Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Post your Paul concert memories!  (Read 1448 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Post your Paul concert memories!
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:50:39 PM »

(I don't know if there's been a thread like this before, but I thought it'd be fun to ask this.  Sorry if this is a duplicate, though.)

Have you been to a Paul McCartney concert before?  (I guess Beatles/Wings/solo would all count.)  If so, tell us about it!

When and where was the concert?
Was it hard to get tickets?  (That's something I'm worried about.)
How did you feel when you saw Paul in person?  Were you ecstatic?  Did you cry?  Laugh?  Scream?  Pass out?  ;D
What songs blew you away?  Any favorite moments?
Did you get any cool concert souvenirs?

:)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Post your Paul concert memories!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »

Great thread!

When and where was the concert?

I have seen Paul twice in concert. The first time was on April 29, 2002 in Cleveland, Ohio and the second time was on October 27, 2005 in Des Moines, Iowa.

Was it hard to get tickets?

No.

How did you feel when you saw Paul in person?  Were you ecstatic?  Did you cry?  Laugh?  Scream?  Pass out?

It felt like a dream both times because I never thought in a million years that I would see Paul in concert. I was ecstatic!

What songs blew you away?  Any favorite moments?

I don't remember any songs in '02 blowing me away but in '05, Helter Skelter and I've Got A Feeling.

Did you get any cool concert souvenirs?

Both concerts, I got a couple of shirts and tour programs. In Des Moines, I got a lithograph (they only made 500) and I had gotten the last two and it turns out the last one was 1/500!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »

I've seen him 5 times. The first was in 89' I believe in Pittsburgh (have to check the ticket) and I remember walking around the Civic Arena wondering where I could smoke a joint. I found some storage room and snuck in. Smoked my joint and then enjoyed the concert.

The other shows were in Cleveland and the last one was in Columbus Ohio.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:02:35 AM »

^ Maybe we went to the same Cleveland show in 2002. That would be pretty cool.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:46:31 AM »

Hmm upon reflection, actually singing in the same room (ok Earls Court, London) at the same time as Macca was highly spiritual. It was the first time he chose to do so many Beatle songs aswell, which is exactly what I wanted. The band were fantastic, which was a relief as I was really apprehensive about how I would feel about 'unworthy' musicians....(Only because I wanted to be up there with him. hehehe) They were all mighty worthy, especially Abe & Wix. He also did 'Something' on Ukelele for George which was emotional. I'd not heard that version before then.

I won't ever forget the rush and glad to have had the pleasure to take to the grave.

I also managed some herbal assistance...I'll have to varify if I was cheeky enough to have one inside...I'm sure the smoking ban hadn't kicked in by then. My teetotaller mate who went with me would know. heheh
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:52:46 PM »

I also remember before the gates opened at the Cleveland show my mom and I were talking to some guy outside the arena and he was hitting on my mom! He was like well if you ever come back around these parts, give me a call  ;D

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »

No one else has been to a Paul concert?  Seriously?!  Where is everyone?   :(

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 10:16:22 AM »

Quote from: 682
^ Maybe we went to the same Cleveland show in 2002. That would be pretty cool.

I was at both of those Cleveland shows, so i'm sure we shared the same experience.

liliom

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »

Hello,i saw Wings in 1972 in Paris and in 1976 in Paris ,Venise and Munich,and many McCartney band's gigs,i have so much to tell but too difficult in english,i met Jimmy,Joe and Denny!i was in the Paul and Linda's toilet room in Munich!All those Wings' concert was magic!

dogpuppet

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 10:48:49 PM »

I've seen him 4 times starting in 1990, (I think) when he played at Texas Stadium (Where the Dallas Cowboys (allegedly) play football. ) I had to go by myself because no one would go with me. I couldn't believe I was really there. Oh man... what a show. Then I saw him twice in 2002 when he did back to back shows at Reunion Arena (Dallas again..) By myself again, but man, did I have a good time! I think the second night was better. This was also the show where I found out that he never changes the setlist. Or the between song patter. LOL.  The fourth time was at American Airlines Center in 2005. I almost didn't make that one because I had the flu and had been throwing up all day long. Somehow I managed to get it together, and with saltines in my pocket (because nothing else would stay down) I made it to the show. I vaguely remember trying to find my seat in the dark, ( the DJ thing had started...) and a bunch of rude people yelling at me because I was in the wrong section. After I found my seat and Paul started playing, things got alot better, though my head was still spinning. I recall Eleanor Rigby being especially creepy for some reason, Too Many People was great, and of course Helter Skelter blew me away. Somehow I had the presence of mind to buy a tshirt and one of those lithos... I'm not sure to this day how I got home.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »

All you folks who have seen Paul in concert--especially multiple times--are sooo very lucky!  I love reading the stories, so please keep on posting!

I posted about this on a different thread...  The closest I've come to seeing Paul in concert was in a crazy dream where the stage caught fire during "Live and Let Die", and then everything got soaked from sprinklers!  Kind of a sad dream experience (yet he did shake my hand before the fire, though), but I am still hoping to see Paul for real!

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 09:16:36 AM »

Quote from: 1644
I've seen him 4 times starting in 1990, (I think) when he played at Texas Stadium (Where the Dallas Cowboys (allegedly) play football. ) I had to go by myself because no one would go with me. I couldn't believe I was really there. Oh man... what a show. Then I saw him twice in 2002 when he did back to back shows at Reunion Arena (Dallas again..) By myself again, but man, did I have a good time! I think the second night was better. This was also the show where I found out that he never changes the setlist. Or the between song patter. LOL.  The fourth time was at American Airlines Center in 2005. I almost didn't make that one because I had the flu and had been throwing up all day long. Somehow I managed to get it together, and with saltines in my pocket (because nothing else would stay down) I made it to the show. I vaguely remember trying to find my seat in the dark, ( the DJ thing had started...) and a bunch of rude people yelling at me because I was in the wrong section. After I found my seat and Paul started playing, things got alot better, though my head was still spinning. I recall Eleanor Rigby being especially creepy for some reason, Too Many People was great, and of course Helter Skelter blew me away. Somehow I had the presence of mind to buy a tshirt and one of those lithos... I'm not sure to this day how I got home.

The Cowboys do play their home games at Texas Stadium...what's with the allegedly?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

Quote from: 1643
Hello,i saw Wings in 1972 in Paris and in 1976 in Paris ,Venise and Munich,and many McCartney band's gigs,i have so much to tell but too difficult in english,i met Jimmy,Joe and Denny!i was in the Paul and Linda's toilet room in Munich!All those Wings' concert was magic!

You MET Jimmy? Do tell! God I am so jealous  :P

dogpuppet

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »

Quote from: 682

The Cowboys do play their home games at Texas Stadium...what's with the allegedly?

They've been playing extremely poorly lately. Sorry, failed attempt at humor. I'll shut up now.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »

^ Oh haha my bad, I took it literally  :P

HeadInTheClouds

• One And One Is Two
  • Goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 05:27:15 PM »

Quote from: 1620
No one else has been to a Paul concert?  Seriously?!  Where is everyone?   :(
Hehe well I'm fifteen and I live in Holland, so I've never really had the chance to see him live  :-/
<br />&quot; The Beatles saved the world from boredom. &quot; - George Harrison

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 73 queries.