Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Beatles 1+ Audio and Video  (Read 24228 times)

KelMar

Re: Beatles One Video Collection
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 03:58:20 AM »

This'll be good!!!

Yeah! I can hardly wait. Unfortunately I can't pre order it but I should be able to get it shortly after it comes out. I'm springing for the (fairly) fast shipping too!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 04:34:18 AM »

I pre-ordered and took the free shipping option.  I can wait till mid-November.

I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 04:45:05 AM »

^^^
I feel better now. :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 04:49:48 AM »

A little preview...

http://youtu.be/BGLGzRXY5Bw?list=PL0jp-uZ7a4g8rH1IctYya7Pt4xXTy3pGy

I started a thread about Nicky Hopkins last month.  I guess no one saw it.  But I'll post this video of him performing Revolution with The Spongetones in 1984 once again...

http://youtu.be/bnvcIeyJ3RA
44:30

Nicky Hopkins, the man behind the piano on The Beatles' Revolution.

KelMar

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 05:17:21 AM »

Ah, yes, I missed that thread but now I see he was the one responsible for that great piano on one of my favorite Stones songs. It was nice how he stopped to sign that girl's album even though he had to catch a plane. I'm sure the Spongetones were thrilled to have him sit in. It's sad that he was gone so young.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 06:52:07 PM »

Yes, he was someone special Kelley. 

Let's hear his piano track on that Rolling Stones song...

http://youtu.be/7X6u1vYwoCc

KelMar

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 11:19:30 PM »

Yes, he was someone special Kelley. 

Let's hear his piano track on that Rolling Stones song...

http://youtu.be/7X6u1vYwoCc

That's so nice. I'm glad you mentioned him again, Barry.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »

Wow, I never knew he played piano on Revolution!  Love his work with the Stones, especially Wild Horses

KelMar

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »

Love his work with the Stones, especially Wild Horses

I'm seeing a pattern here. That's another song on my not-real-long list of Stones songs that I love.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 04:10:22 AM »

I'm seeing a pattern here. That's another song on my not-real-long list of Stones songs that I love.

A few months ago I sorta rediscovered Wild Horses and how good it is (this happens with Beatle songs too - Penny Lane was my all time fave for years, now it's You Never Give Me Your Money).

For what it's worth my top 10 Stones songs:

Wild Horses
Monkey Man
Hot Stuff
Fool To Cry
Angie
Rocks Off
Sweet Virginia
Tumblin' Dice
Jigsaw Puzzle
Gimme Shelter

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2015, 05:03:25 AM »

^

Nicky Hopkins played piano on all of those songs with the exception of Hot Stuff.  Billy Preston played piano on that one.

http://youtu.be/Zrpj4fOPEjs

http://youtu.be/TzRtSxrWj4o

War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

I tell you love, sister, it's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:18:58 AM by Hello Goodbye »

KelMar

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2015, 05:07:25 AM »

A few months ago I sorta rediscovered Wild Horses and how good it is

I just heard that this afternoon. It really is a wonderful song with very meaningful lyrics...and great piano! There's a few songs on your list that I don't know but will make sure to check out.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »

The latest Mojo has given '1' a fantastic three page review.
Friday 6th November will be a bit of a red letter day what with this and the Dylan '65/'66 stuff coming out as well.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 03:59:10 AM »

Friday 6th November will be a bit of a red letter day what with this and the Dylan '65/'66 stuff coming out as well.

Thanks for the reminder oldbrownshoe.  I just pre-ordered The Cutting Edge 1965 - 1966: The Bootleg Series Vol. 12...The 6 CD Deluxe Edition.

giveawaychord

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 02:24:31 AM »

Hi, I'm the new kid on the block, I've just introduced myself, and this is going to be my first post.

The latest Mojo has given '1' a fantastic three page review.

Did I miss it somehow? I've bought Mojo and found a 24-pages-section on the Beatles, but didn't see a detailed review of '1+'. They had a talk with Michael Lindsay-Hogg on the videos (an excerpt from a book, really) and detailed reviews of the 27 number ones. What I found unbelievable, however, is that they missed what is for me the most sensational aspect of this release. Quoting Beatles.com:

The 27-track audio CD is also being made available with new stereo mixes. A 2 LP, 180-gram vinyl package will follow.

A remix from the original multitracks, that's how I understand it. Not the remasters of 2009. When they published the remastered '1' album, they used the 2009 remastered versions and that is state of the art. So why a new release?

In 1999, there was Yellow Submarine Songtrack, and that was a first test: Would the die-hard fans, more or less well-to-do baby boomers, accept remixes? Or would there be an outcry of 'sacrilege!'? If I remember correctly, there was no outcry. Many even said that the remixed tracks were considerably more transparent and dynamic and an improvement. So now they are giving it a new try, and this time they aim at the heart of the market. Twenty-seven number one hits is as popular as you can get, and these songs surely bridge the gap between generations (for Apple: new young fans will pass on the torch!). If new remixes of the Beatles' most popular tunes meet with near to universal acclaim, that will open the flood gates (that's my guess) and we will see the whole catalogue remixed in due time.

Don't you think that's exciting? If Yellow Submarine and Eleanor Rigby from the Songtrack are something to go by, we'll be treated to first class remixes of fantastic songs (of course there's not much they can do with the first two-track singles).

KelMar

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 03:48:47 AM »

The previews are getting shorter!

http://youtu.be/QsX9Pq0G41A

This is the second Beatles video I watched when I discovered they were on YouTube. I couldn't get over how they looked; so cute and funny.

KelMar

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 12:36:56 AM »

Would the die-hard fans, more or less well-to-do baby boomers, accept remixes? Or would there be an outcry of 'sacrilege!'? If I remember correctly, there was no outcry. Many even said that the remixed tracks were considerably more transparent and dynamic and an improvement. So now they are giving it a new try, and this time they aim at the heart of the market. Twenty-seven number one hits is as popular as you can get, and these songs surely bridge the gap between generations (for Apple: new young fans will pass on the torch!). If new remixes of the Beatles' most popular tunes meet with near to universal acclaim, that will open the flood gates (that's my guess) and we will see the whole catalogue remixed in due time.

We all know there will be another Apple re-re-re-re-re-release if this #1 re-re-release LP sells well.

I actually find it sacrilegious, since I grew up with the 1973 EMI Red & Blue Greatest Hits LPs, but that’s just me.
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

real01

• Getting Better
1+ video/audio collection album
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »

So, the collection of their videos (remastered & restored) has been issued, together with audio CD:

Showcasing the band’s filmed work to accompany their 27 No.1, U.K. and U.S. singles, The Beatles 1 is newly restored and expanded in multiple configurations for global release on November 6 by Apple Corps Ltd/UMG.

The 27-track CD/DVD and CD/Blu-ray pairs beautifully restored videos for each song, with new stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS HD surround audio mixes. The brand new Beatles 1+ celebrates their career in over 200 minutes through 50 promotional films and videos. This includes the 27 No.1s, with the restored videos, along with a second disc of 23 videos, including alternate versions, as well as rarely seen and newly restored films and videos; all include new audio mixes in deluxe CD/2-DVD and CD/2-Blu-ray packages. The 27-track audio CD is also being made available with new stereo mixes. A 2 LP, 180-gram vinyl package will follow.

http://www.thebeatles.com/node/13738

The edition has various formats: you can order just CD (which is the cheapest), 1 DVD - or you can go for 'de luxe' edition which has 1 CD and 2 DVDs (or 1 CD 2 Blue Ray discs) + booklet and bonus material.

On their official channel, they've gave us some videos to view/hear. Check this out:

! No longer available

At 1:52 (where the orchestra's crescendos begin), you will notice that piano is audible thru the crescendo and the whole thing sounds more pleasant to ears, more musical.
(The same goes for the second crescendo also.) I just went: Oh wow! Oh man! That's fantastic!

Compare it to the 2009 remasters - where you have more noise, piano is not audible and the whole thing sounds less enjoyable for listening.

! No longer available

(I just love to hear my favourite band sound different on the songs which I love so much!)

I don't have the album in my hand (yet), but I hope to get it. Maybe Santa Claus surprises me for Christmas.  icon_cool
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:02:51 PM by real01 »

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
Re: 1+ video/audio collection album
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 07:40:01 PM »

3 days to go.

Same with 007 James Bond's Spectre!   icon_king
Beatles music gives me Eargasms
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.697 seconds with 77 queries.