is.

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »

Lately I've been listening a lot to Devil in her heart lately.  But the intesting thing about The Beatles is that when you hear a song again after a long time you start to like it again.  Recently I added Devil in her heart to my iPod.    ;D
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 44 queries.