Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paul playing secret gig in London TONIGHT!  (Read 4021 times)

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
Re: Paul playing secret gig in London TONIGHT!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

Quote from: 483

Bummer that you didn't get in Mac. What was the web site problem?

well, on the wednesday night, my friend in london called me to say about it and on the website it said 18+ only with ID! so i decided no i wouldn't go as i wouldn't get in! so she went and joined the queue over night, consisting of about 8 people all together!

the next morning they put up a sign outside saying 14+ with an adult! had they done that earlier it would have made it alot easier! so i thought, i must try, so hopped on a train at 11:30 which was a bit late as they started giving tickets out at 12:30! 1 and a half train journey there and then a cab to camden! i missed out on tickets by about 45 minutes! :( but they were all great there and were trying hard to get me a ticket!

On the Paul McCartney website, the footage from the london show, which starts with Paul playing dance tonight, just after u see abe the drummer, it cuts to my friend! :)

paul also winked to her during hey jude! not bad ay!

and cheers harihead (whats your real name by the way? :S), there will be a next time! there must be, i will be there no matter what! :D
There are 7 levels!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »

Argh, well, that explains the problem. It's nice that the people there tried so hard to be helpful. V. cool about your friend being in the vid-- and getting a wink! That's super.

My real name is Marie. But I do in fact have a hairy head. Cheers!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »

Tonight 7.30, Amoeba Records Store, Hollywood Los Angeles.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 03:47:44 AM »

He's doing this in LA tomorrow. Of course I can't go down and stand on line for the wristbands cuz I actually work for a living along with everyone else I know. I'm so p*ssed!!!!!!!!
Here's the info if anyone else lives in the LA area:

PAUL McCARTNEY SECRET SHOW - LOS ANGELES

Paul McCartney secret show - Wednesday night, 27th June at Amoeba Music in Los Angeles to celebrate the release of his new album 'Memory Almost Full'.

Limited number of free wristbands available from 12.30pm (LA local time) at Amoeba Music. First come, first served.

Doors for the show open at 6.30pm.

5 pairs of wristbands are to be given away through www.paulmccartney.com - please check the news section for details.

Amoeba Music
6400 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
www.amoebamusic.com

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »

well its not really a secret if people know all the details is it? ... ;D  :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »

With the technology of today, word spreads even faster. So its hard to keep a lid on it. He never had that probably during the Wings University tour of 1971 to 1972.

legthi

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »

Quote from: 216
He's doing this in LA tomorrow. Of course I can't go down and stand on line for the wristbands cuz I actually work for a living along with everyone else I know. I'm so p*ssed!!!!!!!!
Here's the info if anyone else lives in the LA area:

PAUL McCARTNEY SECRET SHOW - LOS ANGELES

Paul McCartney secret show - Wednesday night, 27th June at Amoeba Music in Los Angeles to celebrate the release of his new album 'Memory Almost Full'.

Limited number of free wristbands available from 12.30pm (LA local time) at Amoeba Music. First come, first served.

Doors for the show open at 6.30pm.

5 pairs of wristbands are to be given away through www.paulmccartney.com - please check the news section for details.

Amoeba Music
6400 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
www.amoebamusic.com

Oh, it's a shame we all missed these! I would have killed to go to the London one. However, they are giving free tickets away on Pauls website to a gig in London, where all you have to do is register and they pull your names out of a hat (its a I-tunes festival gig?), which i did as i luve in England.
Do you live in the LA area then Sandra?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 09:36:50 PM »

I've been avoiding reading this thread as I was in Cyprus at the time!! :(

I would DEFINITELY have been there in my tent the night before! ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »

So apparently RINGO was in the audience last night at the Sunset Strip show.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 07:41:38 PM »

Yes, Sandra. I read a squeeing entry from a user on another board who sat right behind him and Barbara. Also, Jeff Lynne was there, several people down. She promised to post pictures from her (cell phone?) camera. Apparently, they all had a really good time!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »

Quote from: 551
Yes, Sandra. I read a squeeing entry from a user on another board who sat right behind him and Barbara. Also, Jeff Lynne was there, several people down. She promised to post pictures from her (cell phone?) camera. Apparently, they all had a really good time!

Joe Walsh was there too. They were playing McCartney a lot on the radio today taunting me that I didn't get to go!! I heard he played Let It Be, Drive My Car, I've Got a Feeling, and Blackbird. Among other songs. Lucky people.

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »

a friend of mine was at the LA show aswell! :)

i think i saw a Paul McCartney look alike guy outside the london gig!

tonight a friend from his show he is doing now might be calling me to let me hear a bit of it! :)
There are 7 levels!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 65 queries.