Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatlemania Album  (Read 6313 times)

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
Beatlemania Album
« on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:58 AM »

Hey, I'm not buying or selling anything but I'm wondering if any of you know how much it would be worth?  It's from 1963 and it was the first Beatles album to be released in North America.  After a while it was changed to just "With The Beatles" to be consistant with the UK released.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Re: Beatlemania Album
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:13:51 AM »

Capitol's Canadian affiliate issued at least three unique LPs before synchronizing its releases with its American parent, and they were still in print as late as the end of the seventies. Beatlemania is really just With The Beatles with a slightly different cover. I've no idea what it's worth, though.

More info about Canadian releases here:

http://www.math.mcgill.ca/rags/music/beatcan.html

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:59 PM »

Yeah, I have all 3 of those, nearly mint condition too.  My dad is going to give me his Beatles collection when I move out so I was curious as to what I (or um, he does) have.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »

There's one for sale on eBay with a starting bid of 8.99 USD.

Beatlemania! With the Beatles was The Beatles' first album released in Canada, as well as the first album of their material released anywhere in North America. The recording is exactly the same as The Beatles' second album released in the United Kingdom, With the Beatles, except for additional text being applied to the album's cover.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:58 PM »

Thanks Bobber!

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »

I've seen another site selling it for 80 USD by the way, for a copy in mint condition.

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »

Quote from: 63
There's one for sale on eBay with a starting bid of 8.99 USD.

Beatlemania! With the Beatles was The Beatles' first album released in Canada, as well as the first album of their material released anywhere in North America. The recording is exactly the same as The Beatles' second album released in the United Kingdom, With the Beatles, except for additional text being applied to the album's cover.

Is this true by the way?

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »

^ It didn't quite ring true for me, either, but apparently Introducing The Beatles wasn't released until January 1964. Beatlemania came out in December of 1963.

http://www.math.mcgill.ca/rags/music/beatcan.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introducing..._The_Beatles

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »

In fact, Canada had two albums out before the US caught on. The Canadian albums seem to have an even more bizarre track listing than the US ones.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 05:36:27 PM »

they definately do.  Those albums are what I grew up listening to so I'm more or less use to it but when I got my box-set (the American albums) it seemed weird to me LOL.  I think I saw Beatlemania in a store downtown this morning so on my way home I'll check back there.  Would anybody know anything about the other two mentioned on the McGill site (Long Tall Sally and Twist and Shout)?  I have both of those too.

Man I'm glad that my dad's kept all his albums since he was like 12!

Just a thought here, the Wikipedia article mentions it's the most counterfitted album, could it be that I have a fake?

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:28:01 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was rereleased around 1980. If your copy is from the early sixties, you are almost certain to have an original copy. I always thought the most counterfeited album was VeeJay's Introducing The Beatles by the way.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
    • le blog
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 05:47:15 PM »

Ok thanks :)

Thanks for all of your help guys!

Page created in 0.629 seconds with 55 queries.