Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Singles Policy ?  (Read 894 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Singles Policy ?
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »

Do you think The Beatles were right not include singles as a rule on their albums ?
One of the things i've  heard  said by people is  they don't like The Beatles as there are no hits on there albums .
The only time i think they got it wrong was with The White Album , i think Hey Jude should have been included ?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
Re: Singles Policy ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:23:47 PM »

The notion that the albums that didn't contain singles were lacking 'hits' is unfortunately an ignorant one.  Sgt. Pepper's didn't have 'hits?'  

Many of the most famous Beatles songs (In My Life, Ob-La-Di, Lucy in the Sky, A Day in the Life, Back in the USSR, to name just a very few) weren't released as singles.  But they were still hits.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 08:02:02 PM »

The only one they didn't do that for was Abbey Road...the singles were included on the album.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:52 PM »

Quote from: 1333
The notion that the albums that didn't contain singles were lacking 'hits' is unfortunately an ignorant one.  Sgt. Pepper's didn't have 'hits?'  

Many of the most famous Beatles songs (In My Life, Ob-La-Di, Lucy in the Sky, A Day in the Life, Back in the USSR, to name just a very few) weren't released as singles.  But they were still hits.

Yes, they were hits but not in the most technical sense. All the songs you named were not hit singles, but are big classics. It's similar, but it's not the same. Of course, I would say that much of the times a big rock classic is more important than a forgettable big hit.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »

Quote from: 668
The only one they didn't do that for was Abbey Road...the singles were included on the album.

Well, "Come Together" and "Something" were released as the single from Abbey Road but over a month after their original release on the album. I guess I've read somewhere that, as always, the Beatles didn't planned to release those songs as singles, but as they don't have any new songs to release for the Christmas season of 1969, they finally choose those two. John was the one who picked "Something" I think.

The only time they wanted to release a single from an album was, I guess, "Yellow Submarine/Eleanor Rigby", the same day as Revolver.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:03:59 AM »

Maybe it just worked out way....
<br />

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 49 queries.