Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles recording engineer Kenn Scott talks about The Beatles' longevity  (Read 1657 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning

Why has The Beatles’ music had such longevity and retained its relevance over 40 years?

First of all, it’s brilliant. It goes back to the “success” question. When Beatlemania first hit England, a BBC reporter asked Paul and Ringo how long they thought it would last. Ringo said, “Maybe two years, if we’re lucky,” and then he’d like to open a hairdresser salon, while Paul said two years and then he’d like to write songs for other people. They had no idea. It’s nothing you can put a finger on. That interview took place before they came to America. Does anyone know what makes something great? If it comes from the heart, it stands more of a chance of lasting. I can’t see people listening to Britney Spears 40 years from now.

Source: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/ken-scott-0318/

That last part about Britney Spears made me laugh.  ha2ha

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 35 queries.