Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650242 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9240 on: August 05, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »

I knew I could count on you! ha2ha

Jefferson Starship Count On Me
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9241 on: August 05, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »

I was just at the much-hated WalMart and was surprised to hear "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes playing over the PA system. It was cut off halfway through by a country song.  ha2ha

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9244 on: August 12, 2014, 02:27:36 AM »

RIP Robin Williams; my heart aches for your family and for how terribly you must have been suffering. Depression sucks, for lack of a more sophisticated term.

KelMar

« Reply #9245 on: August 12, 2014, 05:19:39 AM »

RIP Robin Williams; my heart aches for your family and for how terribly you must have been suffering. Depression sucks, for lack of a more sophisticated term.

Yes. I echo everything you've said.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9246 on: August 14, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »

We got our first summer squash out of our new garden! Cooked with fresh cilantro! yum!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9247 on: August 15, 2014, 03:03:46 AM »

We got our first summer squash out of our new garden! Cooked with fresh cilantro! yum!

Lucky! That freakin' woodchuck ate the leaves off the ones my daughter planted. They blossomed but there's nothing else there.

KelMar

« Reply #9248 on: August 15, 2014, 03:31:26 AM »

To quote my best friend/cousin, I hate this whole circle of life thing.  :'(

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9249 on: August 15, 2014, 10:49:37 AM »

Lucky! That freakin' woodchuck ate the leaves off the ones my daughter planted. They blossomed but there's nothing else there.
They're a pain for sure. I had one sitting on his haunches looking in the fence but the plastic weed mat cover scares them (I think)! I spent most of my spring building this thing and it's paying off now. I didn't plant till the first week of July but everything's catching up now. I've got some fine tuning to do this month and then I'll send some pictures.
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9250 on: August 15, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »

I've got some fine tuning to do this month and then I'll send some pictures.

I'll have to show those to my daughter. Of course she probably won't be here next year to put any new ideas to work. I wish she would have majored in something with job prospects around here.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9251 on: August 15, 2014, 09:34:18 PM »

I'll have to show those to my daughter. Of course she probably won't be here next year to put any new ideas to work. I wish she would have majored in something with job prospects around here.
Not anthropology! I hope!
Mark Twain

nimrod

« Reply #9252 on: August 15, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »

Isnt it horrible when you get an unexpected bill to pay  >:(

Yesterday I walked outside and noticed my home sewerage tank was literally overflowing  !!

So a call to the service Co resulted in a man being there in an hour and an $800 bill for a new pump  :o

One of those things that cant wait  ha2ha

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9253 on: August 15, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »

Yesterday I walked outside and noticed my home sewerage tank was literally overflowing  !!

So a call to the service Co resulted in a man being there in an hour and an $800 bill for a new pump  :o

One of those things that cant wait  ha2ha

I got an unexpected expense a couple weeks ago. 

My washing machine died 2 Fridays ago right after the wash cycle. It didn't even have the decency to drain the water out so I had a full machine of towels and water.

Fortunately, I have a Shop Vac so I was able get most of the water out. I hoped since the water was out that the spin cycle would work so the towels wouldn't be as wet when I pulled them out. Yeah, right.

I went on Sears.com to look for a new one. Their earliest delivery was 8/7. Uh, no. Homedepot.com was 8/6. Nope. Then I went where I should have gone in the first place-Lowes.com. I ordered a washer at 7:30 that night, and it was delivered at 9:00 the next morning and they took the old one away.

$620.00
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

nimrod

« Reply #9254 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:22 PM »

I got an unexpected expense a couple weeks ago. 

My washing machine died 2 Fridays ago right after the wash cycle. It didn't even have the decency to drain the water out so I had a full machine of towels and water.

Fortunately, I have a Shop Vac so I was able get most of the water out. I hoped since the water was out that the spin cycle would work so the towels wouldn't be as wet when I pulled them out. Yeah, right.

I went on Sears.com to look for a new one. Their earliest delivery was 8/7. Uh, no. Homedepot.com was 8/6. Nope. Then I went where I should have gone in the first place-Lowes.com. I ordered a washer at 7:30 that night, and it was delivered at 9:00 the next morning and they took the old one away.

$620.00

Oh well at least you have a shiny new washer to look at

I cant see anything I couldnt see yesterday  ???

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9255 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:03 PM »

My washer did the same thing last Friday, the day before we had company from GA! I got it working though. Can't go heavy on the towels though!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9256 on: August 16, 2014, 12:17:15 AM »

I've always worried that would happen with my washer. (P.S. My son's watching the Eagles/Patriots preseason game right now; he's so thrilled that it's on TV.)

I feel for you both; there is never a good time for those big unexpected bills. And they usually do involve something that must be fixed ASAP.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9257 on: August 16, 2014, 02:00:32 AM »

I cant see anything I couldnt see yesterday  ???

But you can't see overflowing sewage anymore, so there's that.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9258 on: August 16, 2014, 02:03:37 AM »

I've always worried that would happen with my washer. (P.S. My son's watching the Eagles/Patriots preseason game right now; he's so thrilled that it's on TV.)

I feel for you both; there is never a good time for those big unexpected bills. And they usually do involve something that must be fixed ASAP.

My apartment complex has a laundry room, but I'm not playing the "sit at the dryer and make sure nobody takes your stuff out and puts theirs in anymore". 

The Eagles are a mess tonight.  Oh, well, it's pre-season.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9259 on: August 16, 2014, 02:07:18 AM »

That would have bought a lot of beer, pizza and records lol.

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 527

Page created in 0.968 seconds with 75 queries.