Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Philippines  (Read 5332 times)

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
Re: Philippines
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 11:34:46 AM »

I'm so sorry i didn't know at all that there was a article about the Philippines because i'm kinda new here and i don't know a lot but thanks about letting me know about this. So the Beatles didn't really hate their fans in the Philippines, and about the Phil Harmonic orchestra i was very shocked about the revenge of Kevin.
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 02:58:27 PM »

Yep, that picture of the Beatles getting "ruffed up" is from the Philippines.  And that's my Neil Aspinall with the hat on in the upper left hand corner.  And I do agree with this one...........Imelda Marcos should have taken all her shoes and shove them up her...........you know..............

BlueMeanie

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »

Quote from: 1255
Imelda Marcos should have taken all her shoes and shove them up her...........you know..............

Now don't be shy. ;)

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 05:37:40 PM »

^^^^^^Oh no.........I want to be nice, I really do!!!

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »

Quote from: 1420
I'm so sorry i didn't know at all that there was a article about the Philippines because i'm kinda new here and i don't know a lot but thanks about letting me know about this. So the Beatles didn't really hate their fans in the Philippines, and about the Phil Harmonic orchestra i was very shocked about the revenge of Kevin.

Oh, Kevin is the peaceful type of guy.  8)  

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 09:52:41 PM »

Yeh it's okay i don't even like orchestras, hehe i don't like Imelda Marcos either she got all the money and she had lots of shoes, they were even put in a museum and the money she used was for more projects of our country.

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »

i really hate imelda marcos for doing that to the beatles.. well she was really the one in-charge during those times and not her husband.. one of the few reasons why i hate being a Filipino..

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »

You're right lennonian316 Imelda Marcos was the one in charge during Marcos' time of being a president, if she only didn't did that to the Beatles, the beatles would probably had liked their stay in the Philippines, and the rumors that came out on the newspapers " Beatles Snub First Family", it's not true some of them just did that so they could have their revenge. Very bad of them

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2008, 08:10:07 AM »

Lennonian316, and Colleengirl95 -- wow, that's a mouthful! -- I'd like to ask both of you, being that you're both from the Phillipines.... what is the general feeling towards the Beatles from the Filipino people?  We all know the story of the Beatles' ill-fated trip there in '66, but from your point of view, is there still (or has there ever been) a bad feeling towards the Beatles?  Are the Beatles a hated band in your country?  Or are the facts understood?  Are they considered heroes for defying the Marcoses?

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 09:28:21 AM »

The Beatles are not really hated by the Filipino people, there are also a lot of people who are into them here in the Philippines. It just so happens that the people here in the Philippines, misunderstood it all but people now don't actually look back to that happening so i asked about it in my class and to adults but they don't seem to know what really had happened except for people who really knew about The Beatles and were born at that time.I don't really know if Filipino people consider The Beatles their heroes for defying the Marcoses but i know Filipino people don't like the Marcoses that much because there was Martial Law, freedom of the Filipinos was taken they were not allowed to go out of their homes after 10:00 in the evening, Filipino people cannot even sit in their own porches or backyards if they are somehow seen by the presiden't henchmen they are actually put to jail. That was how it was before in the Philippines.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:46 AM »

Good grief, that's terrible. Overall, you can't ask fairer than saying "I don't know" except for the people who were there.

Lennonian316 and Colleengirl95, thanks for sharing your views.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 10:11:20 AM »

From Anthology:

mM4OJk9ihIY

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 01:42:08 AM »

So, I was wandering on the rest of the DM Beatles site, and I get to the interview section, somehow, and there was an interview when they just came back from the Philippines. They said that The Philippines is a terrible place, or something along those lines. I kinda wanna know why The Philippines is a terrible place, since I was there last summer visiting family, and everyone seemed all happy and nice and everything. My family, being all Filipinos, are pretty much obsessed with The Beatles.

As far as Imelda Marcos, she spent way too much on shoes. My daddy got mad at her for spending too much on shoes.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »

:( i feel sad whenever i see the interview, of course i feel sorry for Imelda Marcos she hadn't been good. My uncle too is a beatles fan and my dad as well. I was asked a lot of questions in America about The Beatles by my cousin and i didn't know that his acquaintance was a scout in the Philippine airport but i forgot to ask him about what happened in there.

Bobber

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 09:19:06 PM »

I found some pictures of The Beatles in the Philippines in Robert Whitakers book Eight Days A Week.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 04:04:56 AM »

*revives*

I think I found footage of The Beatles in the Philippines. It's really bad quality, but it's still footage, right?

3Y6Lg2maQPk

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »

Performing 'If I Needed Someone' I think? Yep, from Philippines.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 11:33:54 PM »

^Yeah. It's If I Needed Someone.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 12:28:17 AM »

Quote from: 1301
*revives*

I think I found footage of The Beatles in the Philippines. It's really bad quality, but it's still footage, right?

3Y6Lg2maQPk

^^^^Cool footage....................

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 08:42:59 AM »

Rizal Memorial Football stadium nice find Freakchic9!!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 83 queries.