Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Give My Regards To Broadstreet.  (Read 5300 times)

Re: Give My Regards To Broadstreet.
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 12:48:57 AM »

Quote from: The_End

It was the insult you added afterwards that prompted me to delete the post - in my opinion it was unprovoked.

What are you talking about? I see insult after insult on this site. What's the deal? And the "Gayness' of the Beatles is more acceptable? Are you friends with Wayne? Is he a Plant just to get people talking because I don't see anything of his getting edited? Would someone PM me with a site that has to do with the Beatles, this is a site that could be very cool, but there are issues. Thanks.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 02:32:54 AM »

Dwarf, I have deleted posts by other members too, not just yours - and, as I've said before, it was your abusive response to what was a very innocuous post that prompted me to remove it - in my opinion, those comments would have started another round of totally unecessary arguments.

But you're right, this site does have issues at the moment; with people all too easily getting involved in personal slanging matches. But despite my calls for some civility, the personal attacks continue on and on (and I'm not pointing the finger of blame at you in particular) and that is what prompted me to start removing certain comments by some members.

To be honest, in hindsight it was probably the wrong thing to do because it fixes nothing and only hides the underlying problem - if people don't want to live in peace, they wont.

As far as I'm concerned the matter is now closed and I bear no-one no ill. This can be a very cool site, which I'm sure you will soon find out if you stay.

AL (flower)

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 06:59:13 AM »

Quote from: The_End
Neither do I, so I'm open to suggestions. :-/

How about this:

"NO PERSONAL INSULTS or ATTACKS. DMs provides this site for our users to gather and discuss The Beatles in general. You are free to disagree with others, but if you stoop to personal abuse or attacks, your post(s) will be deleted. If you ARE insulted please report the post, but DO NOT retaliate."

Sadly enough the only rule needed here.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 04:48:31 PM »

Quote from: Kate

How about this:

"NO PERSONAL INSULTS or ATTACKS. DMs provides this site for our users to gather and discuss The Beatles in general. You are free to disagree with others, but if you stoop to personal abuse or attacks, your post(s) will be deleted. If you ARE insulted please report the post, but DO NOT retaliate."

Sadly enough the only rule needed here.

Thanks Kate - that is 100% on the mark as far as I am concerned - I will post that as a sticky.

Wayne L.

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 11:12:45 AM »

Give My Regards To Broadstreet looks like a masterpiece these days over 20 years later.  Paul must have been stoned thinking he was making a sequel AHDN & Help & his name was going to make it popular at the time.  

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 11:45:43 AM »

Ever notice that there's a scene that appears in both AHDN and GMRTBS - the scene where a soldier adds more tomato ketchup to his wound!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 02:33:28 AM »

For your viewing and listening pleasure...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1UnNmYP4M&amp;t=9s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1UnNmYP4M&amp;t=9s</a>

...in HD and STEREO sound.

icon_good
I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 48 queries.