Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: What About LOVE?  (Read 19585 times)

Bobber

Re: What About LOVE?
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 08:44:03 AM »

Quote from: 373
Well, I broke down and finally bought it, and it p*sses me off that it sounds so good because their entire catalog needs remastered.

Absolutely agree with you here, tkitna. A shame it hasn't been done. This is the year 2006, it needs to be done.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2006, 09:30:09 AM »

I agree. And not only do the regular CDs sound like crap, the covers/booklets look like crap too.

sregis

• A Beginning
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »

Quote from: 63

Absolutely agree with you here, tkitna. A shame it hasn't been done. This is the year 2006, it needs to be done.

2006??  we'll be lucky if it happens in the next year.  i'll go out on a limb and predict late '07- it's the final beatles frontier...that and availing the music for download.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2006, 04:22:26 PM »

Plus the stuff they couldn't get on Anthology. Like Carnival Of light, etc.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Bobber

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2006, 06:35:08 PM »

Quote from: 344

2006??  we'll be lucky if it happens in the next year.  i'll go out on a limb and predict late '07- it's the final beatles frontier...that and availing the music for download.

I just meant that after such a long time, it's about time they start remastering the stuff.

Bobber

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »

Quote from: 139
Plus the stuff they couldn't get on Anthology. Like Carnival Of light, etc.

I think that whatever's not on Anthology, is on bootlegs.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:01 PM »

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2006, 09:32:12 PM »

There must be some stuff left, such as in the discussion we had that Raxo reminds us of. And, many takes of songs are in the vaults. As long as there's money in releasing them, there might always be releases of these takes in time.
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2006, 09:40:25 PM »

Sad to say in a day like today *sigh*  :'(...

... but having Olivia (instead of George - always reluctant) and Yoko (instead of John - usualley disowning) approving projects with Paul (the fan number one of the guys) and Ringo (who -I think- is longing for the good old days) everything could happen ... now that we've got Giles!  ;D

P.S. But I doubt it: they didn't like to repeat themselves  :-/ ...

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »

Interesting to see what will happen with Giles.

I suppose the rest of the albums will be remastered at some point in the next few years. They got the two slightly disappointing albums remastered and tidied up already. The rest are bound to follow.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2006, 07:36:26 AM »

I don't think any of the outtakes that didn't make the Anthology CDs will be officially released in the future... Cause how on earth are they ever going to promote that?

"When it was recorded in the 60s, it wasn't good enough to be released... When we released 6 1/2 hours of outtakes in the 90s, it still wasn't good enough... But NOW we're finally trying to sell it to you... So get it NOW!"

Bobber

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2006, 08:09:52 AM »

Quote from: 56
I don't think any of the outtakes that didn't make the Anthology CDs will be officially released in the future... Cause how on earth are they ever going to promote that?

"When it was recorded in the 60s, it wasn't good enough to be released... When we released 6 1/2 hours of outtakes in the 90s, it still wasn't good enough... But NOW we're finally trying to sell it to you... So get it NOW!"

Spot on. "Here's the leftovers from the leftovers!" It might be interesting for us as fans, tho.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2006, 09:12:19 AM »

One show is promoting their last album (remixes made by producers) ... maybe a new soundtrack for a new documentary made by other people in the future?  ??) ... busyNess, y'know: now there are only two of the members alive, so ...

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2006, 11:35:56 AM »

Quote from: 63

Spot on. "Here's the leftovers from the leftovers!" It might be interesting for us as fans, tho.

Come to think of it, you might well be right. After all, the Anthology albums were more like something for the hardcore fans. I wonder how many people went out to buy it thinking it would be something like complete songs right through, like the 1 album. The fact that there's talking and incomplete tracks and bits of things for interest makes it much more like something for the hard core fans. Some people might have been disappointed after spending that money. Perhaps the best way to release it in future for the hardcore fans, if they ever do, would be to make it available for download on the net for a price.
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2006, 11:47:19 AM »

You've answered yourself  ;): those albums (and book and DVDs and packs of American LPs and ... well, everything) were so expensive that only fans bought them (huge sales, by the way  8))... so they keep releasing stuff (Yoko's doing too) because the fans buy it ... don't worry about that: there'll be enough fans to buy whatever they'll released ("1" album and Anthologies were very success, y'know)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »

Of course a 'leftovers of the leftovers' compilation would still sell a few million copies, but it would just not be very stylish to release that. And so far the Beatles discography has been threated with an enormous amount of respect if you compare it to, for instance, the Elvis and Beach Boys discographies. The last thirty years the pointless low budget Beach Boys compilations have been released by the dozens because Capitol will license their songs to just about anybody. I'm glad that EMI is much more careful with what's being released of the Beatles.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2006, 05:19:49 PM »

If they ever intended on releasing any more Anthology style CD's, they'd have done it by now. I don't think there's much more they can do without repeating themselves.

As for Carnival Of Light, I'm sure I remember reading that it was slated for the Anthology series, but was unanimously vetoed! The only other thing of interest I can think of is the fabled 27 minute 'Yer Blues'. I've yet to read about or meet anybody who's actually heard this!

I'd like to see a good live compilation. There must be an awful lot that they can do with the tapes now, that they couldn't do years ago. And a complete Rooftop concert.

Neil Aspinal publicly stated earlier this year that the remasters were done. It's just a question of when to release them. They'll let Love on it's own for a few months, so my prediction is for around April for the first 2 or 3 cd's. Culminating at Xmas with the Let It Be DVD. You know how Apple likes an anniversary: 20 years since the cd's were first issued.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2006, 07:41:32 PM »

Quote from: 56
I'm glad that EMI is much more careful with what's being released of the Beatles.
Me too  :) ...

... about releasing vetoed songs as Carnival Of Light and all that: we should remember that it was George who usually vetoed them ... and the 3 of them din't record more songs than two because George didn't want to ... but now he's not longer with us ... I hope that this was not a difference but ... who knows?

Bobber

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2006, 08:22:59 AM »

Quote from: 483
The only other thing of interest I can think of is the fabled 27 minute 'Yer Blues'. I've yet to read about or meet anybody who's actually heard this!

I think you mean Helter Skelter here. And what about the myth of Etcetera?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

There is a longer version of "Revolution #1" though with more of John's screams of "all right" (some of which can be heard on Revolution #9).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 73 queries.