Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: teary eyed  (Read 1623 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
teary eyed
« on: July 25, 2022, 10:39:00 PM »

I didn't get teary eyed when anthology came out, loved it, thought it was cool to release so much stuff but didn't get overly emotional.

Since November, my fandom has gone up.  Impossible you say?  Yesterday, I rewatched Rick Beato's take on the Get Back docu.  That was fun to rewatch another fanatic's excitement about the boys.  Then I lost myself for probably half an hour reading viewers comments , debating greatness of the Beatles.  So many comments.  So much love for the band.  Some things I hadn't thought a lot about, some things I had.  Great time, like I said, losing myself in it for a while.

Loving this high on the Beatles that is 8 months in, going to put on Get Back again for another viewing soon.  Looking forward to it. 

Anyone else have excitement boosted by Get Back and enjoying things differently/more since?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: teary eyed
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 01:22:16 AM »

I know what you mean BLM. The Get Back movie really resparked my fandom.  It was just so good getting all that material and seeing the Beatles in so many new interactions. I’ve heard some push back from people now that Peter Jackson’s film was edited in a way that was sometimes misleading. And that’s probably true. I don’t think that film is necessarily the definitive representation of the sessions. But it was still amazing to watch.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 01:44:08 AM »

I know what you mean BLM. The Get Back movie really resparked my fandom.  It was just so good getting all that material and seeing the Beatles in so many new interactions. I’ve heard some push back from people now that Peter Jackson’s film was edited in a way that was sometimes misleading. And that’s probably true. I don’t think that film is necessarily the definitive representation of the sessions. But it was still amazing to watch.

The overall feeling I got from Get Back was one of "It was over"
None but Paul seemed genuinely interested. None but Paul wanted to do the live show. George quit and had to be cajoled into coming back. Ringo looked completely bored. John was only really interested in Yukko and seemingly Allen Klien.
Yes there was some funny moments but overall they were done.

Paul brought the best songs, LIB, TLAWR, Get Back, Two Of Us, George's 2 were quite poor, a 12 bar blues and I Me Mine. John's Across The Universe was great but that was it imo.

I got the feeling that Billy Preston saved the day. If he hadn't turned up it may have fallen apart.
So yeah it was great to be a fly on the wall during my favourite bands recording an album but I wish it had been a happier one with more enthusiasm, Rubber Soul maybe.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 03:10:59 AM »

Since November, my fandom has gone up.

It has fanned the flames of my fandom as well. I wish I could go back and experience it all again for the first time. Subsequent viewings have been nice, but nothing beats that first time.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 08:20:20 AM »

The overall feeling I got from Get Back was one of "It was over"
None but Paul seemed genuinely interested. None but Paul wanted to do the live show. George quit and had to be cajoled into coming back. Ringo looked completely bored. John was only really interested in Yukko and seemingly Allen Klien.
Yes there was some funny moments but overall they were done.

Paul brought the best songs, LIB, TLAWR, Get Back, Two Of Us, George's 2 were quite poor, a 12 bar blues and I Me Mine. John's Across The Universe was great but that was it imo.

I got the feeling that Billy Preston saved the day. If he hadn't turned up it may have fallen apart.
So yeah it was great to be a fly on the wall during my favourite bands recording an album but I wish it had been a happier one with more enthusiasm, Rubber Soul maybe.

Definitely they were on the downward slide. But there was enough good stuff when they got it together (once Billy comes in) to satisfy me. But yeah how good would be a similar amount of film of them doing Rubber Soul or Revolver. 

Page created in 0.503 seconds with 44 queries.