Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A short epiphany  (Read 542 times)

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
A short epiphany
« on: December 13, 2008, 05:53:39 AM »

I am writing this because of an epiphany I had while hearing "Something". Maybe it was the feeling of leaving and of remembering and of longing. Here were The Beatles  that had stolen our ears with delight as the 1964 Ed Sullivan group. Then they open our minds to the altered states of consciousness and being in 1966 and 1967, with radical ideals and philosophy for the time. What's hard to remember to alot of younger people like me is that how important that door of brand new possibilty was, how vastly unknown it was going to be, unlike anything today, practically inventing a new genre and and a fusion of musical concepts. But to get to my point, I felt like that after just opening a brand new door into a new dimension, they up and disappeared, they left you wanting more but your beloved guides had vanished. I guess what I mean is that is must have been totally terrible thinking about The Beatles being gone and never hearing anything from them again. Maybe its from the lines "I don't know." Or perhaps what I am trying to say is that I might have caught a glimpse of how fans who grew up then must felt over the breakup, being 19, I never experienced that. I never thought "Gee, I wonder what The Beatles are going to do next?" Of course it was not the end of them individually in musical terms as they began solo careers. I guess trying to write down a personal insight destroys it in a way, but maybe some one else understands what I am talking about. I just felt a certain energy in the song "Something" that was a kind of "goodbye" feeling deep inside, and I reacted with a "please don't go" epiphany.
(Maybe this would have went better in the George forum.)
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: A short epiphany
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

that's a very sweet thing to say, Mellotroniac. (we are of the same age!)
But you know, I have the idea the fans back then weren't like "What the Beatles will do next?" becuase they produced albums at a very quick rate. Or perhaps it was, I don't know. But I mean these days , you gotta wait ages for your favourite band to produce their next CD.

True, you say that our beloved guides disappeared, but that's the thing about the Beatles music (and any good music, come to that) is that it is timeless. So they will always guide you. But when the Beatles broke up, you still had them doing music individually so the "Beatles" still stayed. So I would use the word "dissolve" rather than "disappear"

It's amazing what you can come up with while listening to the Beatles

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 39 queries.