Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: paul saltzman images to grace the john lennon airp  (Read 1066 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
paul saltzman images to grace the john lennon airp
« on: November 16, 2007, 11:04:30 AM »

Press information for immediate release

Date: IMMEDIATE

RARE PAUL SALTZMAN IMAGES TO ADORN WALLS OF LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT DEPARTURE LOUNGE

Seven intimate and unique Beatles photographs, taken by two-time Emmy award winning Toronto-based film and television producer-director, Paul Saltzman, will be unveiled on Monday, November 19th at 17.00pm at Liverpool John Lennon Airport . The photographs, taken in 1968 whilst the Beatles were in India , will adorn the walls of the departure lounge at the airport in large rear-illuminated, light boxes.

2008 marks the 40th anniversary of both the photographs and the Beatles' time in India , which is renowned as the most creative capsules of time in their illustrious history. During this period, they wrote 48 songs in less than eight weeks. Six of the images are almost eight foot high and 23 feet wide and take up the main, long wall in the departure lounges and above the duty free shops.

Saltzman's work will also be displayed at Hard Days Night Hotel, a four star boutique hotel, set to open in the Beatles' Quarter of Liverpool in February. The hotel will be themed with Beatles artwork and memorabilia telling their story from basement to roof with six pieces of Saltzman's work already having been purchased for display in Hari's Bar, exclusive to hotel residents.

"It is fantastic to be asked to contribute my photographs to both this project and to the Hard Days Night Hotel." said Paul Saltzman. "I wasn't and never have been a photographer; I was just a kid with a camera in my backpack. Having these photographs displayed at Liverpool John Lennon Airport and at the Hard Days Night Hotel is a great honour. With Liverpool being the European City of Culture for 2008, it is a privilege to be involved and I am delighted that my images will also be adorning the walls of Hard Days Night Hotel."

- ends -

Notes to Editors

About Paul Saltzman

Paul Saltzman is a two-time Emmy Award winning Toronto-based film and television producer-director known for over 300 productions. In 1968 he travelled to India to learn meditation and it was there that he met and spent time with the Beatles, Mia Farrow, Donovan and Mike Love. Paul spent a week with the Beatles and took photos that were put away for 30 years until one day they were uncovered by his daughter. Paul is the founder of Sunrise Films Limited and has produced and directed documentaries including Spread Your Wings. In 1983 he turned to drama and produced and directed the premier of HBO's Family Playhouse. He also co-created and produced the family action-adventure television series Danger Bay . In 2000, Paul released his first book, The Beatles in Rishikesh and in early 2006 he self-published his second book, a deluxe Limited edition Box-Set, The Beatles in India . This came complete with Limited Edition archival chromagenic print, an original CD and an original DVD.

For further information, images or interviews please contact Paul Saltzman at paul@sfl-films.com

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 34 queries.