Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music  (Read 2388 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2022, 01:41:23 AM »

I read that Neil had Polio as a child and went through some horrible hospital treatments, had to learn to walk again afterwards, this was a few years before a vaccine was developed.

Joni Mitchell had polio as a child too leaving her left hand permanently weak.  She developed over 52 guitar tunings making it easier for her to play.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 01:48:03 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2022, 01:52:14 AM »

Joni Mitchell had polio as a child too leaving her left hand permanently weak.  She developed over 52 guitar tunings making it easier for her to play.

I didnt know that. Now it makes sense that she joined Neil, I know they are also friends.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2022, 02:02:11 AM »

Yes, Kev.  Watch how she plays...

https://youtu.be/DGHjHU_Z8d8

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2022, 02:19:07 AM »

Spotify has lost $4 billion of its value since removing Neil Young's music

Thats 12% of it's value.

https://westcoaststyles.com/news/2022/01/spotify-market-value-drops-by-4-billion/

Thats more about the liberals taking a stand against Rogan and other podcasts that dont conform to their beliefs rather than the impact of Neil Youngs music.  It'll pass as stuff like this always does.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2022, 02:21:24 AM »

I've seen quite a few people taking the p*ss out of Neil because he's old, (and now Joni) I think it's pretty pathetic.

Why are old people assumed to be senile by younger people ?

Because they are irrelevant to younger people.  We take notice because we are old ourselves.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2022, 03:27:48 AM »

I didnt know that. Now it makes sense that she joined Neil, I know they are also friends.

Joni Mitchell and Neil Young both know very well the pain and suffering associated with polio.  I support what they have done in response to Spotify disseminating misinformation regarding COVID-19 vaccines, particularly the mRNA vaccines.

As an aside, I was in the first group to get the Salk vaccine.   I remember very well how we feared summers when the polio virus was most transmissible prior to the Salk vaccine.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 04:28:04 AM »

Just saw another one.   ha2ha

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 03:52:26 PM »

ha2ha
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:29:10 PM by Normandie »

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2022, 01:29:26 AM »

ha2ha

I must admit Kathy I'm surprised and a bit disappointed you laughed at that. I know it's a p*ss take and I can see the inference.
But it's a serious subject. Neil is speaking out against the anti-vax message that is being "pushed" by the likes of Joe Rogan. It's his right to do that, I dont see him as trying to censor Joe Rogan, he knew Spotify would side with Rogan due to his popularity, but saying he doesnt want to be on the same platform, as it's a subject he (& Joni Mitchell) feel very strongly about.
Personally, I admire him for doing this and standing by his principles.
I do know that a lot of Republicans are anti Neil Young and will try to ridicule anything he says or any actions he takes. I suspect Todd's memes were created by Republicans for political reasons but I dont see any of this as political.
It's a matter of a pandemic and the World Health Org. supports Neil's stance.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2022, 01:46:53 AM »

I must admit Kathy I'm surprised and a bit disappointed you laughed at that.

Kevin, I sincerely apologize if I offended you with that post. I'm a bit of two minds about this whole Neil Young–Joe Rogan issue, but I certainly do not want to alienate anyone—as I mentioned in the "Random Thoughts" thread, I've already lost at least one friendship over COVID/political issues, and some others are getting tenuous.

You seem like a wonderful person, Kevin, and I respect you a lot. I'm in a bit of a work nightmare right now, but I will DM you soon to attempt to rectify things. Cheers. 

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2022, 02:07:29 AM »

Kevin, I sincerely apologize if I offended you with that post. I'm a bit of two minds about this whole Neil Young–Joe Rogan issue, but I certainly do not want to alienate anyone—as I mentioned in the "Random Thoughts" thread, I've already lost at least one friendship over COVID/political issues, and some others are getting tenuous.

You seem like a wonderful person, Kevin, and I respect you a lot. I'm in a bit of a work nightmare right now, but I will DM you soon to attempt to rectify things. Cheers.

No, not offended Kathy, we all have different views on these things. I was more surprised I guess.  ???
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2022, 02:46:14 AM »

True.

I’m not sure of the ins and outs of the deals. But when he sold his song catalogue he’s effectively sold most of the future income from them being played.  So the money from Spotify I’d imagine would mostly go to the catalogue owners. 

Although it’s undoubtedly more complicated then that.

To correct the record, (I like to get my facts straight), apparently he sold half share of his catalogue. So he still has substantial interests in it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2022, 07:01:23 AM »

I must admit Kathy I'm surprised and a bit disappointed you laughed at that. I know it's a p*ss take and I can see the inference.
But it's a serious subject. Neil is speaking out against the anti-vax message that is being "pushed" by the likes of Joe Rogan. It's his right to do that, I dont see him as trying to censor Joe Rogan, he knew Spotify would side with Rogan due to his popularity, but saying he doesnt want to be on the same platform, as it's a subject he (& Joni Mitchell) feel very strongly about.
Personally, I admire him for doing this and standing by his principles.
I do know that a lot of Republicans are anti Neil Young and will try to ridicule anything he says or any actions he takes. I suspect Todd's memes were created by Republicans for political reasons but I dont see any of this as political.
It's a matter of a pandemic and the World Health Org. supports Neil's stance.

Kev, I dont want this to escalate into a political ordeal as i'm all for being vaccinated and am so myself.  I have never listened to Joe Rogan in my life and feel sorry for anybody thats so easily influenced by such outside sources.  As for Neil Young, he's been a crotchety whiner his entire life.  I like his music and do my best to separate the art from the artist, but his constant crying about everything just gets under my skin sometimes.  As for the memes, I just find some of them comical and am just trying to get everyone to smile.

Come on, those are funny.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2022, 01:05:52 PM »

https://youtu.be/2Vyah_MnPEU

And now you know what the song is about.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2022, 12:48:13 AM »

Kev, I dont want this to escalate into a political ordeal as i'm all for being vaccinated and am so myself.  I have never listened to Joe Rogan in my life and feel sorry for anybody thats so easily influenced by such outside sources.  As for Neil Young, he's been a crotchety whiner his entire life.  I like his music and do my best to separate the art from the artist, but his constant crying about everything just gets under my skin sometimes.  As for the memes, I just find some of them comical and am just trying to get everyone to smile.

Come on, those are funny.

I must admit the Yoko one made me laugh Todd ! I see Graham Nash is now pulling off Spotify, I dont think he has many fans of his solo stuff though, like Nils Lofgren, so wont make much of a difference
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2022, 01:07:39 AM »

Kevin

All You Need Is Love

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2022, 09:20:20 PM »

I must admit the Yoko one made me laugh Todd ! I see Graham Nash is now pulling off Spotify, I dont think he has many fans of his solo stuff though, like Nils Lofgren, so wont make much of a difference

I just heard on the radio today that Graham Nash is 80 years old.  I dont know why, but that shocked me for a moment.  Time is flying bye.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2022, 11:10:56 PM »

I just heard on the radio today that Graham Nash is 80 years old.  I dont know why, but that shocked me for a moment.  Time is flying bye.

Thats crazy, but I guess he's similar vintage to Ringo and Paul. They're all getting up there.
The number of deaths this last 12 months of people I know, is ridiculous. This morning we found out my wife's aunt died.

I read that from 1970 till now is the same as 1918 to 1970, that shocked me for a moment
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2022, 11:57:36 PM »

Yes.  :)

Kev, Joni Mitchell also sang back up vocals, but offstage, when Neil Young performed Helpless at The Last Waltz...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q</a>

...The song meant so much to both of them.

They're all getting up there.

Yes, but Neil Young sounds just the way he did a half century ago...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQy4hMy42k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQy4hMy42k</a>
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 12:22:22 AM by Hello Goodbye »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 1.033 seconds with 79 queries.