Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: SIGN UPS FOR SECRET SANTA CD"S HERE  (Read 11391 times)

Bobber

Re: SIGN UPS FOR SECRET SANTA CD"S HERE
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »

Listened to the first half of George's cd in the car this morning. Nice and refreshing. Lots of new names to me. A touch of 60's-90's revival and country here and there. At least, that's what I hear! Thanks a lot George!  :laugh:

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »

I'm glad you like it Cor. 
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 05:37:20 PM »

My cd's are finally in the mail, hopefully they'll arrive before (or not too long after) Christmas...

I received you cd a few days ago, Cor. Thanks! I listened to it today, especially tracks 3 and 11 were pleasant surprises.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »

Sent mine out today.

Bobber

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 06:45:14 PM »

My cd's are finally in the mail, hopefully they'll arrive before (or not too long after) Christmas...

I received you cd a few days ago, Cor. Thanks! I listened to it today, especially tracks 3 and 11 were pleasant surprises.

I know what 3 is. But 11?

Joost' cd arrived this late afternoon. Some familiair names there, even artists from the town where I was born! Looking forward to listening to that.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »

I know what 3 is. But 11?

Track 11 on your cd. 'Dream a Little Dream'.

Bobber

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:31 PM »

Track 11 on your cd. 'Dream a Little Dream'.

Ah! I put that on for Barry's sake to be honest.  :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2014, 10:25:55 PM »

Klang and ibanez_ax, I received your CDs. Thanks! Looking forward to listening to them as soon as I have the time!

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 11:41:08 PM »

And I got everyone's but Todd's - interstellar transport is not what it should be.

Haven't listened quite yet - I think it'll be tomorrow.

If anyone wants to download my CD send me a PM and I'll give you the link.

Cheers!

8)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »

I just got Cor's yesterday.  I have yet to listen to George's or Cor's but i'm going to try to browse through them today.  I've been laid up with the flu for the last 3 days, so I haven't been in the listening mood.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »

I just got Cor's yesterday.  I have yet to listen to George's or Cor's but i'm going to try to browse through them today.  I've been laid up with the flu for the last 3 days, so I haven't been in the listening mood.

Lousy way to spend Christmas Todd. Get to feeling better.

KelMar

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »

I hope you feel better soon Todd! I've got something going on, I think a sinus infection. Luckily I'm on vacation until the 6th.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »

I've been laid up with the flu for the last 3 days, so I haven't been in the listening mood.

That sucks, Todd; sorry to hear you were ill. Two of my kids and I caught a nasty cold (not the flu, though) and were sick over
Christmas too.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I received Klangs cd today so i'm caught up.  Going to listen to some tonight.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »

I started out with Klang's CD's last night.  First off, loved the Christmas Card.  Sure, I have no idea what it says on the front ( ha2ha), but its cool and my wife and kids loved it too.

Music wise, I thought it was awesome how a lot of the songs stay in the Christmas theme.  I dig the fast paced surfer type music of the Boardwalkers, Neptunas, and even the Los Straitjackets.  Love that kind of stuff.  I only browsed through the collection one time so far, but have to comment on the song from Salt.  Love it.  Reminded me of a Mamas and Papas kind of thing with the female voices. I was also surprised at how much I liked the song from Anoushka Shankar as i'm not usually one for the indian music.

All in all, an outstanding effort.  Cant wait to listen to it some more and become more familiar with the songs.

I love these CD swaps and i'm going to try to hit up another one tonight.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »

I went to the post office today and got my mail that was held since the 19th while I was in Philadelphia.  Everyone's CD (Barry's is a DVD) is here.  I will listen in between bowl games.  partypeople

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2014, 05:47:57 AM »

I hope you enjoy the DVD, George.  I received your CD last week but I'm waiting until I go off call tomorrow to really enjoy it.  It's been a busy ten days!

Thank you too for your CD, Cor.  I'll be completing mine for you this weekend.

I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Barry
I can stay till it's time to go

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »

All in all, an outstanding effort.  Cant wait to listen to it some more and become more familiar with the songs.

I'm glad you enjoyed some of that. I admit it's an eclectic mix. That kind of diversity appeases the various personalities trapped inside my fevered brain-case. I'd like to think there's a little something there for everyone.

I still haven't gotten yours yet. I hope the almighty Bundespost hasn't dropped the ball on this. Phalanges crossed.

I finally got a good listen in with the others. Very nice. I can honestly say that every tracked was enjoyable and I got exposed to some exciting new stuff.

George: Lots of new stuff for me. I was not acquainted with Temples, Fleet Foxes, and Tame Impala. Always enjoy Roseanne Cash. Some highlights - Rose Tattoo, Sun Structures, and Battery Kinzie. Good stuff. The whole thing is a fun listen. I'd kind of forgotten how good Dropkick Murphys can be. I'll have to add more of that to my collection.

Cor: Very mellow (mostly) and sophisticated (always) mix. Let's face it, successfully putting Debussy and Sparks together on one CD calls for a bow. Sparks is a family favorite here at The Old Melody Ranch. I have to admit, I'd never given a good listen to Royals before now. I like it. Still Loving After You was a nice new one for me.

Joost: Some great old faves. Also some nice new discoveries. Especially the Netherlands selections. Especially enjoyed Russian Spy And I, Temporarily Expendable, and I Apologise (Dear Simon). Very nice Beach Boys selections. The Stranglers selection (Golden Brown) was new to me. I'll have to bone up on them.

I see that everyone opted for the higher quality AIFF format. I went with MP3s to get more tracks in. I hope the fidelity didn't suffer too much. If I do this again I'll go the other way. Maybe do a double CD like Joost did if I feel the need.

Thanks to everyone who shared.

Again, if anyone would like to download my set then hit me up.

Kaili.

8)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »

I'm glad you enjoyed some of that. I admit it's an eclectic mix. That kind of diversity appeases the various personalities trapped inside my fevered brain-case. I'd like to think there's a little something there for everyone.

I still haven't gotten yours yet. I hope the almighty Bundespost hasn't dropped the ball on this. Phalanges crossed.

I finally got a good listen in with the others. Very nice. I can honestly say that every tracked was enjoyable and I got exposed to some exciting new stuff.

George: Lots of new stuff for me. I was not acquainted with Temples, Fleet Foxes, and Tame Impala. Always enjoy Roseanne Cash. Some highlights - Rose Tattoo, Sun Structures, and Battery Kinzie. Good stuff. The whole thing is a fun listen. I'd kind of forgotten how good Dropkick Murphys can be. I'll have to add more of that to my collection.

Cor: Very mellow (mostly) and sophisticated (always) mix. Let's face it, successfully putting Debussy and Sparks together on one CD calls for a bow. Sparks is a family favorite here at The Old Melody Ranch. I have to admit, I'd never given a good listen to Royals before now. I like it. Still Loving After You was a nice new one for me.

Joost: Some great old faves. Also some nice new discoveries. Especially the Netherlands selections. Especially enjoyed Russian Spy And I, Temporarily Expendable, and I Apologise (Dear Simon). Very nice Beach Boys selections. The Stranglers selection (Golden Brown) was new to me. I'll have to bone up on them.

I see that everyone opted for the higher quality AIFF format. I went with MP3s to get more tracks in. I hope the fidelity didn't suffer too much. If I do this again I'll go the other way. Maybe do a double CD like Joost did if I feel the need.

Thanks to everyone who shared.

Again, if anyone would like to download my set then hit me up.

Kaili.

8)

I'm glad you like it, Jim.

Dropkick Murphys can still rock out some hard punk stuff, so I wanted to include a couple of their more melodic tunes.  The same goes for Flogging Molly.

As far as formats go, it really depends on the mastering.  A well mastered recording will sound fine as an MP3 file.  A badly mastered recording will sound bad in any format, including lossless.

Todd, I listened to all of your first disc and most of your second.  Great sixties vibe as usual.  There is no such thing as too many Buckinghams songs.

Bobber

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »

Pretty busy listening to all the stuff! Very very nice. I have ordered the cd by The Temples, for I loved the songs George put on his cd. Overall, very diverse and very enjoyable!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.856 seconds with 79 queries.