Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatles Vs the world..  (Read 5605 times)

LegendLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • Give peace a Chance
Beatles Vs the world..
« on: May 25, 2005, 07:59:52 PM »

Hey some people think that there were bands who were bigger than the beatles if you know any please share them with me.. Because to my Knowledge they are Number1 and will always be Number 1
:)"You have to be a bastard to make it, and that's a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth."
*GREATEST SONGWRITER* :)
    JOHN LENNON
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: Beatles Vs the world..
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 01:08:07 AM »

nope..and i doubt there ever will be
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:44:19 AM »

To be devils advocate, I guess they can lay claim to having the biggest cultural impact (though Elvis and a few hip hop acts may argue that) and have probably had the most media attention.
They loose out in sales and chart placings though ( in Britain to the likes of Cliff Richard and some boy band)
blah blah blah
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »

I know some people are probably going to want to lynch me for saying this, but from 1966 until 1970, The Beach Boys were better than the Beatles at their peak.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:49:55 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
I know some people are probably going to want to lynch me for saying this, but from 1966 until 1970, The Beach Boys were better than the Beatles at their peak.

Go for it.
All the power to you for speaking your mind (though I couldn't disagree more)
don't follow leaders

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 07:27:27 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

get out

LegendLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • Give peace a Chance
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 07:43:45 PM »

Well beachboys were Good but no one compares to the beatles or ever will .. but i respect your opinion :)
:)"You have to be a bastard to make it, and that's a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth."
*GREATEST SONGWRITER* :)
    JOHN LENNON

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 08:16:25 PM »

Believe me, a friend of mine is an even bigger Beach Boys fan than I am, and I've laughed in his face more than once when he said that the Beach Boys (at their peak) were better than the Beatles (at their peak).

But a couple of months ago I had to admit to him he was right.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 08:39:46 PM »

I, also, would have to disagree, but Biscuit is always objective and does not  seem to carry as strong of a Beatles bias as many of us do. Perhaps, outside our Beatle-enthusiastic community feel the same way Biscuit does.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 11:19:28 PM »

I love the Beach Boys, but i'll have to disagree also. First, at least play your own instruments on your crowning achievments (Pet Sounds, Sunflower, Smile, etc,). Secondly, maybe if there were no Beatles, Brian might not have layed in bed for three or so straight years. I'll have to definately disagree.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 08:19:53 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
I love the Beach Boys, but i'll have to disagree also. First, at least play your own instruments on your crowning achievments (Pet Sounds, Sunflower, Smile, etc,). Secondly, maybe if there were no Beatles, Brian might not have layed in bed for three or so straight years. I'll have to definately disagree.

Perfect response.
don't follow leaders

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

Okay... I disagree, mate. Although I totally love Good Vibrations, it's definately one of my favorite songs of all-time, I do think that The Beatles were much greater.

The amount of songs made, out of the total, that strike you as wonderful music, is what makes a band so perfect.

And the Beatles have more than 90% of their songs great. Almost none is bad. They always made it big, no matter if they argued, if they were on total teamwork, if they were depressed, if they were happy, if they were on drugs...

On all times, they managed to create great songs. And that's why I see them as the # 1 band of all time.

I don't mean no disrespect for The Beach Boys, though. I do like California Girls, Good Vibrations and Wouldn't It Be Nice. But they just don't have that artistic talent of managing to create songs no matter what the situation is and there are some of their songs I don't really like, honestly.

I respect The Beach Boys and I also consider them one of the greatest bands in history, because they managed a lot of sucess and, when they could, they made great songs. I just think the Beatles are superior. By a lot.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 01:37:45 PM »

^excellent argument
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 03:17:40 PM »

Secondly, maybe if there were no Beatles, Brian might not have layed in bed for three or so straight years. I'll have to definately disagree.

I read several books about the Beach Boys, and I'm pretty sure that it's not true that Brian ended up in bed because of the Beatles. It wasn't the competition with the Beatles that made Brian go crazy, it was a combination of heavy drug use, a bad childhood and an instable personality. It would've gone wrong with him even if the Beatles never excisted.

And you should also realize that Brian was in a completely different position than John & Paul. Brian wrote, arranged and produced everything the Beach Boys recorded until 1966. He was John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Martin combined into one person. And on top of that, he had to deal with a musically very conservative band that kept telling him to quit making that "weird ego music" and return to his regular surf songs. In those days, Brian was surrounded by people (his dad, his record company, some of his band member) that told him what he did was going the wrong way musically.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 03:21:59 PM »

Quote from: Lostio
And the Beatles have more than 90% of their songs great. Almost none is bad. They always made it big, no matter if they argued, if they were on total teamwork, if they were depressed, if they were happy, if they were on drugs..

I do agree with you that if you look at the complete discography that the Beatles are far superior. The Beatles didn't make a lot of bad songs, and well, The Beach Boys did. They made lots of crap, to be honest (about 75% of everything they did after the mid-70s, for instance). But I think that if you put the best work of both bands together... Let's say Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road & Let It Be vs. Pet Sounds, Friends, Sunflower, The Beach Boys Today! and Smile... Than the Beach Boys definately win, to my opinion...

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 03:25:20 PM »

First, at least play your own instruments on your crowning achievments (Pet Sounds, Sunflower, Smile, etc,).

Maybe the Beach Boys didn't play their own instruments on many of their albums, but you've got to remember that everything you hear on Pet Sounds and Smile came from Brian Wilson's mind. He arranged every part for every instrument himself. While most of the orchestral scores on Beatles records were George Martin's...

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2005, 11:49:18 PM »

There are no bands bigger than The Beatles. Noone is anywhere near them in sales and noone ever will be. They've sold well over a billion units worldwide and they keep selling more and more every year. They are by far the world's most popular band.
Noone has ever had as much written about them. There are scores and scores of books and articles about almost everything The Beatles ever did.
Noone has had the cultural impact that The Beatles did. The hairstyle alone has had more impact than anything any other band has ever done. Add-in the sense of humor they had-especially in the early interviews,the outspokenness they had-especially John,the ever expanding interests in everything from Indian mysticism to LSD,and the fact that they wrote and played almost all the music and that it was the best music ever made-and it's impossible for anyone to compete with them.
Noone has ever been better musically than The Beatles. 35 years after they broke up,they still win every poll and every contest for best song,best album,best band,best songwriters-they were the best at everything.
And I am 100% completely objective. The Beatles rule!

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 08:29:53 PM »

I think the world of music right now is too divided with a multitude of genres that, no one band or artist can have the same effect on culture, sell the same amount of records, and touch as many people as the beatles did.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 09:29:44 PM »

No one bigger. No one. There is no such word as noone. :D

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2005, 10:00:23 PM »

ooh, aren't we in teacher mode today! (grin)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 85 queries.