Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650532 times)

KelMar

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #7680 on: September 25, 2011, 02:36:42 AM »

I hope you have a great birthday blmeanie!

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #7681 on: September 25, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »

I hope I haven't just made a big mistake. I  fell for this app on Facebook that said it would show me who was checking my profile out but befoe I could use it i had to fill in a form and that just turned out to be for a competitions website. I put our address and phone #. My dad will got nuts if he found out. I just hope the phone doesn't start ringing. I avoided putting some details in. Problem is I asked someone to marry me the other week and she said no and now the only way she can contact me is on Facebook so I was desperate to see if she'd been checking me out on Facebook.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7682 on: September 26, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

Happy B'day, blmeanie! Enjoy  :D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7683 on: September 26, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »

I'm definitely getting encouraged by my daughters' (ages 14 and 13) musical taste. Not only did my older daughter request Neil Young's "Sugar Mountain" a few months ago (I shared that on this forum), but now my younger daughter always asks for the Who's "Blue Red and Grey" when we're in the car (yay!). I think they are finally starting to realize there is more to music than Britney Spears and Ke$ha.  ;)

I'm not having much luck getting them to appreciate Jimi Hendrix or Bob Dylan yet, though!

KelMar

« Reply #7684 on: September 26, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »

I'm not having much luck getting them to appreciate Jimi Hendrix or Bob Dylan yet, though!

That may take some time, especially Dylan. Just choose what you play carefully and they'll come around. ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:06:34 PM by In My Life »

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #7685 on: September 27, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »

My nine year old brother loves The Beatles and Deep Purple, and I've been working on getting him into Bowie.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #7686 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »

Don't forget Dylan and Baez, Mairi.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7687 on: September 27, 2011, 11:27:22 PM »

That may take some time, especially Dylan. Just choose what you play carefully and they'll come around. ;)

So true, Kelley!  :)

Actually, I think my older daughter needs further Beatles education: We were listening to "Anna" in the car today, and she asked "Is this John or Paul?" The look on my younger daughter's face was priceless: She was like, "How can you POSSIBLY think this is Paul?!?" It was funny. I was actually trying not to laugh, but then I remembered that I was once a novice Beatles fan myself and had trouble telling them apart. (But, I mean, "Anna?" That one's not too hard!  ha2ha)

Bobber

« Reply #7688 on: September 28, 2011, 06:57:52 AM »

So true, Kelley!  :)

Actually, I think my older daughter needs further Beatles education: We were listening to "Anna" in the car today, and she asked "Is this John or Paul?" The look on my younger daughter's face was priceless: She was like, "How can you POSSIBLY think this is Paul?!?" It was funny. I was actually trying not to laugh, but then I remembered that I was once a novice Beatles fan myself and had trouble telling them apart. (But, I mean, "Anna?" That one's not too hard!  ha2ha)

Great story. You can even hear that John is dealing with a terrible cold on this song.

KelMar

« Reply #7689 on: September 28, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »

but then I remembered that I was once a novice Beatles fan myself and had trouble telling them apart.

I did too for years! I could tell Paul from John but George would confuse me sometimes. That seems hard to believe now. And the songs where the lead vocals are shared between John and Paul; that really baffled me at times. YouTube was a great help in my Beatles education. I have studied there extensively.  ;)

Lennon93

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #7690 on: October 01, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »

I am going to Italy for 7 days tomorrow with my school. Can't wait!!

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #7691 on: October 01, 2011, 01:04:15 PM »

How much do they charge to ship a school?

;)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Lennon93

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #7692 on: October 01, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »

It is more expensive than recording "Good Vibrations".

;)

8)

p.s 400€ per

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #7693 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »

I am going to Italy for 7 days tomorrow with my school. Can't wait!!

That's great! I hope you have a wonderful time :D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #7694 on: October 01, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »

My week...no wait: MY MONTH has been made!!!!!! I sent an email to Cynthia Plaster Caster not too long ago and just got a reply!!!!!!!!!
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #7695 on: October 03, 2011, 06:14:30 PM »

Okay, since when does Norton internet security wipe your computer?  My version had expired so I bought a new one, and it said it needed to uninstall the old one before installing the new one, so it did that and restarted, but when it booted back up, it had erased ALL of my programs from my laptop and left it as a barely functioning mess.  All my documents were still there, there were just no programs to access them with, and when I tried to reinstall the programs, it wouldn't accept them...  thank god for system restore, but even still, I now have a laptop that's barely 3 years old but functioning like it's ancient...  thanks a lot, Norton.  Bastards!

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #7696 on: October 03, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »

Okay, since when does Norton internet security wipe your computer?  My version had expired so I bought a new one, and it said it needed to uninstall the old one before installing the new one, so it did that and restarted, but when it booted back up, it had erased ALL of my programs from my laptop and left it as a barely functioning mess.  All my documents were still there, there were just no programs to access them with, and when I tried to reinstall the programs, it wouldn't accept them...  thank god for system restore, but even still, I now have a laptop that's barely 3 years old but functioning like it's ancient...  thanks a lot, Norton.  Bastards!

xxx

I found out just before my AVG was due to be renwed that Microsoft have their own now. Microsoft security essentials. I've been using it for about a week with no problems. Apparently MS head hunted some anti-virus experts.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #7697 on: October 04, 2011, 12:26:59 PM »

I found out just before my AVG was due to be renwed that Microsoft have their own now. Microsoft security essentials. I've been using it for about a week with no problems. Apparently MS head hunted some anti-virus experts.

Ah, really?  I'll have to look into it.  My problem now is that I don't know if I can even keep this laptop much longer anyway - it's alright once it's been booted up a while, but when it first starts up, it malfunctions and goes mad trying to install programs that are corrupted, to no avail.  I would just bite the bullet and switch to Mac completely, because I can't deny how much better they are than PCs at most things, but I despise them!  I used a PC all my life until I went to college and was forced to use them, because it's pretty much all people use in the music industry now, and I just couldn't figure them out, and I still hate them just as much.  My boyfriend laughs at me all the time because I still have a PC laptop for my personal stuff...  maybe he's right   :-\   :P

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #7698 on: October 04, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »

Ah, really?  I'll have to look into it.  My problem now is that I don't know if I can even keep this laptop much longer anyway - it's alright once it's been booted up a while, but when it first starts up, it malfunctions and goes mad trying to install programs that are corrupted, to no avail.  I would just bite the bullet and switch to Mac completely, because I can't deny how much better they are than PCs at most things, but I despise them!  I used a PC all my life until I went to college and was forced to use them, because it's pretty much all people use in the music industry now, and I just couldn't figure them out, and I still hate them just as much.  My boyfriend laughs at me all the time because I still have a PC laptop for my personal stuff...  maybe he's right   :-\   :P

xxx
I wouldn't know. I've seen a Mac once when I went into an electrical shop to ask about them but the staff seemed unwilling to show me how wonderful they are and I've just never come across one elsewhere. I'm happy with my Pc though. W/e else you can say about Bill Gates and M/S without him/them we might not have got as far as we have. I'm not cynical about Gates. Yes he wasn't doing it for charity but he also had to think a hell of a lot about how best to get software into peoples homes for the benefit of everybody and in that respect he's been senataionaly succesful and I'm unbelivably greateful to him for it. Then again I'm not an expert if I was maybe i'd agree with the critism he gets about the quality of MS software.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #7699 on: October 04, 2011, 11:51:51 PM »

I wouldn't know. I've seen a Mac once when I went into an electrical shop to ask about them but the staff seemed unwilling to show me how wonderful they are and I've just never come across one elsewhere. I'm happy with my Pc though. W/e else you can say about Bill Gates and M/S without him/them we might not have got as far as we have. I'm not cynical about Gates. Yes he wasn't doing it for charity but he also had to think a hell of a lot about how best to get software into peoples homes for the benefit of everybody and in that respect he's been senataionaly succesful and I'm unbelivably greateful to him for it. Then again I'm not an expert if I was maybe i'd agree with the critism he gets about the quality of MS software.

Indeed, you're right about Gates, although nowadays if you're around computers enough, you see PCs really struggling against the popularity of the Mac.  I don't like them, as after being so used to a PC's controls, I find Macs a bit un-user-friendly, but at the same time, their security is quite brilliant, as is its pechant for updating the latest versions of everything you need regularly so you're never out of date and unable to open or run anything...  and this is coming from someone who doesn't like them!  :P

xxx

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 527

Page created in 1.811 seconds with 79 queries.