Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Does Paul Still Matter?  (Read 6590 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Does Paul Still Matter?
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2007, 11:52:22 PM »

Clearly

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 11:57:01 PM »

Quote from: 366
May I interupt your ancientnessess?

Paul is a rocker as much as he is anything else.

Ok, tuff guy. So if Paul wrote and sang a few rock tunes, but the other 90% of his catalog isnt,,,he's a rocker? Thanks for enlighteneing all of us.

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 12:11:01 AM »

Of course he's still a rocker. He's alot of other things too. Just my opinion you understand.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 12:38:01 AM »

I understand. Music is different in everybodys ears. Anyways, this was a fun little bickering episode thats been missed around here for a long time. I know everybody has their own opinions, but I just like to edge people on sometimes.

Its all good and peace to everyone.

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 12:48:28 AM »

If everybody thought the same it would be rather boring.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 02:45:22 AM »

Paul matters, the industry sucks. Ask both George Martin & Geoff Emerick about the business. I think CACITBY is a fine, if not the best solo album of Pauls I have heard. I am not a fan of Beatles solo careers either as a general rule. Sgt. Peppers was when it was all over really for me but Paul held on well despite a lack of partnership from John. Funnily enough it's this later period of Beatles that I seem to enjoy the most with all three PM, JL & GH writing amazing songs that transcended the norm.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »

Quote from: 366
If everybody thought the same it would be rather boring.

Exactly!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »

I've always thought that if you're going to be a Macca fan you have to accept that he will do a lot of genre-hopping. It's just how he is. He's a master songwriter and seems to enjoy trying his hand at almost everything. It's what he does, and what he does well. That's why I for one don't dislike The Frog Chorus - it is exactly what it sets out to be and does it very well.
Whether some people see it as a strength or a weakness is a moot point (imo), because it is what he does.
Have I just contradicted myself again? Sometimes I see his ability to knock out tunes seemingly at will a sign of genius, at other times it all feels a  bit by the numbers.
I could probably do with shutting up and actually listening to it.
don't follow leaders

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »

Quote from: 185
That's why I for one don't dislike The Frog Chorus - it is exactly what it sets out to be and does it very well.

I always thought it worked better in the animated film than the single.
I don't care for the song really but i can't knock the man for all the brilliant work he's done besides that! :)

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

Paul still matters to me and thats all that really matters.
I don't buy everything he makes these days although i bought Chaos and i was impressed by that album which was full of good songs .
It's up their with Ram ,Band on the Run and London Town as my personal faves .
And im looking forward to Memory Almost Full as i think Paul is in a good creative patch at the moment and if it's anything like Chaos i will be well pleased.
As for His relevance today who knows . He's a Beatle and we only have the two left and lovely old Ringo an't gunna knock out an earth sattering album  :D
And this could well be his last album ,the title is a big clue, maybe he will do McCartney 3 , but we are not going to get much more from him i feel in terms of rock albums.
And i agree the money is in the tours these days and most of the older rockers know that.
Im a big fan of the late Marc Bolan and T.rex and i can tell you i would have given anything for him to produce a few more good bad indifferent albums.
So the fact that Paul is still making them 37 years after The Beatles split is great .
It matters to him , so it matters to me :)

DaveRam :)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »

Quote from: 679
[...]
And this could well be his last album ,the title is a big clue, maybe he will do McCartney 3 , but we are not going to get much more from him i feel in terms of rock albums.
[...]
You're not the first one who says this ... but I can't imagine it!  :-/[size=9](finger crossed)[/size] ;D

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »

Hi Raxo,

Hopefully we will get a couple more albums , but i don't feel it will be many more than that .
Think he will always compose, but it maybe in the classical feild he will work in the future or filmscores as someone said.

DaveRam :)

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »

Paul will continue to make and release music until he dies (and after that too). I can't see him just saying tomorrow that he'll never write his mainstream songs ever again, he can't help making them.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2007, 12:16:57 AM »

Pardon my language... but half the people today including some people in "the business" wouldn't know talent if it came up and kicked them in the ass....

Paul is a legend... he was knighted by the freaking Queen of ENGLAND!!!!... Most people today are musically retarded anyways nothing gets me madder then people who respect rap.. it isn't even music its talking with drums... bad drums...

I'm sorry but I get mad sometimes.. I don't think Paul is forgotten at all. Beatle music never ages... and just because he didn't win a grammy anyways doesn't mean anything.. The Beatles were stolen of Grammy's they should have had more then they did... so, it is only up to 2 people who wins those so....

All I know is, Beatles and PAUL are here to stay "and if they don't like it they can kiss my .. m... a$$"

Sorry for the little burst of anger.... LOL!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2007, 12:42:05 PM »

Quote from: 668
All I know is, Beatles and PAUL are here to stay "and if they don't like it they can kiss my .. m... a$$"

I like your attitude DarkSweetLady! ;D
Macca does always say that if they sack him from the music buisness, he will carry it
on as a hobbie. i can't see him stop writing songs (i hope not!), because it's in his blood.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »

Hee! I love all this emotionalism.  I think Paul is very lucky; he's found what turns him on, and he's good at doing it. That is a gift in this life, and I'm very happy for him.  Go, Paul!  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »

Still matter? We're gonna know in some weeks, I'm afraid.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

matthew

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »

Quote from: 668

Paul is a legend... he was knighted by the freaking Queen of ENGLAND!!!!...  

don't know if that really means much.....

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »

Welcome Matthaw! Enjoy the Beatles Forums! ;)

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2007, 11:43:55 PM »

We're one big happy family.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 83 queries.