Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Why did John become a God?  (Read 16221 times)

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
Re: Why did John become a God?
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2007, 12:03:56 AM »

I much prefer the drug abusing, chain smoking, paranoid, cynical, self obsessed, bisexual, witty, generous, sharp tongued, cruel master-songwriter

I couldn't agree with you more.

---

Although Mccartney does come off as being fake and all smiles, I reckon he could have been as big of a bastard as Lennon. Although Lennon & Mccartney's mutual respect for one another was channeled through their passion for music, they both gelled as people. There are plenty of interviews, TV clips and extracts from source material to suggest that Mccartney could be just as selfish, sardonic & imperious as Lennon.  

Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2007, 12:13:50 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty sad how John was full of troubles in his life. His first son came in the innapropiated moment, during the Beatlemania, and he doesn't have a real father in John. Another terrible moment was when Yoko losted her pregnancy during 1969, and later the infamous 'lost weekend'. It seems like John has many moments of pain in his life and for Paul almost all was shiny and bright. I'm sad for John sometimes.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

I get the feeling that Lennon was quite a bastard because of his hurt throughout his life,
but McCartney just seems a bit of a twat because of his success? :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2007, 03:57:50 PM »

LOL! Andy, I love you. (And the Beatles, too.)

Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

• A Beginning
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 04:37:39 AM »

He just keeps chasing John's memory.  He has been validated.  He 'discovered' John Cage and the other Avant Garde before John.  Just doesn't get the credit because he's not dead.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

BlueMeanie

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 06:51:03 AM »

I wonder if Lennon would be revered with such God like status if he had died a more natural death, rather than being murdered?

It's interesting to see that very few people that have come here think of John Lennon as some kind of God. This opinion of him seems to be pretty much the reserve of 'non Beatles fans'. That is: they love Lennon, think McCartney is a twat, and think Ringo can't play the drums. Whereas, every Beatles fan I have ever known respects McCartney for his musicianship, knows that Ringo was essential to The Beatles, and a very fine drummer, and knows that Lennon's wasn't perfect.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »

Quote from: 551
LOL! Andy, I love you. (And the Beatles, too.)

Cheers.

And i love you too HariHead! (AND GEORGIE!) ;)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »

Quote from: 614
I get the feeling that Lennon was quite a bastard because of his hurt throughout his life,
but McCartney just seems a bit of a twat because of his success? :-/

Ha.
But I think we should remember that these men were products of their place and time. Cyn says that she didn't consider John's behaviour extraordinary at the time because that is how she expected a northern working class man to behave. Caring, nuturing men who involved themselves with their childs upbringing and their partners emotional wellbeing would have been very much the exception rather than the norm. If they were ars*holes (by our standards), then there's a good chance that had nothing to do with dead mothers or success.
The emotional distance, self containment and callousness they all seemed capable of does seem remarkable by todays standards, but these were not reconstructed metrosexuals. The only time my own dad (from Toxteth) showed anything of his inner feelings was when he was either talking about Liverpool FC or shouting.
don't follow leaders

The walrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2007, 09:02:39 AM »

paul was possesive, controlling, jeolous, egotistical, unfaithful, a womanizer ect. he also abandoned his first child wanting nothing to do with him, poor kid, and treated that childs mother like sh*t. yeh paul was just perfect. people don't see the bastard side of him but they're ready to point out Johns. atleast John tried to do the right thing by marrying cyn.  

I still like Paul though :) but he might of been even more a bastard then John.
&quot;We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.&quot; <br />- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2007, 09:32:44 AM »

Quote from: 696
paul was possesive, controlling, jeolous, egotistical, unfaithful, a womanizer ect. he also abandoned his first child wanting nothing to do with him, poor kid, and treated that childs mother like sh*t. yeh paul was just perfect. people don't see the bastard side of him but they're ready to point out Johns. atleast John tried to do the right thing by marrying cyn.  

I still like Paul though :) but he might of been even more a bastard then John.

True. The only reason John's personality is coming under such scrutiny is the yawning gap between the general public perception and reality. Paul has no such mystique.
don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2007, 11:26:08 AM »

This quote from John about meeting Elvis I find a bit haunting: "We couldn't stand not doing personal appearances, we'd get bored - we get bored quickly." And less than a year later they stopped. John always looks like he's enjoying himself on stage, even on the final tour. I wish he'd kept his own advise.
don't follow leaders

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »

Percieved wisdom^.

I believe you were a fool for believing the "Lennon is God" bit in the past and a fool for believing the "Lennon is Dog" bit now.

Do I make myself clear?

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »

Quote from: 696
paul was possesive, controlling, jeolous, egotistical, unfaithful, a womanizer ect. he also abandoned his first child wanting nothing to do with him, poor kid, and treated that childs mother like sh*t. yeh paul was just perfect.

I'm confussed?? :-/

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2007, 02:50:39 PM »

Quote from: 483
I wonder if Lennon would be revered with such God like status if he had died a more natural death, rather than being murdered?

No. Look at Marilyn Monroe and James Dean. If they lived to be fat and old we'd never even hear their names. But the Beatles legend thing would still exist so he'd be revered in some way or other. That and he was incredibly loved by people. Or by what he gave them. It's just the tragic element to his death that's hard to swallow so people compensate by putting him on some other worldly plane.

BTW, what's with the bisexual thing. He always denied it. Do we not believe him?
Also, what kid did Paul abandon?? As far as I know his girlfriend never had the kid and he was also ready to marry her at some point.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2007, 10:13:59 PM »

Quote from: 216
Also, what kid did Paul abandon?? As far as I know his girlfriend never had the kid and he was also ready to marry her at some point.

That's what confused me! :-/

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2007, 10:40:10 PM »

No. Look at Marilyn Monroe and James Dean. If they lived to be fat and old we'd never even hear their names.

Maybe, but they didn't. I wish this board would concentrate on what is rather that what if. What if's are completely redundant.

I shall now resist from posting or reading on these silly threads, they are full of stupid gossip monkeys.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »

wtf paul abandoned a child ?  :o i thought he just had a few girlfriends and then settled down with linda ? ,ill need to do some more reading up on them any good suggestions for a book ?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2007, 02:19:53 AM »

Quote from: 779

Maybe, but they didn't. I wish this board would concentrate on what is rather that what if. What if's are completely redundant.

I shall now resist from posting or reading on these silly threads, they are full of stupid gossip monkeys.

It's human nature to wonder "what if." Like, what if you hadn't responded to this thread or what if you had refrained from calling people stupid gossip monkeys for no apparent reason. I can't help but wonder about things like that. Sorry.

The walrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2007, 02:46:39 AM »

No not Dot (if thats who you mean) another one called Anita and his son is called Philip I read it here

http://sentstarr.tripod.com/beatgirls/anita.html

and it says the sources on the bottom of the page so it must be true.

&quot;We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.&quot; <br />- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2007, 04:43:50 AM »

I would think this would be bigger news if it were true. I also believe Paul would acknowledge any child he had if he knew it was really his.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.757 seconds with 84 queries.