Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour Russian Digipak  (Read 2073 times)

Magical Mystery Tour Russian Digipak
« on: May 12, 2005, 04:36:24 AM »

Anyone know anything about the Russian CD pressings? I bought MMT on Ebay from a guy in Las Vegas, won it for $10.50 and it sounds incredible. I've been trying to get the German pressing on disc for a long time because it is the only true stereo pressing, but listening to this, it sure sounds like true stereo. I did a Google search but couldn't find anything about it. The digipak is very cool, it folds out and has a pocket with the booklet/lyrics. If anyone has a clue, please fill me in.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
Re: Magical Mystery Tour Russian Digipak
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:11:36 PM »

I remember Dandee made a topic about those russian digipacks, with pictures and links to buy the cds.
Ive tried to find the topic but the 'search' function doesnt seem to work in this forum

---powered by Moondogs®---

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 11:43:46 PM »

I can't say enough good things about them. You really do hear things you didn't hear before, and I've listened to MMT many hundreds of times over. I got the Unsurpassed Masters Series last year (Russian pressing) and they sound great-even has the old demos in stereo, and bought a 'twofer' 'Walls/Bridges and Some Time in NYC' for cheap, but the true Stereo MMT is just a knockout.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:02:38 AM »

you meant russian Bootleg,
amusing-proves in it are the Russians well in it.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 11:57:07 AM »

The standard EMI CD IS in true stereo. As far as I'm aware, only US vinyl copies of the album contained some fake stereo mixes... unless I'm missing your point entirely! It was issued as a double EP here in the UK in both stereo and mono - in the US, extra tracks were added to pad it out to an album's worth of material.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 11:44:10 PM »

Quote from: Mister_Lennon
you meant russian Bootleg,
amusing-proves in it are the Russians well in it.

That's the one. Only the German pressing was in TRUE stereo. I have the standard pressing and it doesn't hold a candle. I'm waiting for the Dr. Ebbets CD of MMT from the German release, but I have a feeling the Russian pressing is a copy of it. The fidelity is brilliant.  Alot of Russian releases suck--mainly the 'twofers', but there's some great stuff out there.

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 46 queries.