Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650497 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #6560 on: March 26, 2010, 12:49:29 AM »

I swear I'm a maniac, I just finished a 300 pg book in less than 2 hours.... Blah... I need to get a life.

My god you read FAST.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

HarriGirl_44

« Reply #6561 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:12 AM »

I'm tired  4ac

But thanks God that I don't have much homework!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #6562 on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:38 AM »

My god you read FAST.

Yeah, I do don't I? ha2ha . My reading/writing skills are one of my best traits IMO. I have a college level reading comprehension.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #6563 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:51 AM »

woo!  I feel like I've accomplished something!  I just emailed out 4 resumes for summer jobs and I have another 4 ready to be printed and dropped off in the morning.  I swear, second term final exams should be finding a job!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #6564 on: March 26, 2010, 02:38:03 PM »

I just did a massive exam that could endanger my degree if I've failed...  but it made me happy that my mum said that even if I fail, she'll stand by me and support me no matter what I decide to do.  She's always hated the fact that I wanted to pursue a career in music, since it was my dad doing the exact same thing that broke up their marriage.  It made me smile that even after all that, she says she'll support me, even if it takes me my whole life to get into the music industry.  :)

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6565 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »

Best o luck mate....It's a rocky road with great rewards but relationships ain't easy, be prepared for some self loathing and budget dinners. lol.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6566 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:46 PM »

She's always hated the fact that I wanted to pursue a career in music, since it was my dad doing the exact same thing that broke up their marriage. 

That reminds me of something our drummer said a while ago.
"My girlfriend started dating me because she thought it was exciting that I was a musician. Now she's constantly giving me s**t because she hates that I have to rehearse twice a week."

Oh well...

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6567 on: March 26, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »

Here's how it normally works for me:
1. Girl is attracted to you because you're seen as a bit of a drug taking rebel
2. After 6 months she asks you to stop. So you do.
3. 1 year later she leaves you for being "boring."

Life's a b****.
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6568 on: March 26, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »

Here's how it normally works for me:
1. Girl is attracted to you because you're seen as a bit of a drug taking rebel
2. After 6 months she asks you to stop. So you do.
3. 1 year later she leaves you for being "boring."

Life's a b****.

My story is pretty much the well-known nerd cliche... Girl likes me "just as a friend", I'm not her type because she prefers the bad boy types, after a while she'll come complaining because her boyfriend is so insensitive and she'll ask me why he can't be a nice guy like me. That actually happened to me a few times...

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #6569 on: March 26, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »

Thanks AAB!  I'm gonna need all the luck I can get  :)
And I get where you're coming from, Joost.  People can dislike something like that even when it's a good thing...  but I guess you just have to stick with what works and what doesn't, like my parents did.  My dad decided it was too much to have a family and pursue music at the same time, so he stuck to music.  It's a shame, and I can see how it inflicted my mum when I started focusing on music as a career.  It meant a lot that she'd support me even though she'd rather I wasn't a musician.  :)
I'm excited about my future though.  There are endless opportunities out there, and if I have to reduce myself to crawling around after people like a dog to get to them, I'll do it.  I don't know what I'll do if music stops being the focus point of my life!   :-X

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6570 on: March 26, 2010, 05:16:52 PM »

I'm excited about my future though.  There are endless opportunities out there, and if I have to reduce myself to crawling around after people like a dog to get to them, I'll do it.  I don't know what I'll do if music stops being the focus point of my life!   :-X

Yeah, just go for it! And if it doesn't work out, to quote the Red Hot Chili Peppers quoting the Butthole Surfers: It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do.  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:21:34 PM by Joost »

HarriGirl_44

« Reply #6571 on: March 27, 2010, 01:22:01 AM »

My friend left me alone today at school  :P

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #6572 on: March 27, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »

Yeah, just go for it! And if it doesn't work out, to quote the Red Hot Chili Peppers quoting the Butthole Surfers: It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do.  :)

True!  :D

xxx

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6573 on: March 27, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »

Thanks AAB!  I'm gonna need all the luck I can get  :)
And I get where you're coming from, Joost.  People can dislike something like that even when it's a good thing...  but I guess you just have to stick with what works and what doesn't, like my parents did.  My dad decided it was too much to have a family and pursue music at the same time, so he stuck to music.  It's a shame, and I can see how it inflicted my mum when I started focusing on music as a career.  It meant a lot that she'd support me even though she'd rather I wasn't a musician.  :)
I'm excited about my future though.  There are endless opportunities out there, and if I have to reduce myself to crawling around after people like a dog to get to them, I'll do it.  I don't know what I'll do if music stops being the focus point of my life!   :-X

xxx
Your welcome....It's been nearly a year since I had to choose music over my partner of 9years. One of the, if not toughest decisions of my life. There are plenty of roles music related out there...One thing I have had to learn to be is adaptable and made it my interest also to get on the sound engineering side of things which broadens the earning scope when gig slots are tighter and saves any band I'm in a lot of money on 'studio time'. There is also instruction to consider. Most full-time musicians I know, teach like crazy and play in various bands to have any chance of paying the mortgage off.  Your last sentence is pretty much where I am at but make sure you get to make time for relationships, family or personal. You need that time out from some of the frustrations and challenges music can present. Also, it's not a race, music is a companion for life, so don't set un-realistic targets but dream as much as your inspiration will take you and you'll find that you may surprise yourself. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #6574 on: March 27, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

My little brother's talent show...

Niky's Talent Show

I thought he did really well for being in the 3rd grade ;D

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #6575 on: March 27, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »

My story is pretty much the well-known nerd cliche... Girl likes me "just as a friend", I'm not her type because she prefers the bad boy types, after a while she'll come complaining because her boyfriend is so insensitive and she'll ask me why he can't be a nice guy like me. That actually happened to me a few times...
I am the opposite of you, Joost. Guys fall for me all the time, I tell them I just want to be friends, they stil try to ask me out, I say no, then they get all sh*tty at me.
... Love! Go figure!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #6576 on: March 28, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »

Guys fall for me all the time

My heart weeps for you.

Here's another random thought: I really  should crash cast parties more often.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Eliza

• Getting Better
  • You've got a new horizon It's ephemeral style
« Reply #6577 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:35 PM »

I found this website where you can morph two people together to see what their baby would like and this is what mime and george harrison's kid looks like..... I think he's cute  ;yes
Put yer tongue away it looks digusting hanging out all pinked and naked!-George Harrison

Love forever, love is free Let's turn forever you and me Windmill, windmill for the land Is everybody in?

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #6578 on: March 28, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »

Why do I get so nervous when I drive...? *frustration*

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #6579 on: March 29, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »

Your welcome....It's been nearly a year since I had to choose music over my partner of 9years. One of the, if not toughest decisions of my life. There are plenty of roles music related out there...One thing I have had to learn to be is adaptable and made it my interest also to get on the sound engineering side of things which broadens the earning scope when gig slots are tighter and saves any band I'm in a lot of money on 'studio time'. There is also instruction to consider. Most full-time musicians I know, teach like crazy and play in various bands to have any chance of paying the mortgage off.  Your last sentence is pretty much where I am at but make sure you get to make time for relationships, family or personal. You need that time out from some of the frustrations and challenges music can present. Also, it's not a race, music is a companion for life, so don't set un-realistic targets but dream as much as your inspiration will take you and you'll find that you may surprise yourself. :)

I know what you're saying.  I'm not planning on doing just one role in music, I want to be as many different "people" as I can.  I'm mostly heading towards sound engineering (live and studio), production, songwriting, and performing myself...  Not just to be employable, but because it all interests me.  I know my biggest desire is to be a performing musician, but I'm not even counting that as something that will come true, even on a small scale, cos nowadays, you can't just "jump" into the industry, strum a few chords and there you have a career for life.  I'm well aware that I have to do everything and anything I can, and I will!  As for relationships, I don't think I can devote myself to anyone while I'm still searching for myself in this industry.  I'm only young, and besides, I don't want to make the same mistake my dad did.  I'd rather not get involved with anyone at all, until my career and my identity in music are more secure.  That way I can't hurt anyone along the way.

However, random thought for today...

I HATE it when technology makes no sense!!!  I've been waiting for a piece of recording equipment for a month longer than promised, and now that I've got it, I have no idea how to make it work.  I followed every instruction, and looked all over the internet, but nothing helps, and now my whole home studio is screwed.  Actually, scratch that first thought.  I hate technology in general.  I'm fulfilling all my Beatle-shaped desires by going to Liverpool tomorrow, and this technology thing has p*ssed me off that much, I'm not even excited.  *Worst mood ever*

xxx

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 527

Page created in 0.757 seconds with 84 queries.