Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatles Video Game  (Read 2536 times)

mclen57

• A Beginning
Beatles Video Game
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »

Please add your ideas to what this game should have in it . .. .

I think it's important that the video game is stylised after the cartoon images of them from Magical Mystery Tour, and NOT Yellow Submarine.

The Abbey Road 1968 Level:

Level where you have to thwart Paul from taking over the band.

... and one of the Bosses is Yoko Ono as you try and remove her bed from the Studio as she comes at you with scissors trying to snip your clothes off, and a camera trying to film your butt, all the while screaming avant gardely. Your only weapons are guitar picks, but if you're playing as Ringo, and you've succeeded in thwarting Paul a level back, you have drumsticks at your command.

John remains trapped in a duffel bag full of Orange Peels as you slowly run out of picks.

Bonus Points Levels are trying to get them across the Abbey Road crossing as various brightly colored Volkswagon Beetles zoom by. This is up to 4 players of course, but you can tackle it as 1 player.

Another level is the Rishikesh Level. This is where you play as either John or Paul trying to discover the answer. George cannot be played during this level, as he was just there for the food. If you are Ringo, you are armed with Heinz Baked Beans cans. The end Boss is the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, floating in yoga position hurling paneer pakora's at you that explode. Each one that hits you gives you the runs, which depletes your energy levels.

If you go in as John or Paul, you are only armed with an acoustic guitar which can be used as a 'swinging weapon'. If you win, you get to write Sexy Sadie -----ing about the whole thing, or Blackbird and say it was about Equal Rights.

George returns to roll his eyes at the end of the level if you succeed.

...And the last stage of the video game is a bunch of law suits against EMI. You don't actually press many buttons over the 30+ years it takes to complete the stage, and rumor has it (supplied by hackers who extracted the video) the ending is just the promo video for Rain... played backwards.

Henry the Horse

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Beatles Video Game
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:11:17 PM »

Hahaha! That was pretty funny. If they did come out with a Beatles video game though, I would get hooked on it soooo fast.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »

Hilarious, ... the best level: the Rishikesh one with John or Paul trying to discover the answer and George just there for the food returning to roll his eyes at the end of the level if you succeed.

Let's play again!  :D

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:28:31 PM »

The Sgt Pepper sessions level would start off with you successfully bringing the 2 takes of Strawberry Fields down to the proper speeds for mixing. A virtual George Martin would be provided with an entire console. Hit the wrong button or mix with speeds out of synch and you start all over again.

Then you would move on to where you have to prevent John from jumping off the Abbey Road Studios rooftop during his LSD trip. Difficulty levels would be set with various LSD dosages. If you lose and John jumps off then you have to listen to Pepper with all of John's parts edited out.
Henry the Horse

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 10:35:14 PM »

Quote from: mclen57
The Sgt Pepper sessions level ... If you lose and John jumps off then you have to listen to Pepper with all of John's parts edited out.

And then the 'Aaah's of A Day In The Life will be sang ONLY by Paul!  :D

Amazing levels!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 10:36:03 PM »

What about the early years and The Guys with Pete instead of Ringo? Or Stu in the band?  ??)

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 12:43:38 AM »

The Hamburg Level: You have the Beatles playing the Star Club while Ringo and Rory Storm are playing at the Kaiserkellar. You have to successfully unseat Ringo from his drum throne and get him through the gritty streets of Hamburg dodging hookers and sailors to the Star Club where you can steer him to Pete's drum kit keeping the Best groupies off of Ringo by using John, Paul and George. Once that is done, you have a fist fight between Ringo and Pete as to who takes over.

You lose and you have to listen to all the Decca and Tony Sheridan recordings. You win, you move on to Beatlemania.
Henry the Horse

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 12:52:56 AM »

Wow. This is really good! You should try selling this to a video-game company. Nintendo, I think. We need an old-school Mario Bros. vibe.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 12:59:32 AM »

hahaha, yea, unfortunately the gameplay is so basic that it would only appeal to non-gamers and collectors. great idea though, unfortuanately its like 9 years too late to actually make it to consoles. try getting a flash game writer do it and post it on something like www.miniclip.com
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 01:14:05 AM »

How 'bout a catfight between Cynthia and Yoko?
Henry the Horse

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:08 AM »

Are you winston o'boogie, mclen, or did you just steal the idea?

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Are you winston o'boogie, mclen, or did you just steal the idea?
Ah, a fellow Shabby Roader here! Yeah, I'm him. So you blew my cover. I don't dabble over there as much as I do here though. Who are you over there?

Henry the Horse

Bobber

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 01:25:44 PM »

Always the same. I have a look there every now and then. I prefer this forum by a mile.

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Always the same. I have a look there every now and then. I prefer this forum by a mile.
Yeah, we got a more seasoned crowd here. They're mostly teenagers there, which is fine. I just love seeing the Beatles being popular with today's kids. And they're a nice group of kids there too.

Henry the Horse

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 01:36:45 PM »

Quote from: mclen57
Yeah, we got a more seasoned crowd here. They're mostly teenagers there, which is fine. I just love seeing the Beatles being popular with today's kids. And they're a nice group of kids there too.

True. Anyway, good topic. Always a possibility of George and John being stoned all the time, Paul getting after the money, Allen Klein smashing everybody's face in, Beatles being chasen be thousands of screaming schoolgirls, and other stereotypes. As fans are willing to buy almost everything Beatles-related, there might be a producer interested in such a game.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:59 PM »

1966 Concert World Tour level: get the Beatles safely from their Manila hotel through city streets filled with offended, violent Filipinos with minimal security -- you could play the part of their driver, maneuvering through the perilous city streets a la Grand Theft Auto, until the band is deposited safely at the airport.

Then, while touring the U.S., more of the same, except this time you're avoiding the irate Christians.

Seriously, a Beatles version of Guitar Hero would be awesome!

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »

Quote from: 1333
1966 Concert World Tour level: get the Beatles safely from their Manila hotel through city streets filled with offended, violent Filipinos with minimal security -- you could play the part of their driver, maneuvering through the perilous city streets a la Grand Theft Auto, until the band is deposited safely at the airport...

Not all Filipinos are violent. I hope you know that!!!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »

Oh. And there should be a 1965 Ticket To Ride bonus level. You have to drive a vehicle all around Liverpool to pick up the boys, who are in different places. You have to pick them up and get them to the airport as fast as you can to get to Shea. If you pass, on to Shea. If you don't, Ringo gets attacked by the people in the cult in the Help! movie.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

Quote from: 1301

Not all Filipinos are violent. I hope you know that!!!

Don't tell me, tell the Beatles!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »

How about you have to avoid getting shot by Phil Spector in the studio?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.437 seconds with 81 queries.