Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: sgt pepper's cover  (Read 5536 times)

sgt pepper's cover
« on: February 03, 2005, 03:34:53 AM »

does n e one realize that alastier crowley is on the cover of sgt pepper's? and does anyone know who this guy is and why we all should be concerned?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: sgt pepper's cover
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 04:06:44 AM »

Yeah, he's known for being a satan worshipper which he really wasn't. Anyway, I think after almost 40 years we don't have to be so worried anymore. They put a lot of people on that cover. They wanted to put Hitler and Gahndi on it too. I think they were just going for the extremes.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 06:01:36 AM »

Crowley had a book cover made of human skin i think I heard/read.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:43:47 AM »

and sacrificed babies and ate flesh.and sold jimmy page a castle.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 04:03:29 PM »

freak

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:42:41 PM »

I AM NOT YOU TAKE THAT BACK PYGMY.lol hey i am kidding..rock on

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 09:16:25 PM »

Crowley not a satan worshipper...what kind of crack are you smoking? he founded the modern satanism people follow today...plus about you saying they just wanted to go to the extremes.....i read an interview with harrison that says the group looks up to the people on the cover.....why would they look up to crowley unless they are satanic ppl?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 09:54:38 PM »

Did you join this forum just to start this topic? ::) Honestly, George is one of the most spiritual rock stars ever. In a good way. John had some issues with religion but he sure as shootin' wasn't a satanist! As for Paul and Ringo I don't think either of them were satanists either. Now go away unless you have good to contribute.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 09:58:28 PM »

He was dabbler in Sex,Drugs and Magie

He was a member of the extremely close occult group named "Golden Dawn".

Jimmy Page, Led Zeppelin guitarist, purchased his Boleskine House on the shore of Loch Ness, reportedly one of the world's most haunted places.

Lost his virginity at age 14 to the family maid. Contracted gonorrhea at age 17.

Expelled after only two years with the Hermetic Order Of The Golden Dawn, reportedly through efforts by William Butler Yeats, with whom he did not get along.

Accused of leaving fellow climbers to die in an avalanche during his 1905 trek to clim Kangchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world.

At the time of his death in 1947, at the age of 72 years, Crowley was taking heroin in doses large enough to kill five people.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 01:13:41 AM »

Quote from: beatlesscareme
Crowley not a satan worshipper...what kind of crack are you smoking? he founded the modern satanism people follow today...plus about you saying they just wanted to go to the extremes.....i read an interview with harrison that says the group looks up to the people on the cover.....why would they look up to crowley unless they are satanic ppl?

Get your facts straight before attacking a person. He didn't believe in satan. He was an occultist who DID believe in a lot of weird sh*t. He did not sacrifice people or animals. It's very easy to look these things up you know. If you have half a brain and no agenda. But believe what you want. YOu're not going to convince anyone around here that the Beatles were satanist. Now go to an Ozzy forum and rag on them.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 08:58:41 AM »

Who gives a sh*t anyway? Religion is just a load of crap that humans made up to keep fellow humans in good behavior...

So what if Crowley believed in Satan and followed his ways? That just means he'll be living the rest of enternity with him, doesn't it?

So what if the Beatles looked up to Crowley? Does that mean we have to look up to him? No...

Most of us here listen to the Beatles because we like their music not religious preferences...

Get real...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 11:53:37 AM »

Theres no way Beatles were Satanists...They were aware with playing with dangerous issues to get a few backs up/publicity from time to time.

Alistair Crowley I thought (without looking it up and from memory) was into complete kinda abandonment..No rules, no issues.....complete freewill.
Works in some ways but absolute chaos in others. It's all just concept.....IF George made that remark..in context, maybe it was what the people on the cover stood for. Concepts and thoughts.....Rather than hero worshipping, they were thoughts from people that have had influence over world conscious. Things we can acknowledge and make our own way from...I hope that made sense?
Confused myself lol...Part of the debate raised by Crowley is the freedom to wander this earth without rules, taxes, social laws/acceptance etc. etc. But incest, slaughter and wild orgies do have a habit of affecting those around you....It's all just intellectual theory and debate....Which I hav'nt got much time for....It made me think though. lol
And NO I'm not a satan worshipper or into Crowley or anything. Think I just saw a programme once.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 09:04:44 PM »

beatlescareme reminds me of the guy who wrote that pathetic piece of wisdom (was in books, magazines topic thingy).  perhaps they're the same person.

from what i know, alister might have been a satanist, but what was notorious for his occults.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 01:54:06 AM »

I thought the pictures of "Famous" people on the cover was to just illustrate other "well known" people of the 20th century! Good, bad, or just well known? Hence an eclectic assortment.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 05:00:43 PM »

Quote from: apple_sauce
I thought the pictures of "Famous" people on the cover was to just illustrate other "well known" people of the 20th century! Good, bad, or just well known? Hence an eclectic assortment.

But I think they were mainly people the Beatles liked or were influenced by.
Hence the presence for example of the writer of 'Alice in Wonderland' and Edgar Allen Poe.(Not from the 20th century incidentally).

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 05:19:02 PM »

My God. Please tell me we're discussing whether the Beatles were satanists or not.
I thought this stuff died out in the seventies when acid turned to crap
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 06:45:02 PM »

John loved pushing people's buttons. He would be lapping this right up.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 08:13:41 AM »

Quote from: Mairi
John loved pushing people's buttons. He would be lapping this right up.

Bang on.
don't follow leaders

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 72 queries.