Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: McCartney, 1970  (Read 1750 times)

SgtSkelter

• A Beginning
McCartney, 1970
« on: November 18, 2004, 07:44:37 AM »

I am completely in love with this album. I think it's Paul masterpiece of his whole career, especially since he wrote and performed EVERYTHING himself. I think that's completely awesome.

My favorite songs are Singalong Junk and Junk (because of the melody... it is one of his best), Maybe I'm Amazed (I still can't believe he did that one by himself, I always thought it was him and wings), Ooo You, Hot As Sun Glasses, and... basically the whole album...

Genius. Pure Genius.

Anyone agree?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: McCartney, 1970
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 11:18:20 AM »

well you forgot to metion linda.she helped....

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 01:51:08 PM »

Its an ok album, but to call it his masterpiece of his whole career is reaching in my opinion. The four tracks production alone kills the album. I still say its incredible that 'Maybe I'm Amazed' came from this album, as its so, so, so much better (composition and sound wise) than anything else on the record. But, i'm happy to see you really enjoy it Sgt. as it doesnt seem to get much respect.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 03:20:54 PM »

I love the album but I don't think it's Paul's masterpiece. Junk is my favorite track :)

---powered by Moondogs®---

SgtSkelter

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:55:05 PM »

ok, sure... calling it his masterpiece was a stretch, but I still think it's better than almost everything he did solo (except for a bunch of the wings stuff)...

PC, I thought Linda only did some minor harmonies.... Did she do more than that?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 01:37:47 AM »

minor harmonies correct but you said everything himself...as terrible as she was at music she still deserves some credit.....

SgtSkelter

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 06:07:58 AM »

Very true. I just didn't think she played that big a role to get a minor mention from a fan  ;D

But yeah, I guess she deserves it.

Wayne L.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 08:32:48 PM »

I think the album McCartney sums up the way Paul has been as a solo artist & with Wings for over 30 years.  I wouldn't call it a masterpiece at all even though it is by today's standards but there is some great music on it. 

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 09:10:18 PM »

Definately not his masterpiece in my opinion, but its incredible that he did it all himself.  Maybe Im amazed is a terrific song as is Junk, but other than that I thought many of the songs were rather forgettable

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 01:43:05 AM »

It's a great album but probably not his best. Definitley up there with Band On The Run, though, I would have to say.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 12:45:17 PM »

I like that album, however, I don't consider it his masterpiece. So I agree with the majority on that. My favourite Paul solo song is there, anyway. maybe I'm amazed. I think that's one of the best love songs ever (to me the best love song ever is "Something").
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 06:01:09 AM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1100763877,s=9 date=1100914985]It's a great album but probably not his best. Definitley up there with Band On The Run, though, I would have to say.[/quote]

thats one of my fav and uncle albert  ;D

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 01:25:33 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
Its an ok album, but to call it his masterpiece of his whole career is reaching in my opinion. The four tracks production alone kills the album. I still say its incredible that 'Maybe I'm Amazed' came from this album, as its so, so, so much better (composition and sound wise) than anything else on the record. But, i'm happy to see you really enjoy it Sgt. as it doesnt seem to get much respect.

I respect it very much and I consider it my favourite one most of the time. It's his less old-fashioned album.
John recorded some demos in 1970 (and were released as an album  ::) ) and I prefer McCartney's production (Paul neededn't Phil to record demos)

Page created in 0.846 seconds with 69 queries.