Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Note you never wrote  (Read 3854 times)

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
The Note you never wrote
« on: December 26, 2008, 07:43:26 AM »

Who wrote this song, i see its credited to just Paul but i still wonder if Denny contributed to it. Its such a cool song, its weird that Paul gave it away, has he ever performed it.

Oh its from Wings at the speed of Sound

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
Re: The Note you never wrote
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »

Just in case someones not familiar with the song heres  a link too it  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohdkN7r0tY

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

Denny Laine is the man! he have a very impressive vocal. I always saw his talent in a band. same with McCulloch. they both were very important. "The Note you never wrote" is one of The Wings most underrated songs in my opinion. the guitar's solo is just amazing. yes Denny had written the song, along with "Again and Again and Again", which is also a nice song.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »

its an ok song, nothing special for me.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »

Hadnt heard it before now, but it is very good and just as good as any other McCartney written Wings/Solo song ive heard.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »

Quote from: 1699
Who wrote this song, i see its credited to just Paul but i still wonder if Denny contributed to it. Its such a cool song, its weird that Paul gave it away, has he ever performed it.

Oh its from Wings at the speed of Sound

Paul wrote the whole thing while Denny sang lead. There is a version with Paul on lead vocal however. I don't think it's weird that he gave it away, he probably thought Denny sang it better than him and no he has never performed it. The ideal time would have been on the 76 tour or the 77 tour (if Wings would have toured that year but obviously they didn't)

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »

Quote from: 682

Paul wrote the whole thing while Denny sang lead. There is a version with Paul on lead vocal however. I don't think it's weird that he gave it away, he probably thought Denny sang it better than him and no he has never performed it. The ideal time would have been on the 76 tour or the 77 tour (if Wings would have toured that year but obviously they didn't)

Thanks for the clarification. I saw that Mcartney was the sole credited artist for it but i thought maybe it was a mistakea and that maybe it was a co-credit.

Even though Pauls got an eclectic songwriting abilities the song dosent sound 'mcartneyesqe', i'd really like to hear him perform it.

Still great song from an album which was the closest to being a group effort rather than Paul and co.

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:48:29 AM »

yeah this is a very good Wings song!  Dennys vocal is perfect!  I love the instrumentation on this song, and the guitar solos are just awesome!

jjs

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 03:29:41 AM »

Quote from: 1580
yeah this is a very good Wings song!  Dennys vocal is perfect!  I love the instrumentation on this song, and the guitar solos are just awesome!

gussssh. swooooooooooon. <sigh> BTW... I'm "African American".

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 03:55:14 AM »

Quote from: 1699

Thanks for the clarification. I saw that Mcartney was the sole credited artist for it but i thought maybe it was a mistakea and that maybe it was a co-credit.

Even though Pauls got an eclectic songwriting abilities the song dosent sound 'mcartneyesqe', i'd really like to hear him perform it.

Still great song from an album which was the closest to being a group effort rather than Paul and co.

Denny, however, has performed the song.

ovqz73Bh4tQ

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 57 queries.