Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: If they didn't break up  (Read 1817 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
If they didn't break up
« on: July 30, 2021, 07:10:05 PM »

Suppose the Beatles never had a falling out and they absolutely loved working together and wanted to do so forever.

What would they have done about all the solo stuff?  Take the idea a little further.  Suppose they didn't want to do individual albums.  How would they have dealt with all those songs?  Especially Paul's, because I think he was writing tons of them compared to the others.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: If they didn't break up
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 11:03:46 PM »

I would imagine that's a lot of solo songs would be trashed and a lot of them recorded by the band

I Probably would have really liked them if that had happened . I don't really like the solo albums. Never play them. Curiously except McCartney.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 02:19:31 AM »

Suppose the Beatles never had a falling out and they absolutely loved working together and wanted to do so forever.

What would they have done about all the solo stuff?  Take the idea a little further.  Suppose they didn't want to do individual albums.  How would they have dealt with all those songs?  Especially Paul's, because I think he was writing tons of them compared to the others.

That was part of the trouble. Paul always had heaps of stuff, and by 1969 George was getting a bigger and bigger backlog. There was no way those songs by either Paul or George were ever going to be used up getting four tracks on a Beatles album every year. So there was little choice but to do solo albums just to get the songs recorded. I can’t see even if the Beatles stayed together that they all could have avoided also doing solo projects.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 12:25:38 AM »

That was part of the trouble. Paul always had heaps of stuff, and by 1969 George was getting a bigger and bigger backlog. There was no way those songs by either Paul or George were ever going to be used up getting four tracks on a Beatles album every year. So there was little choice but to do solo albums just to get the songs recorded. I can’t see even if the Beatles stayed together that they all could have avoided also doing solo projects.

They could have released 2 double albums every year :)

The trouble was John and Paul were increasingly headed in different directions musically. John loved harder rock songs like I Want You, Come Together, Dig A Pony, Paul was writing Maxwells Silver Hammer, TLAWR etc.

Ive always been a bit annoyed that The Stones stayed together all these years but The Beatles split 51 years ago. DAMN !!!
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »

I wonder if they would have started solo output in the 70s whether they stayed together or not..

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 10:08:20 PM »

I wonder if they would have started solo output in the 70s whether they stayed together or not..

I thought what George said in the show was interesting. He proposed doing his own album to John to get rid of his backlog since he had way too many to get onto Beatle albums in the future. He framed it as a way to preserve the Beatles. At that time I don’t think there were many precedents for members of bands to do their own thing but keep the band going. By the mid 70s it was common. I think given the volume of stuff they did in their solo years they would have found it hard to avoid solo albums in additional to Beatle stuff.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 10:41:53 PM »

then there would have been the toxic discussions of "why didn't you bring that song for us/beatles to play"?

Also - there never would have been Band on the Run and How do you Sleep.  Band on the Run because Paul wouldn't have had the band on the run after the Beatles and How do you Sleep - ok, maybe John would have brought that into the Beatles...joking...

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 49 queries.