Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Memory Almost Full  (Read 26899 times)

Bobber

Memory Almost Full
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:40:42 AM »

Alright, I started a new thread as it seems to be inevitable that Paul's album will be released as Memory Almost Full in June.

I found some details, including a tracklist.

Release date set & tracklistings for Paul McCartney

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Memory Almost Full
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 12:55:24 PM »

Sounds great ... tho some of the song titles sound too much like working titles: Love Hear My Thunder, Robber of Soul (?), Buy the Farm (?), God Damn Rock 'n Roll or Pictures in Song Suite, for example ... and Pizza and Fairy Tales is the title of this Paul bootleg!  ??)

... thanks a lot for the info, Bobber!  :)

P.S. By the way, I'm not the one who posted that tracklist on that messageboard!  8)

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 01:07:55 PM »

Please keep in mind that this is all unofficial at this point. This tracklist might as well be a fan's fantasy.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 01:14:23 PM »

Yes, I know  ;) ... but there's a lot of info out there and this seems to come from an insider, if you ask me ... it's good to know this ... I've already posted about the release date, album title and the 15 minute suite but that tracklist sounds as a probable one: the number of songs and their brief description ...

I guess we're listening to his new single in a few weeks  ::) ... 3rd track?  ??)

... do you remember the first news about his last album here on the forum? ... summer of 2005 it was ... and the song details were sooo close to reality: part of the lyrics and the hidden track ... let's take a look (almost two monts before it was released):
http://dmbeatles.com/forums/b-mccartney/m-1120839607/s-15/   (In Blue Hawaii's reply ... #25)

P.S. When I've read this:
_"5. Robber of Soul
Funky jazz/brass number, unlike anything in catalog so far."
Got To Get You Into My Mind came to my ... my mind! ??)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »

This is such great news!!!
But i know we shouldn't get too exicited as we do not know
for sure on the release dates...
It is advertised on Amazon.com so it looks promising
Tracklistings look great Bobber!! very simple as well.
To me it sounds like a Ambiant sound album (brian eno
for instance). I know Macca can be brillant at that stuff.  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 06:31:58 PM »

Acchording to David Kahne, producer of Paul's new album, the track listing posted on a Starbuck's gossip blog yesterday is totally fake.
Kahne said, "This is a fake track listing. It has nothing to do with the album, pretty funny, though."

from here: http://www.maccareport.com

-------------------------------------------------------
"Totally fake"? Maybe the song titles?

Because, I've read the following review ::) ...
... some of the descriptions are complementalry to what Bobber's posted ...
... tho no 15 minute suite are mentioned (but begining with track 8 ) both "reviews" agree: great album coming! :) ...
... anyway, here's what I've read:

Caution: Over the top Macca Fanboy Spewing w/Spoilers.

I was lucky enough to hear the full album last night. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the world - Paul seems to have a habit of following up a strong release (Chaos & Creation) with a dud. I'm happy to say this album exceeds all of my expectations. One of his best!

Five listens in (I'm guessing on song titles), here's a track-by-track:

1. "Everybody Gonna Dance Around Tonight" (title?) - Short album opener. Instrumentation includes ukelele (some similarities to Harrison's "Any Road"), kick drum (lockstep, martial beat) and whistling. Similar to "We're Open Tonight" in sentiment, the lyric is a trifle but track is brief/fun enough.

2. "My Everpresent Past" (title?) - Musically quirky (McCartney II fans will love this one), hooky and clever with great lyrics, addictive robotic rhythm, nifty distorted guitar riffs and terrific double-tracked vocals. Fully realized top-drawer Macca Pop in every respect. Opening line: "I've got too much on my plate - I've got no time to be a decent lover". A+

3. "Wanna See Your Sunshine" (title?) Creative, commercial pop love song with wonderful bass playing. Echoes of Linda in the background vocal department (as on "Run Devil Run", the vocal ghost of Linda shows up repeatedly throughout the album, as least to my ears). Middle section features a neat tempo change and fastly sung lyric. Romantic. Accapella ending.

4. "Only Mama Knows" (title?) Orgasmically great Power Pop! Back To The Egg-esque energy! Great vocal! Junior's Farm-esque gutbucket feel, quirky lyric, lots of Linda/Denny/Wings guitar energy. My early favorite, rocks like a b****!

5. "You Tell Me" - Stunning, heartfelt, bittersweet non-silly, post-love song, Acoustic based with great confessional lyric (ala "Dear Friend") and astounding, emotional vocal. Very Wings - echoes of Denny and Linda abound. "When was that summer of a dozen words" (let the Heather/divorce lyric hunting begin).

6. "Mr. Bellamy" (title?) - I can't believe how great this track is; the odd, glorious musical structure and chord changes will surprise you at every turn. An A Cappella breakdown to die for. VERY early 10CC (think "Sheet Music"), with goofy vocal interjections (if you are familiar with 10CC's "The Worst Band in The World" you're halfway there).

7. "Gratitude" - Pop/gospel w/shouty, "Oh, Darling" vocal. Nice tune and interesting arrangement but overemoting vocal ruins it for me. Possible grower.

8. "Vintage Clothes" (title?) - not positive but I think this is the first track of the album-ending Medley, ala RRSpeedway/ARoad. Lyrically a modern-day "Dedicated Follower of Fashion"-a tongue in cheek (I think) sendup/lampooning of modern clothing/fashion trends. Possibly inspired by daughter/clothing designer Stella? Strong lyric, ultrahooky tune and great arrangement, w/Beatlesque swirly backwards mellotrons and highly compressed tack piano (the opening piano riff is almost identical to Fleetwood Mac's "Say You Love Me"). Perfect pop.

9. "That Was Me" (title?) Backwards drum loop, rockabilly guitar riffs on acoustic, with great dissonant piano stabs, ala "I Want To Tell You". Autobiographical lyric speaks of/chronicles events in Paul's childhood, The Cavern Club, success...

10. "Very Hard" (title?) - Top track, features Brian Wilsonesque vocal breakdown section (with vocodor!) and another strong autobiographical lyric.

11. "Hidden In The Yard" - moody, forboding, cinematic - think a darker "Beware My Love". Great lyric/arrangement, unexpected chord changes from heaven, screaming guitar solos and one of Paul's best vocals ever.

12. "The End Of The End" - touching, confessional album closer, unlike anything that Paul has recorded. The lyric speaks to how he would like to be remembered/celebrated after he's gone. A heavy lyric tempered by upbeat, song-closing whistling coda (echoing whistling on opening track).

13. "Nod your Head" (title?) - Silly, brief album closer, ala "Boil Crisis". Probably (hopefully) a bonus/hidden track. Musically similar to the also-hidden instrumental track that closes Chaos (sounds like the same session).
-----------------------------------------------------

Both somehow agree describing the 3rd track as "nice pop song [...] likely first single"  and "creative, commercial pop love song" ...

Rum-ours and more rum-ours ... this is our Paul!!!LOL!  ;D

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »

Some (few) new (variations about the) titles of some songs but the same description of my last post:

1. Dance Tonight - Short album opener. Instrumentation includes ukelele (some similarities to Harrison's "Any Road"), kick drum (lockstep, martial beat) and whistling. Similar to "We're Open Tonight" in sentiment, the lyric is a trifle but track is brief/fun enough.

2. Ever Present Past - Musically quirky (McCartney II fans will love this one), hooky and clever with great lyrics, addictive robotic rhythm, nifty distorted guitar riffs and terrific double-tracked vocals. Fully realized top-drawer Macca Pop in every respect. Opening line: "I've got too much on my plate - I've got no time to be a decent lover". A+

3. See Your Sunshine Creative - commercial pop love song with wonderful bass playing. Echoes of Linda in the background vocal department (as on "Run Devil Run", the vocal ghost of Linda shows up repeatedly throughout the album, as least to my ears). Middle section features a neat tempo change and fastly sung lyric. Romantic. Accapella ending.

4. Only Mama Knows - Orgasmically great Power Pop! Back To The Egg-esque energy! Great vocal! Junior's Farm-esque gutbucket feel, quirky lyric, lots of Linda/Denny/Wings guitar energy. My early favorite, rocks like a b****!

5. You Tell Me - Stunning, heartfelt, bittersweet non-silly, post-love song, Acoustic based with great confessional lyric (ala "Dear Friend") and astounding, emotional vocal. Very Wings - echoes of Denny and Linda abound. "When was that summer of a dozen words" (let the Heather/divorce lyric hunting begin).

6. Mister Bellamy - I can't believe how great this track is; the odd, glorious musical structure and chord changes will surprise you at every turn. An A Cappella breakdown to die for. VERY early 10CC (think "Sheet Music"), with goofy vocal interjections (if you are familiar with 10CC's "The Worst Band in The World" you're halfway there).

7. "Gratitude" - Pop/gospel w/shouty, "Oh, Darling" vocal. Nice tune and interesting arrangement but overemoting vocal ruins it for me. Possible grower.

8. "Vintage Clothes" - not positive but I think this is the first track of the album-ending Medley, ala RRSpeedway/ARoad. Lyrically a modern-day "Dedicated Follower of Fashion"-a tongue in cheek (I think) sendup/lampooning of modern clothing/fashion trends. Possibly inspired by daughter/clothing designer Stella? Strong lyric, ultrahooky tune and great arrangement, w/Beatlesque swirly backwards mellotrons and highly compressed tack piano (the opening piano riff is almost identical to Fleetwood Mac's "Say You Love Me"). Perfect pop.

9. That Was Me - Backwards drum loop, rockabilly guitar riffs on acoustic, with great dissonant piano stabs, ala "I Want To Tell You". Autobiographical lyric speaks of/chronicles events in Paul's childhood, The Cavern Club, success...

10- Feet In The Crowd/Clouds - Top track, features Brian Wilsonesque vocal breakdown section (with vocodor!) and another strong autobiographical lyric.

11. "Hidden In The Yard" or "House of Wax" - moody, forboding, cinematic - think a darker "Beware My Love". Great lyric/arrangement, unexpected chord changes from heaven, screaming guitar solos and one of Paul's best vocals ever.

12. "The End Of The End" - touching, confessional album closer, unlike anything that Paul has recorded. The lyric speaks to how he would like to be remembered/celebrated after he's gone. A heavy lyric tempered by upbeat, song-closing whistling coda (echoing whistling on opening track).

13. "Nod Your Head" - Silly, brief album closer, ala "Boil Crisis". Probably (hopefully) a bonus/hidden track. Musically similar to the also-hidden instrumental track that closes Chaos (sounds like the same session).

and more ...

"The name of the first single to be released from Memory Almost Full is called "Dance Tonight". The video for the song has been directed by Michel Gondry and stars Mackenzie Crook, Natalie Portman and Macca impersonator Neil Tudor."

On the other hand, To Be Said title is from a 2001 poem Paul published about Linda in his poetry book Blackbird Singing and Pizza And Fairy Tales was what John accused Paul of being during a phone argument in the 70s ... acchording to Paul John once spat out at him that: "you're only pizza and fairytales." ... and Paul has gone on record numerous times saying that it would make a great album title ...

It seems that the domain memoryalmostfull.com was purchased by Concord Music Group on March 13th so it seems that that will be the home page for the upcoming album!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »

Interesting stuff. I love a good rumour.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »

Quote from: 483
Interesting stuff. I love a good rumour.

Oh, I've even heard that Pail Is Dead ... had you heard it before?!  ;D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »

Quote from: 297

Oh, I've even heard that Pail Is Dead ... had you heard it before?!  ;D

No!!!! So is that a stand in?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 06:45:31 PM »

There are still some doubts about it! ;D

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »

Memory Almost Full - Macca's hidden message to Linda?

"Is the title of Paul McCartney's new album, "Memory Almost Full" really a secret anagram with a message to his late wife Linda?

An anagram is a word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase in order to discover a hidden meaning.

It has been suggested that if you take the title of McCartney's album and rearrange the letters you get this phrase; "FOR MY SOUL MATE LLM." The initials "LLM" stand for Linda Louise McCartney. A secret message for the dear departed Linda? Or the brainchild of a fan with too much time on their hands?

Other title theories are not as cosmic. A more literal meaning points to Paul's impending divorce, as a "purging" of a computer hard drive running out of space. Is Paul "dumping the trash" and making room for someone else?

Whatever the meaning behind "Memory Almost Full," there are haunting echoes of the Lovely Linda throughout the album. Songs such as "See Your Sunshine" reportedly have vocals eerily reminiscent of McCartney's better half.

The album is said to be a nod to McCartney's former band, Wings, a band that Paul and Linda nurtured successfully in the aftermath of The Beatles.

For fans there is plenty of pop, rock Macca revisiting his Beatles past and his solo years on the album. McCartney plays most of the instruments, with some help from his touring band, Brian Ray, Rusty Anderson, Abe Laboriel, Jr. and Paul "Wix" Wickens who recorded at Abbey Road Studios with their boss and album producer, David Kahne, back in 2005.

The highlight of the album promises to be a fifteen-minute suite that some say reminds them of The Beatles "Abbey Road" album.

Glenn Barros, CEO of Concord Music Group, partnered with Starbucks' new Hear Music label launching the album, was quoted in Rolling Stone saying, "You can hear real elements of the Wings and Beatles eras."

The release date of June 5th might still be a long wait for hardcore McCartney fans, who having been anticipating a new Macca album since 2005 when the Grammy nominated "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard" was released. And a rumored tour this fall in Europe and the UK might keep fans in credit card debt forever.

Macca's memory maybe "almost full" but for us fans we just can't get enough. So clear off your CD shelf and make room for McCartney's latest endeavor which promises to be his best ever.

[...]"

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »

More people bored  ::) ...

"RAM is a computer technology term meaning "Random Access Memory".

So we had "Random Access Memory" in 1971, and now we have "Memory Almost Full" in 2007"

ohyea

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 06:28:49 PM »

wow this news gets me excited!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »

Quote from: 509
wow this news gets me excited!
Please, control yourself: it's still very soon! ... just kidding ;) , let's sing Pizza and Fairytales!!! ;D

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 09:17:16 PM »

Quote from: 297
Memory Almost Full - Macca's hidden message to Linda?

"Is the title of Paul McCartney's new album, "Memory Almost Full" really a secret anagram with a message to his late wife Linda?

[...]"

or is it an anagram for heather mills....

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »

NEW SINGLE?

"Ever Present Past"...
... available to radio stations via digital download at 12:01am ET this Friday, April 20. A CD single will be serviced to radio later that day.

I wonder how close to reality this description is:
2. "My Everpresent Past" (title?) - Musically quirky (McCartney II fans will love this one), hooky and clever with great lyrics, addictive robotic rhythm, nifty distorted guitar riffs and terrific double-tracked vocals. Fully realized top-drawer Macca Pop in every respect. Opening line: "I've got too much on my plate - I've got no time to be a decent lover". A+

Of course, Dance Tonightwould have been "too much" being Heather on Dancing With the Stars ...

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 10:56:35 AM »

^What's your source on this news, raxo?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »

Quote from: 63
^What's your source on this news, raxo?

It's something that it's being said by different people ... mainly forums but that that track seems to be the new single it's said, among others, by this web (tho there the date of the album it's said to be June 1st  ::)):
http://www.musicupdate.nl/index.php?xnewsaction=fullnews&newsarch=042007&newsid=25

Please, notice that I've asked "NEW SINGLE?"  :) ...

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »

Ah, you can read Dutch. But this site does not mention the time and date of the download.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Page created in 1.007 seconds with 70 queries.