Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PS3 goes on sale today in the US  (Read 775 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
PS3 goes on sale today in the US
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:15:19 AM »

Yes, fanboys rejoice. that luxury, status symbol has finally gone on sale, and what says "americans and japanese people are all insane" moments, although americans bring a new round of "ill do anything to get one of these damn things!!"

some highlights:

Man shot during drive by BB shooting on people waiting in line and a newscrew

Numerous riots

man smacks himself into a pole during stampede

most of the people that waited in line are buying them only to resell on Ebay for thousands of dollars.

Energy star is saying that the PS3 uses so much power that 2 hours of constant play will make your electric bill go up $40...well, you know what that means, the PS4 is going to have its own nuclear reactor ;D

whats funny about this, is that Sony could've prevented this had they gotten the production on track (then again, they put in alot of concepts near the end along with problems with the Blu-Ray systems)

and so the downfall of Sony begins... ;D

buy the nintendo Wii this christmas, family friendly gift thats 1/3 the price of the PS3
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: PS3 goes on sale today in the US
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:27:28 AM »

Man...people are stupid. Its just a freakin gaming system! Those nerds need to get lives! Its sicking the extreme these people are going for to get it and sell it. Today at work, I had three people come up to me and ask me if I wanted to by one for 3000 dollars! I told them to get the hell away from me lol.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:35:10 AM »

hahaha its not really us geeks that are going for it (we know better, true video gamers are looking forward to the Wii simply because its innovative in its design, its those people that claim to be gamers that are going for the PS3...was that a wayne comment there?)
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »

I never understood what's so great about playing computer games. What a waste of time...

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 02:36:05 PM »

oh BP, so we may never know the touch of a real woman, the games let us delve into different worlds and let us play as someone we could never be. surprisingly enough, many games actually get you into them so much that say your character's girlfriend dies, you actually feel something. its just amazing how these have evolved from the atari 2600

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »

I don't understand the excitement over a computer game like PS3 & the the crowds waiting all day & alnight to get it like it's a Stones concert.  The sad fact is nerds rule when it comes to PC's & even the internet for the most part, so it doesn't surprise me at all, but it is kind of weird.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05:01 PM »

The last computer game I played regularly was FIFA 1990. And that was when it was still a recent game.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 07:13:41 PM »

have't played one in years

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 11:04:43 PM »

Quote from: 395
I don't understand the excitement over a computer game like PS3 & the the crowds waiting all day & alnight to get it like it's a Stones concert.  The sad fact is nerds rule when it comes to PC's & even the internet for the most part, so it doesn't surprise me at all, but it is kind of weird.

ok, can we please acknowledge that this is a "console" not a computer "game" because a game is a program, whereas this is a computer console. then theres also the PC which is what you and i are using to respond to this. as for geeks ruling the world, geek is no longer a bad thing, since a. we make the world work, b. we make craploads of money from people that dont know how to do a simple word document. and c. i still get more women than the geek of yesteryear used to. women find geekiness and the ability to help there computer woes as a good thing ;D so yes, in conclusion, there is a difference between a console, like the PS3, and a computer game, like BP's FIFA 1990. and that geeks are no longer a bad person, cause we are some of the brightest people ever ;D

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 11:33:48 PM »

hmm, strangely enough, wayne's world of thought on this (at least his comment) sounds very similar to Bill O's recent rant about the PS3, Ipods and videogames

transcript here:
http://gamepolitics.com/2006/11/18/bill-oreilly-slams-playstation-3-launch-gamers-ipods-tech-not-in-that-order/

appearently, if you grow up playing video games, you'll wind up being a detriment to society. damn ORLY, i grew up with them and ended up making a career helping morons like him get his email

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 53 queries.