Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eagles  (Read 3194 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Eagles
« on: September 24, 2005, 05:18:24 PM »

I just saw them last night at the Staples Center, and they were amazing. I mean, I cannot believe how GREAT they sounded. They played for about three and a half hours. I liked when they took an intermission after the first hour, everyone sort of went awwww, so Don goes: "You go do your business and well do ours. We've got a lot of songs to play for you when we get back. Dang near everything we know!" I think they did. I can't think of one song I wanted to hear that they didn't play. Anyway, it's a great show to catch if you have the chance. They're playing 12 shows here. Glen Fry: "This is show 2 of 700 shows we're playing here at the Staples." The greatest moment for me was Joe Walsh doing Lifes Been Good. Awesome. I love his stuff. His Eagles and James Gang Stuff rule. Although Heartache Tonight had everyone up and singing too. Well, just thought I'd share. I know there aren't too many Eagles fans around here, but it WAS an excellent show!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Eagles
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 05:22:58 PM »

My Sister and Bro-In-Law saw them about a year or so ago. Everything is better live, but if I never hear another Eagles song again, with an exception or two, it would be just fine with me. They get a huge finger pointed at them for the Hell Freezes Over tour with the first $300.00 charge for seats. I think that set the ego standard for all of the outrageous ticket prices we have to pay to see a show these days.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 05:33:41 PM »

I suppose. but it was bound to happen. Look at those Cream tickets for the Garden and how much they're charging. I mean, this is the first generation of rock stars, they know they're worth the price. I didn't mind what I paid for the Eagles. They made sure they gave you your money's worth. I mean, you've got 4 singers here. Two of them doing a lot of solo stuff in addition. Plus, some tickets where only 25 bucks. I mean, bad seats, but they've got screens everywhere. Plus, they didn't sell tickets to the seats behind them. I thought that was pretty cool.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 07:02:17 PM »

That's the thing with the income of album-selling going down, due to downloading and copying. Maybe the only way for an artist or band is by playing live and earn a lot of money on that.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 07:55:56 PM »

the eagles always were great...they use to be linda ronstats back up band...they are the musicians on love is a rose.i think they were called the stone pony band.
they were always about acoustics and harmony...all b4 joe walsh happened by...why even jackson browne and timothy b smidt did stints in the early eagles.they can't be beat on the plithera of peaceful easy love tunes they did....i can think of about 30.....i say more power to them...and to you people out there to...

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:51:36 PM »

$300 Million + for 4 months work. That's the kind of summer job I need. Their old Bass player got rooked on these gigs.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 11:53:53 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Everything is better live, but if I never hear another Eagles song again, with an exception or two, it would be just fine with me.

Thank you JR as I feel the same way. My favorite couple of Eagle tunes that I can even tolerate are 'Disco Strangler', 'Those Shoes', and 'Victim Of Love' sometimes.

Glad you enjoyed it though Sandra.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 12:27:58 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

Thank you JR as I feel the same way. My favorite couple of Eagle tunes that I can even tolerate are 'Disco Strangler', 'Those Shoes', and 'Victim Of Love' sometimes.

You and I think alot alike, T. Those are some of the songs I can handle off of 'Long Run', I'd toss in 'In The City', I have to say that is a great song. 'Life's Been Good' is a 'Freebird' song. How many times can you hear it before you a). take hostages, or b). your brain just explodes?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 12:39:48 AM »

you guys probally look alike too......lol

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 12:58:52 AM »

I really like the eagles only have 1 album tho

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 01:02:56 AM »

Life's Been Good rules live though. Joe Walsh is too cool. But you're right about the Freebird connection. In that, those were the two most played songs at the place where I hung out in high school. But only one survived the owner's wrath. So yeah, it's one of those songs. I'd add Stairway to Heaven to that list too. Anyway, Joe could have put on a show by himself and it would have been just as cool. I actually did see him solo during his 'low' period at some county fair. Rocky Mountain Way, In the City, Funk 49, and Walk Away are all great songs. Which he did. Personaly, I think he upstaged the other guys with his stuff. He even did two new songs. I don't think the others had any new stuff. Anyway, I hadn't listned to the Eagles in a while, so I could deal with hearing songs that I've heard dozens of times already. Except Take it to the Limit. I can hear that song a million times and still love it. Although I prefer Randy Meisner singing it to Glen Fry. What ever happened to Randy anyway? I mean, Timothy Schmidt is okay, but I like the other guys voice better. I think you guys would enjoy them live. I mean come on. Freakin' Eagles. Biggest American band of all time. No?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 01:15:41 AM »

NO!!!i'm sorry thats incorrect......

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 01:20:43 AM »

Then who am I not thinking of? And I can hear you without the yelling.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 01:27:20 AM »

Okay, so maybe I forgot about the Doors. Possibly Nirvana, Van Halen, the Beach Boys and the Ramones. Pearl Jam, R.E.M, the Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers...Okay, give me a break then, I was all excited from just seeing them. They ARE in the top ten though. Easily.  

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 01:43:53 AM »

I've seen Joe solo twice and once with Ringo and he does put on a fine show, but The Eagles drag him down in my opinion. I've seen Don Henley solo once (good, but a little lackluster), Glenn Frey solo once (opened for somebody and he pretty much stunk), and Timothy B once with Ringo (it was Ringo,,,come on), but never the Eagles. Go figure.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 01:45:25 AM »

Quote from: pc31
you guys probally look alike too......lol

A couple of studs no doubt.  8)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 01:47:41 AM »

yeah cocks of the walk......

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 02:11:05 AM »

Jealousy will get you everywhere.

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 02:32:54 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Okay, so maybe I forgot about the Doors. Possibly Nirvana, Van Halen, the Beach Boys and the Ramones. Pearl Jam, R.E.M, the Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers...Okay, give me a break then, I was all excited from just seeing them. They ARE in the top ten though. Easily.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 01:21:01 AM »

I've got a few Calif Hotel LPs with the fold out poster! Joe Walsh use to be in another band called the "James Gang" that was pretty good hard rock music.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 75 queries.