Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John is Paul as Paul is George as George is John and they are all together...  (Read 2318 times)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

This topic points to songs from the Beatles solo careers that show similarities in style and/or sound with usual recordings by another Beatle.

John is Paul:

! No longer available

John is George:

! No longer available

Paul is John:

! No longer available
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

Paul is George:

! No longer available

George is John:

! No longer available

George is Paul:

! No longer available

KelMar

Neat topic Andrés!

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

Neat topic Andrés!

Thanks Kelley!

By the way, I didn't mean to leave Ringo out; I just didn't compare him with other Beatles, but someone else can do that!

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023

Great thread. I cant recall hearing No Words before. It really does sound like a George song.

KelMar

Great thread. I cant recall hearing No Words before. It really does sound like a George song.

Denny Laine has a co-writing credit on that one. It does sound like George and so does Denny:

I'm kind of an odd-job man in this group. I look on Band On The Run as definitely their album. We're not a group anymore. I'm one of the three or I'm an individual. If it was Wings, I'd feel more a part of it. But it's not my songs and I'd like to feel more involved and contribute as much as they do. I did write one of the songs on the album and Paul helped me out with it. I'd like to do more like that.
Beatles Bible

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages

Denny Laine has a co-writing credit on that one. It does sound like George and so does Denny:

I'm kind of an odd-job man in this group. I look on Band On The Run as definitely their album. We're not a group anymore. I'm one of the three or I'm an individual. If it was Wings, I'd feel more a part of it. But it's not my songs and I'd like to feel more involved and contribute as much as they do. I did write one of the songs on the album and Paul helped me out with it. I'd like to do more like that.
Beatles Bible

Yes, maybe it's more a Denny Laine's song than a Paul's theme; but I considered it just because it's part of Paul's catalog.

Moreover, Denny's words confirm my belief that Wings was basically Paul solo instead of a true band project, at least at that period in 1973.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:00:35 PM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 51 queries.